The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask

The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask
Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Diglycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 4.

I am honestly so done with The body shop's skincare. The body shop markets themselves as a very natural and enviornmentally friendly company. However, their skincare always seems to be mediocre at best. Altough this is just my own personal view.
Lately I have gotten into kbeauty, or "korean beauty" and I nowadays have most of my skincare (besides my beloved clinique, dior etc) shipped all the way from asia to Sweden. Why? Because the western market often is rather expensive and disappointing.
This mask used to be one of my HG items when I first got into skincare and it was one of my earliest moisturizing creams and it is safe to say that I know this cream, I know how it applies, I know what it does for me personally and I am not super impressed. My feelings for this product is rather complicated because out of the entire Vitamin E line (I own the whole line besides the hydrating toner), this is the product I enjoyed the most. The nightcream was terrible with its strong smell, heavy feel and irritation. The "cream" was fine but not worth the money aswell as the facial oil. This mask had however an okey smell and moisturized without breaking me out. It is also possible to layer this mask on drier areas and go thinner of oilier areas. Also, do check out the ingredients list at cosdna: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_a84363865.html

This is an all over ok mask but I will not repurchase nor recommend this product to who wants a serious bang for their buck. I recommend you to check out for example CosRX, Benton, Innisfree or Missha as they cater to all kinds of skincare needs and I honestly feel like more people should know about them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really, really wanted to like this product because it left my skin so soft and moisturized the morning after. Unfortunately, it also left little red bumps on my eyelids and a couple large pimples on my cheek. The scent doesn't bother me as much as other reviewers. It kind of reminds me of baby lotion. Maybe it was just too much for my very oily, acne-prone skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Wish I had known about this page before I bought it. My skin is extremely dry and I regularly have patches of dryness on my face. Only lately have I actually been using a regime that suites. So I decided to treat myself to a mask. I presumed it was great and natural as it was the body shop. I'm so disappointed. I have used it twice and my skin is the worst it was in months. Stinging, red, patchy and flakey. I'll be staying clear of the body shop in future.

on 3/17/2016 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Very underrated product. It works wonders with my dry skin. I simply apply this 2-3 times a week in the evenings after I take off my make-up and massage it into my skin after 10 minutes. Then I have my sleep and I wake up with a soft moisturized skin :) I do have dry skin, but it is not too sensitive, so no problem with the ingredients at all. Highly recommended.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product has saved my winter dry, dehydrated skin. It's such a light texture (a gel-creme) and sinks right into my skin. I apply 2 thin layers of this as my morning moisturizer over my day serum. I am now able to wear foundation in the winter!

on 12/13/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wow, this brought me right back to the bad old days of the 90s, when everything irritated my skin, especially the "sensitive" products. Over the last few years, since I've been using gentle, mostly oil-based, simple products, my skin has been very calm and clear, and although it was previously diagnosed with rosacea, it barely reacts to anything, perhaps giving me an overly confident, careless approach to trying different products. As soon as I opened this up I had my doubts. It has an old-fashioned smell, and an odd gel consistency that I haven't seen in a long time. I had foolishly assumed that the Body Shop would have a fairly natural ingredient list, but this one is full of all sorts of bad stuff. It irritated my skin, leaving it still pinkish the next morning, and not seeming particularly hydrated. I don't know anyone who still uses Body Shop products and this helps to explain why. I should have checked here first.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

as many others have been saying I put this mask on and immediately had a burning sensation... I do have sensitive skin so when this happens I know something's not right. the mask turned my skin tomato red and completely dried out my skin leaving flaky patches! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!

I'm 22 with combination, dehydrated, blemish prone skin. This means that my skin produces enough oil but doesn't retain water. So it is pretty much parched all the time

I've just bought my second tub of this stuff and it really works wonders for my skin. My skin is not very sensitive so I have had no problems with stinging.

It has a gel consistency and is high in glycerin which means it is perfect for dehydrated skin.

I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin as there is not a lot of oil in this product. But its perfect for me as excess oil would break me out!

I use this as a day cream and sometimes as a mask. At night I add a couple drops of trilogy's rosehip oil which helps with my uneven skintone. My dehydrated skin drinks this up like its been waiting for a glass of water all its life! It may be sticky for a few minute if you apply too much but you can wipe up excess and establish the correct amount for your levels of dehydration! It is definitely not greasy if you use the right amount for you so its a perfect base for my foundation and my newly hydrated skin looks plump, healthy and thankful for the added hydration!

Overall this product is a must have for combo/oily/normal dehydrated (not dry) skin. It gives your face hydration and it evens out the red blotchiness and general parched feeling in your skin that is associated with dehydration!

I believe that the bad reviews are because this product is not for dry skin or dry and sensitive skin as the name may imply. My boyfriend has extremely dry skin and this stings his face. He uses Biodetma Atoderm and has worked for years on his skin!

I have very dry and sensitive skin and this mask sounded right up my street but I hated it and really would not recommend it to anyone.

The product is gel like in consistency and has a bit of a grandma perfume smells (I could live with the scent if the product delivered results).

As instructed I applied a layer on to my face and sat back to relax, almost immediately I felt my skin stinging and burning uncomfortably so removed it immediately. It left my skin very red and possibly drier than when I started. This product was promptly thrown in the bin!

I got a mini sample size of this mask to try it out.

First things first - my skin is very dry and dehydrated. I was also suffering from minor blemishes and things, so Vitamin E sounded like a very promising mask.

When you compare it to the other masks from the range, you can notice this one has more natural oils and some not-so-chemical ingredients like the rest. The consistency of this mask is very cream-like and actually feels a bit weird and not thick enough (I am used to my favorite masks such as Lush to be quite thick in texture). I did rinse it off, despite the description that said that I can leave the residue on.

My skin felt soft after I removed this mask but that was it. No following results, just like that - one day effect.

I also despise the scent of this product - it smells of an old soap or some grandma perfume. Not buying this mask again unless I have no other options.

If you need more thoughts on this and other face masks from the Body Shop, I leave a nice in-depth blog review below and hope it helps you guys somehow.