Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833D

Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833D
Silk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833DSilk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833DWnW Mellow Wine blushSilk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833DSilk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833D

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/12/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great little blush for a great price. Very highly pigmented. Perfect for olive complexion. Only need to use a little. Lasts a long time on my skin. I just touch the blush with brush and tap on skin. I clean residue off brush with a tissue and buff it around. Never fails.

on 8/22/2016 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is scary, in a good way. How? Imagine your husband/boyfriend being all serious and telling you "Babe we need to talk". You watch him, you shiver and wait for the axe on your neck. Then he goes like "Surpriiiiiiise!" and hands you a gift you wanted for so long. That's more or less my wheel of emotions trying this one.
Don't get me wrong, I adore it. I bought it on a whim as it was in the sales box in one of my favourite drugstores, for 2 euros (I also got Heather Silk but I'm talking about it elsewhere). For 2 euros you really don't buy anything except, maybe, Essence or Wnw's polishes here. So, due to my new love for Wnw products, I had it without thinking twice.
Here comes the scary part. I wanted to use the little brush included in the box, as I usually do (you never know, sometimes the free brushes included in the product can be interesting), dabbed veeery delicately, and patted it on my smiling cheek. BOOM. It seemed I had a bizarre condition or a severe skin problem. My eyebrows raised to the ceiling. I'm totally aware Wnw is very generous in pigmentation, but how on earth do you explain this? I was so peachy orange it seemed I painted my face with you know that children colors they use at parties. I blended blended blended like crazy with the included brush but it ended in scratching (so, don't use it, it's pretty hard). So, I picked my Real tecniques sponge and dabbed dabbed dabbed and oooh. Problem solved. Divine results.

I was actually looking for something stronger than my usual Luminoso, as it fails to properly show up on my recently tanned skin. All my products are based on the 11 of 12 months when I'm pale and corpse looking. I don't really want to spend on darker colours but I got a product that really enhances the face and looks quite normal if properly blended. I guess it will last ages if the colour pay off is like this..

The packaging is meh as all the Wnw's, but who really cares. I still have to test this on the long run but surely won't betray me, so no needs to carry it around.

Cool! Well done!

To Read all 101 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/20/2015 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This blush is fantastic for the price. Gives a very fresh just out from the cold look. It's very flattering and an easy every day blush. Its reminds me of Nars Dolce vita which is my HG blush.It's super cheap too. However unlike the nars, it's quite dusty and powdery in texture and the lasting power is not great. Also the packaging is super cheap, breakable plastic but you do get what you pay for. Great everyday blush otherwisen & quite pigmented!

on 6/27/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

So I purchased this blush because of the rave reviews I've seen online, and also because of the great price. I have been using Tarte's Amazonian clay blush ($26 at ULTA and Sephora), but was looking for a deep pink color for less money. I really enjoyed using this blush. It applied smoothly on foundation (not so much on bare skin), was a great berry color, and wore decently (5 hours or so). What turned me off was that the product broke after a road trip. It only chipped some, so I kept it. I regretted that after I realized it had soon coated everything in the case with pink powder. It further broke into pieces with one drop onto the counter once getting home, sealing its fate to the trash. I wanted to love this blush. I wanted it to be an inexpensive staple to my makeup, but it is not to be. I won't be purchasing any more powder items from this brand, as when I checked out the bronzers in store a few weeks ago a number of them were broken. I'd rather spend the money on a product that will last a long time and can travel and hold up to small drops. I'm glad some can enjoy the blush, but I can't get past the poor packaging of formulation (or whatever makes them so easily broken).

on 12/5/2013 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, Wet n Wild continues to impress me! I've tried a lot of their eyeshadows and loved them, but skipped the blushes because I always have bad luck with drugstore blushes. They are either too chalky, not pigmented enough, or not true to color. I went to the drugstore the other day and saw this for $2.30 so I just picked it up on a whim. Nothing to lose. I got home, put in on, and was like "Whoa this looks amazing!" It's sort of a rosey strawberry color. It gave my NW 50 skin a really nice, healthy glow. I would definitely recommend giving this a try.

on 10/14/2013 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Shade description: matte peachy pink

Pros

- pigmented
- long wearing
- applies well

Cons

- packaging

Comments: I can't rave about these blushes enough. They're insanely pigmented and don't fade throughout the day. A little goes a very long way. This is a great peach color with some pink to it. It brightens up my face, but gives it some warmth at the same time.

Will repurchase.

on 8/1/2013 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This i an amazinggg product, it's insanely pigmented, and will probably last me forever. It's a nice deep pink color, and while it looks like it might have glitter in the packaging, it comes of completely matte. It's great for a natural looking flush, but you have to be really careful about how much you get on the brush as it's crazy pigmented. It doesn't last that long on my cheeks, maybe a few hours at most, but for about 3 dollars, it's pretty good. The packaging is just typical Wet n' Wild packaging, the black rectangle with a brush at the bottom that I really hate. The texture is smooth and there isn't crazy fall out. I wear this everyday and it's overall a great, inexpensive blush.

This blush just does not seem to stay very long. It gets the job done for a while, but is kind of a cheap blush. It is okay, andI will buy it when i can't afford something better. I feel awful in saying it, but it just does not do it for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the color that ushered me into using blush regularly. It gave me the confidence to venture out into trying other blushes such as my now favorite: NARS Taj Majal. Although, the difference between NARS and WnW is the drastic price differential (NARS: $30 v. WnW: $3) but WnW performance is just as if not more commendable than NARS. WnW is very pigmented, smooth texture, plenty in the pan, and a wide variety of colors available at any drugstore. Mellow wine, specifically, is a dusty rose shade that compliments any look of your choice and therefore is a gem for any FOTD. I definitely recommend WnW for beginners looking to experiment with blush because of its availability and affordability. This is a good starter for you to get a feel for what shade is best for u and to get you accustomed to applying blush.
~Adrienne Starr

Perfect color for olive skin. Lasts long. Won't need to put on more blush during the day. Trick is, just dab your blush brush in the blush because it is HIGHLY pigmented. You don't want to end up looking like a clown! I just wish it were packaged better than the cheap little plastic but hey, who cares it's only $2.99! Love the color!

Popular Blush Products