Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

4.2

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this ages ago at TJ Maxx. I don't reach for it often because it has a strong chemical scent to me. I like it for the first hour but after awhile it is cloyingly sweet

on 12/6/2013 10:29:00 PM

I like Gucci fragrances a lot. Some of them are not appropriate for wearing inside a more conservative workplace/office. This one is perfect for anytime though. It's quite a 'safe' fragrance but not simple.

This is one of those fragrances you will reach for daily heading out the door because it's so wearable wherever you are going to be. When I have bottles of this, I run them dry. There's numerous fragrances I adore, yet there's less than 10 that I will repeatedly empty bottles of - some because I use them sparingly for occasional use eg Alexander McQueen Kingdom, but others just because there's others I tend towards more. My Gucci bottles always end up used now that I think about it.

I like the heavy glass bottle and the pink perfume, it feels nice held and the 30ml is a good size for a bag. It is a heavy bottle to travel with otherwise.

It's got a whole lot of lovely layers (read other reviews for the notes) and it ends up being something of a clean, crisp, yet warm and slightly spicy, floral with just enough fruit to take the edge off the oriental notes and enough woody notes to take the edge off the lightly sweet notes, enough green to stop it being overly floral. Such a great description from moi just then but really it's a beautiful perfume that most women would like. I generally do not like very sweet, or very fruity fragrances and generally gourmand or baby powdery or candy smells make me think teen girl domain. This has just enough of each to be innocent and pretty without being too girly or tween. It is definitely more of a ladylike fragrance than a rock n roll edgy one, yet as it is with most Gucci perfumes, your personality gets to shine through, so wear what you like and be who you are and enjoy it.
This would be a safe gift to give girls, ladies, women of almost any age. It's one I find I'm happy wearing summer or winter, for me fragrance should bring joy when worn and make you feel happy and beautiful. Yes there'd are some clearly winter or summer fragrances, but this one can be worn year round.

on 12/31/2012 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Fresh fruity floral with a hint of spice (cassia?). Young but sophisticated. Perfect for summer.

on 10/19/2012 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

In love at a first sniff! - so I was around 10 years ago (purchased it in Brown Thomas in Cork, Ireland) to wear to work as I gor my 1st job, and was on cloud 9 for as long as the bottle lasted: this is really THE fragrance to make a woman feel that she is PERFECT: I felt so complete wearing this! The dominant blackberry shares the spotlight with a very tender jasmine, and indeed there's a fizzy-bubbly quality to it, so it has a "zing" even many hours later after the spritz, and just enough sugar to distinguish it from unisex, but less than required to place it right onto the "tacky stuff" shelf: the sweetness amount is juuuuuuust right! Coming off a little powdery at the start, it clears up and has only a tiny soapy shade, which is just enough to make one feel a minute-ago-out-of-the bubble-bath fresh; then there's a cool fresh surge of morning spring air! - this gave me personally such a mood lift everytime, despite quite a rocky patch in life I was going through back in those days. It also gives an incredible amount of confidence: what ingredient exactly that is - god knows, but as if by magic I would feel like I was a very self-established successfull businesswoman, who knows what she wants and will be respected and valued at all times, but will not give up her femininity even if she wants to "wear the pants" sometimes! This fragrance is indeed unique and is not like anything from the wide floral range available these days: one of a kind, therefore makes you feel even more special. And it is not a pink fragrance that is worn by every 15-year old on the block, it is indeed more raspberry-lilac coloured with a transparent cotton veil (the powdery aspect) and it sounds incredibly sophisticated on the skin after the drydown. I 100% agree with those who chose it or is considering choosing it as a wedding fragrance: it has this " fresh new start" feel about it. I actually loved the bottle and its heaviness and stability: for a "got-up-too-late-so-running-like-a-headless-chicken-around-the-house" type that I am it was a godsent, since I was deeeeeeply traumatized once by dropping a tiny round flakon and losing the whole contents of a VERY pricey scent on the carpet ( that persisted smelling for years thus reminding me of that black day of the year!). For those, who like to travel through life with their perfume in a handbag there's a perfect solution such as a 30ml version of it - probably designed especially for that purpose, so I really can't see an issue with usage comfort here. The big bottle looks veeeery refined without looking like an item from an apothecary ( I know,I know, there's a charm in that too, but not for this kind of scent imho). I have used up 1 big bottle (75ml) and a small one (30ml), and after years of playing with other scents I am ready to come home to this one - for warm seasons ( it is so full of spring that I cannot imagine this being worn in winter, when I am gasping for a cosy or sultry oriental). It used to be my day-and-night scent, but as an eveningwear it only go with a sleek bordering on minimalistic look: straight lines, minimum accessories , an impeccable hairdo (updo) and pastel colours - the effortless chic that is so hard to attain sometimes! I can see this being a very obvious "rich b**ch scent, at least it makes me feel that not only I am worth a million - I also have one!:) Since I don't, I will be roaming ebay pages in a search of a bargain, starting now!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

That's my favorite fragrance so far. Smell so good, not too strong, wear it almost everyday. Would for sure buy a other bottle when mine's done.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I would say that this is a very safe scent.. pretty and very light. If you are familiar with the hills, I am no trendsetter like Whitney who can rock anything, but more of a Lauren and Lo put together who are simpler, but still chic and fun. Nevertheless I find that this scent was way too simple. Plus the lasting power is horrible.

on 3/19/2009 6:20:00 PM

I really like the way this perfume smells its not too heavy or too sweet its just right.. now will i buy it? now thats another story. its a little pricey & right now how the economy is.. i think not!!! Lol!!

on 2/26/2008 4:19:00 AM

I am not a floral fun and fruity smells turn me off. But Gucci II has a spicy note at the begining which I like very much. It's also a soft floral, not a sickly sweet one. Very elegant, youthful and easily wearable for daytime. Unfortunately, I can't buy it since it doesn't last more than an hour on my skin and during this hour I'm the only one who can smell it on myself!!! But then, even Coco doesn't have the sillage I hoped on me. I hate it when I can't wear the perfumes I like because they tend to sink into my skin!

on 2/8/2008 12:39:00 PM

I really was not expecting to like this fragrance, because I am really picky when it comes to scents. In addition, I look for fragrances that are appropriate for work, and because I teach at a college, I will not be taken seriously if I smell like a flower or a cupcake. (I use foody type creams and sprays at bathtime, though...but the scent wears off by the next morning.) But when I saw the classy, chunky bottle this scent came in, I really, really wanted to like it. I love beautiful bottles, such as the bottle Chanel's Sensual Elixir comes in (another of my fave scents). Anyway, I am completely smitten with this perfume! On me, it has slight fruity and flowery notes but there is also a clean note to it that keeps it from being one of those ultra-girly, silly fragrances that make me want to run for cover when I am stuck, say, on an elevator with someone who is choking me in clouds of decaying flowers (and invariably wearing too much makeup and spike heels). According to Sephora.com, this perfume has notes of mandarin, blackcurrant, violet, and blackberry, mixed with jasmine, heliotrope, and cedarwood. I am not sure which of these is the lovely light clean note I smell, but at any rate, it all works together beautifully.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

One of my favourite scents - very fresh, a bit fruity and sweet. I use this most out of all my other perfumes because I love it so much!