MAC Matte Pigment - Clear Sky Blue

MAC Matte Pigment - Clear Sky Blue

3.7

on 10/14/2009 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I barely use this pigment, actually I remembered just yesterday that I owned it! It is way too pale of a blue : Barbie blue, not for me. I prefer using my other (darkest) blue then loosing time to pair this with some other colors in order to make something good... I am planning to press this pigment with another one (darker), see (test) what can come out of this...!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such a unique and beautiful shade... it's a matte light blue, somewhat similar to robin's egg blue. I love to pair it up with a deep purple on the lid... something about that combination is just so gorgeous together. When I first saw it, I thought it was interesting but unwearable. I was pleasantly surprised that I could actually pull it off. This one will definitely get you noticed in a good way.

on 4/19/2009 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful color, somewhat of a pain to work with. Be ready to work at learning to use this, other than that a gorgeous shade of blue. I suppose if I ever ran out of this I'd consider buying more but I guess with anything you'd have to like it pretty good in the first place to run out so of course it would get replaced right?

on 6/25/2008 8:10:00 PM

Mac Clear Sky Blue is awesome. I love Mattes, you can really get a different look with mattes. Bold yet subtle. (if that can happen) I like to get a little on my brush dry, then tap it onto the jar topper, then lightly wet my brush (lightly wet it) and then swirl it around in the pigment that i tapped onto the topper. It gets an almost pasty paint consistency and then goes on beautifully. When it dries the upper edge where you stop will blend out nicely with a light color or even just a clean dry brush. I like to use Landscape Green (also matte so it blends right in) on the outer edge and halfway in the crease and it looks rockin'.

I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered this pigment! This matte aqua color is very pretty in the pot, but not very usable if you are not a MU artist or a teen or someone who really likes bold and unusual looks. On a daily basis I am pretty conservative, I get a little bolder when I go out at night and sometimes I do crazy makeup just to take pictures and even then I find Clear Sky Blue a very difficult color. And I am not talking about how the pigment "behaves", I don't think it is so difficult to blend as some complain... I just think the color looks ugly on, on most skin colors, most of the time. I look at it and all I can remember is Mimi and Paris Hilton, even when paired with other colors (and it's hard to pair this baby, trust me).

on 4/7/2007 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My most fave mac products are pigments. This one is definately one of my faves. It does apply differently. It's a very pretty bright ocean blue matte pigment that doesn't apply as easy as the others. You have to press it on and blend it a little more. I was going to post a pic of how it looks myself, as Devingirl did. Hers looks terrific too.

Anyways here a pic and I used vaseline as a base, with mac royal wink fluidline and frostlite fluidline (both are excellent):

continued >>

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is my favorite MAC pigment! The color just *pops* in the most spectacular way. It's a bit tricky to get it right, but once you do...watch out! The effects that can be created are mesmerizing! Here's a look of mine:

If you're feeling a bit adventurous - give this a try!

continued >>

on 11/16/2006 5:08:00 PM

It is a bright Easter egg sky blue pigment. I only have one other blue eyeshadow & it too is a MAC pro color. I have laid it on thick & worn it to work & no one has ever batted an eye. The color is a really fun & usable color if you have cool undertones.

I adore bright colors, and have been looking for the perfect, not-so-sheer baby blue for quite awhile, and this did it for me. I like to layer it on good and blend with a shimmery silver shadow, and it comes out beautifully - can definitely make your eyes POP. The texture is a bit chunky, as other reviewers have said, but all you have to do is smoosh it around a bit and it works just fine. I think this will quickly become one of my faves.

e.D.i.T. ;; After using this colour for awhile, I have some new observations that while this shadow has incredible staying power, it's very difficult to blend with most anything. I still love it though. continued >>

on 1/28/2006 11:48:00 PM

i am a big fan of light blues, so this was a no-brainer purchase for me. the color is fantastic, and i like using it with the mixing medium to use as a eyeliner or use it to accent.. i get a lot of compliments when i use this color. the only problem is that it can be a little hard to blend w/ other colors at times.