COVERGIRL Professional Natural Lash Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Oily
COVERGIRL Professional Natural Lash Mascara

3.5

Water, Alcohol Denatured, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Glycerin

on 12/13/2016 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm going to be honest, I've never used Natural Lash for its intended purpose... I exclusively use this mascara as a clear brow gel. But it's absolutely incredible for that. It holds my brow hairs in place the whole day, but doesn't feel sticky or crunchy. The curved wand is also weirdly perfect for moving the hairs exactly where I want them to go and following the angle of my brow bone so nothing looks out of place OR overly perfected. I also love the fact that it's clear. I'm testing out Benefit's Gimme Brow and I miss the ease of being able to slap on a clear gel and go. I find that with Gimme Brow I have to spend way more time making sure I'm not smearing or clumping the brown gel everywhere. Natural Lash is also way cheaper than Gimme Brow. Anyway, I can't speak to how well this works as a mascara, but as a brow gel, it's my Holy Grail.

on 7/23/2012 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I don't use this as a mascara but instead as a brow gel. For that purpose it is great and so much better than gel products marketed for brows. Keeps my full brows tamed and polished all day and the curved brush makes application very easy. I alternate between this and Maybelline's clear mascara and both do a fine job in keeping brow hairs in place.

on 11/16/2011 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Use and LOVE this as a brow gel!! Yes, the shape isn't the best for that purpose, but a quick tweak of your hand and it's fine. I'd previously used Max Factor's clear mascara for the same purpose, and it only held my thick brows in place for a cpl hours, then I'd have them sticking every which way. I more recently tried the Palladio brand from Sally's and returned that after a few days. I spend a lot on makeup, but I wasnt willing to shell out $10-20 for a clear brow gel at Sephora, so I thought I would try one more drugstore brand and thank goodness for this product. Holds my brows in place ALL DAY and they don't look stiff at all. For the price, you should at least try it.

on 10/24/2007 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this mascara because it's actually the only clear mascara that I've found in a department store (maybe I'm just not looking hard enough??) but I just use it at night to help nourish my lashes, and also on my eyebrows from time to time to keep them in place. I normally wear maybelline full and soft during the day and that works great ;-)

on 6/8/2005 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tint my own eyelashes with an awesome and pathetically easy-to-use kit called “1000 Hours Brow & Lash Tint” in Midnight Blue (blue/black) that I ordered from a online pharmacy in NZ (I’d previously used the Roux Brow/Lash tint kit that I got from Sallys but it was much more difficult to use and the results weren’t as long lasting or as glossy-looking). This lash tint leaves my bare lashes looking full, longer and lush as it dyes the little blonde tips of my lashes (doesn’t matter how dark your lashes are naturally, EVERYONE has those pale little tips on the end!) and really brings out the whites of my eyes (navy mascara has a similar effect). Since I want to show *off* the results of my handiwork, and not camouflage it with a traditional colored mascara, I was looking for a clear mascara that I could use to give my tinted lashes just a little bit more emphasis. In the past, I had tried clear mascaras from Makeup Forever and New York Color and wasn't really impressed. Also, I prefer a curved mascara wand, so when I saw this CoverGirl Smoothers "Natural Lash & Brow Mascara" with the curved brush, I snapped it up. Unlike most of the other reviewers who seem to use clear mascara only on their brows, I'm someone who actually uses it on my eyelashes and it works wonderfully well: gives my midnight-blue-tinted-lashes just enough added 'oomph' to really make my eyes pop. If you're looking for a clear mascara that actually thickens and/or lengthens your lashes, then this probably isn't for you, but if you're just wanting to go with that natural, YLBB look, this product is for you! I'll definitely repurchase again in three months when I have to toss this tube and get a fresh one because it has "expired."

on 6/3/2005 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Inexpensive, well worth it. Great for brows, but probably won't use on lashes because if I want a natural look I'd prefer to wear no mascara at all!

on 9/4/2004 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm a devotee of this product (CG Smoothers). I use it as a brow tamer, and it works fine. Not too stiff but holds fine. Beats the heck out of spraying a toothbrush with hairspray! Great price and available everywhere. I also like how easy the clear packaging is to pick out.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

CoverGirl Professional Natural Lash Mascara in 800 Clear was a good product for the $2 I paid for it. I wore another brand (Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara in Clear) & got this one since I'm into the no-makeup looks right now. I wear this on days I want to look natural, but not bare. I don't wear it with any other product as I don't want black color from another mascara getting onto the wand & into the tube. Even though this is transparent, it did clump & appear white on my lashes when I tried to build it up. It sat heavy on my lashes until it dried, which took a few minutes. There wasn't any flaking or residue left afterwards.

The reason I somewhat dislike this mascara is because I want a change I can see. It's a little too subtle for my liking & I'd like to be able to wear it without the use of a curler. I have naturally long eyelashes that are straight & don't hold much of a curl. I depend on mascara to curl them as much as possible & this just didn't do that for me like the one I used before did. It separates, defines, & lengthens... barely. I do like Maybelline Great Lash more than this one, but I don't consider this to be a bad product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this for brow taming. Not for lashes at all it just sticks them all together and pushes them down but for brows it works really well. Thats all I use it for. So I recommend it alot for brows and I will buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product probably 7 years ago and still use that same tube. Yes, I know it's probably not hygienic, but I only use it on my brows and not often. It's a good product & doesn't dry up, obviously.