wet n wild Color Icon Blush - Mellow Wine

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/11/2018 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Best blushes from the drugstore at unbeatable prices. Very pigmented and beautiful colors.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have 2 pans of this in the older/original formula, because when WnW reformulated their coloricon blushes, they made "Mellow Wine" much more orange toned than it originally was, and there is now nothing wine about it! So keep in mind that my review is for the original formula and shade: I love this blush for days I want a warmer dusty rose flush of color, that is not too orange or brown. The fact that it is matte, makes it even more natural looking. Livens up my pale face, without looking ruddy like some pink toned blushes can. Super pigmented!!! I just need to lightly tap my blush brush into the pan to have enough color for both cheeks, making one pan last an entire year!

on 10/8/2018 4:16:00 PM

not as dark as it looks in the pan and really good quality. It’s a peachy mauve looking blush, but looks really natural if applied lightly. It costs $5 CAD and I would highly recommend :)

on 9/28/2018 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had this... for about 3 weeks. Until it completely shattered inside the container while in my purse. That has happened to me with a couple of other pressed makeup products that were in a large but very thin pan. So I was not shocked... nor very upset. I did not love this blush anyway and won't repurchase it even though it is very affordable. I quite liked the color, but how can anyone love this kind of pigmentation for a blush? It's simply too much. No matter how lightly I'd touch it with a fluffy brush (tried different brushes too), it would still apply too much of the product. Not for me.

on 9/7/2018 11:48:00 PM

I have finally found my go to blush. Watched Emily Fox on YouTube praise boring looking blushes, and this gives me a nice flushed look on the cheeks.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Mellow Wine is a smooth, glowy dark peach (or light terra cotta maybe?) blush that looks absolutely amazing on the skin. I am very pale, so for me this is more of a fall/winter blush, but it would look very nice on a variety of skin tones. In the pan it just looks kinda boring, but applied it is really gorgeous.

on 9/12/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great little blush for a great price. Very highly pigmented. Perfect for olive complexion. Only need to use a little. Lasts a long time on my skin. I just touch the blush with brush and tap on skin. I clean residue off brush with a tissue and buff it around. Never fails.

on 8/22/2016 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is scary, in a good way. How? Imagine your husband/boyfriend being all serious and telling you "Babe we need to talk". You watch him, you shiver and wait for the axe on your neck. Then he goes like "Surpriiiiiiise!" and hands you a gift you wanted for so long. That's more or less my wheel of emotions trying this one.
Don't get me wrong, I adore it. I bought it on a whim as it was in the sales box in one of my favourite drugstores, for 2 euros (I also got Heather Silk but I'm talking about it elsewhere). For 2 euros you really don't buy anything except, maybe, Essence or Wnw's polishes here. So, due to my new love for Wnw products, I had it without thinking twice.
Here comes the scary part. I wanted to use the little brush included in the box, as I usually do (you never know, sometimes the free brushes included in the product can be interesting), dabbed veeery delicately, and patted it on my smiling cheek. BOOM. It seemed I had a bizarre condition or a severe skin problem. My eyebrows raised to the ceiling. I'm totally aware Wnw is very generous in pigmentation, but how on earth do you explain this? I was so peachy orange it seemed I painted my face with you know that children colors they use at parties. I blended blended blended like crazy with the included brush but it ended in scratching (so, don't use it, it's pretty hard). So, I picked my Real tecniques sponge and dabbed dabbed dabbed and oooh. Problem solved. Divine results.

I was actually looking for something stronger than my usual Luminoso, as it fails to properly show up on my recently tanned skin. All my products are based on the 11 of 12 months when I'm pale and corpse looking. I don't really want to spend on darker colours but I got a product that really enhances the face and looks quite normal if properly blended. I guess it will last ages if the colour pay off is like this..

The packaging is meh as all the Wnw's, but who really cares. I still have to test this on the long run but surely won't betray me, so no needs to carry it around.

Cool! Well done!

on 9/20/2015 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This blush is fantastic for the price. Gives a very fresh just out from the cold look. It's very flattering and an easy every day blush. Its reminds me of Nars Dolce vita which is my HG blush.It's super cheap too. However unlike the nars, it's quite dusty and powdery in texture and the lasting power is not great. Also the packaging is super cheap, breakable plastic but you do get what you pay for. Great everyday blush otherwisen & quite pigmented!

on 6/27/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

So I purchased this blush because of the rave reviews I've seen online, and also because of the great price. I have been using Tarte's Amazonian clay blush ($26 at ULTA and Sephora), but was looking for a deep pink color for less money. I really enjoyed using this blush. It applied smoothly on foundation (not so much on bare skin), was a great berry color, and wore decently (5 hours or so). What turned me off was that the product broke after a road trip. It only chipped some, so I kept it. I regretted that after I realized it had soon coated everything in the case with pink powder. It further broke into pieces with one drop onto the counter once getting home, sealing its fate to the trash. I wanted to love this blush. I wanted it to be an inexpensive staple to my makeup, but it is not to be. I won't be purchasing any more powder items from this brand, as when I checked out the bronzers in store a few weeks ago a number of them were broken. I'd rather spend the money on a product that will last a long time and can travel and hold up to small drops. I'm glad some can enjoy the blush, but I can't get past the poor packaging of formulation (or whatever makes them so easily broken).

Popular Blush Products