Essie apricot cuticle oil

3.9

Cottonseed Oil, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Polysorbate 81, Soy Bean Oil, Vitamin A Palmitate (A269), Vitamin E Acetate, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Collagen, D

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought it in July. I get frequent hangnails and peeling cuticles. It worked okay when it was warm. It never really nourished my cuticles. I felt as if it just softened temporarily then my skin was dry again. I also used it on my nails after taking off nail polish. It’s now in the 50s and below In NY and the skin around my nails are peeling like crazy despite using the oil at least 3 times a day, thick hand cream multiple times a day and using gloves for all cleaning jobs. I’ve even changed my hand soap to a very moisturizing formula. I’m a Nurse so I wash my hand frequently and peeling skin around my nails makes it very uncomfortable while working. I tossed the oil and filled the bottle with equal parts Jojoba oil and Vitamin E oil. I’m much happier with the results from that mixture. I would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product smells great but I haven't noticed a dramatic change in my cuticles since buying it but I will repurchase when I run out

It's okay. You can do just as well with some coconut oil that is a multipurpose product.

This stuff is just ok. It seems to get the job done, but it's not my new favorite thing.

I think I will probably use this at night before bed and keep using Solar Oil(my favorite) during the day, since this stuff seems to tinge my cuticles slightly orange. Nothing drastic, but still not a good look.

The smell to me is shampoo-ish.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the only cuticle oil I've used, so I can't compare it to others. I've been using it for a few weeks, and my cuticles always look nice and hydrated after the oil has absorbed, but as for long-term effects, I don't think it's improved anything. Smells pleasant though, so there's that.

Edit: Yeah, don't waste your money on this. It hasn't changed my cuticles' condition long-term whatsoever. I'm thinking of chucking my bottle because I have a better cuticle cream lined up (also, this experience has taught me that cuticle cream > oil maybe?)

This oil makes a real difference on my manicure regime. The first time I used it my friend (who is very exigent on such matters) thought I had gone to the salon. That had never happened before. Even my grandma remarked my hands looked better, and she doesn't even see very well!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not really convinced by this. It's not bad, but not great either and I'm not convinced this will perform better than any other oil applied regularly. I wouldn't be so disappointed if I enjoyed the smell which I don't, even if it is very subdued. I find it smells like cheap knock off fruity perfume. I won't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like this, it's easy to apply, and while it is an oil, it's not too greasy. I wouldn't say it's overly nourishing on the cuticles. A thick hand cream is probably better for that. But I also use it on my nails, when I have no nail polish on. I makes them look shiney, and I feel that it somehow nourishes my nail a bit. Better than normal nail strengtheners. I have done the same on my nails with baby oil, but this absords better.

And yes, I do love them smell. Sure, it's a chemical scent, but I love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This cuticle oil is nice smelling and easy to spread over the nail bed and cuticles. I find the oil a little thin, so what isn't absorbed right upon application doesn't do much good. I'd recommend a thicker, richer cuticle treatment for real impact - but this would be a fine quick fix.

First of all, this smells delicious! I probably use it just for the smell alone.

It makes my cuticles glow, which I love. It gives a nice hydrating look to my normally dry cuticles.

I have noticed that when I apply this oil daily, my cuticles don't split or peel as much.

My cuticles easily absorb it, and I also rub it into my skin just because I love the smell and it makes my skin soft without leaving a greasy feeling afterwards.

Popular Treatments