Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

4.1

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

on 2/11/2019 6:42:00 AM

I find this perfume very interesting. When I first spray it I can smell a distinct spicy peppery note, then it dries down to a clean almost green floral scent with a little sweetness. To me the floral element smells like the leaves of the flowers more so than the flower itself if that makes sense. The black current comes out after the fragrance has dried down completely and it settles into my skin. I really love this fragrance. For such a clean scent it has pretty good staying power as well. I could still smell it on my skin after 7 hours. I wish they made a bigger bottle than the 1.6 ounce. I can’t find anything larger online. Other than that, it’s a winner.

on 1/26/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This perfume has a very nostalgic quality for me. It was the first high-end perfume that I smelled that I absolutely fell in love with. It was 2005 and I was a junior in high school. I immediately asked my mom to get it for me for my birthday which, she did. It was one of my most prized possessions for a long time. I think what I love most about it is its softness. It is very soft, yet sexy and pretty at the same time. Although it's a fruity-floral scent it is grounded by the woody note of cedar, giving it a very unique quality. Nothing else smells like it.

To me this perfume speaks to the fashion and beauty trends of the times, between the early 00's-late 00's. It's very understated, modest, and minimalistic. Yet, it's also very chic, sensual, and feminine. It was released in 2004. Unfortunately Gucci decided to discontinue it along with many other fragrances such as their Envy Me and Rush lines. This has made me so frustrated since I can't find anything else that smells like it, and I really don't like any of Gucci's current fragrances either. Although I know you can still find this at Sephora and some other places, it's just not the same anymore.

My most recent bottle that I purchased doesn't last 30 minutes on my skin. I don't know what it is, has my body chemistry changed, did I get a bad bottle, or did Gucci not make their latest bottles to be of very good quality since they were doing away with the fragrance anyways? I seem to recall this lasting six or so hours on me back when I first got it in 2005. Now, I do a few good sprays on my wrists, inside my elbows, my collarbone, behind my ears, and the smell completely disappears within an hour! And I know it's not just me, I asked my mom if she can smell any fragrance on me and she had to stick her nose up to my skin to get just a slight whiff of it and she was like, "barely." It's so devastating because I really wanted this to be my signature fragrance for the rest of my life. But what's the point if the smell doesn't stay on my skin and it may not be around anymore after a few years? Not to sound too melodramatic, but I think it's time move on.

Recently during my hunt to find a new fragrance that smells similar to this one I came across Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret. I'm not claiming it smells the same by any means, but it does evoke a similar sensation in me that Gucci II does. It's soft, sexy, fresh, fruity and woody. Although I think Givenchy is amped up more and the freshness and sexiness. I suppose it's a more modern and mature fragrance, better suited to who I am now. Not to mention it lasts hours on my skin and it's absolutely addicting! I may be making this one my new "signature."

So, although Gucci II is a beautiful fragrance and I will always cherish it, I cannot say that I would recommend it if you want something that's long lasting.

on 8/18/2011 5:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

a spicy, peppery floral...not at all fruity-girlie-pink stuff!!!
Begins with a soft note of orange and black currant (to my nose) with a beautiful kick of jasmine, cedar and pappery blackberry....Heliotrope gives such a comfy sweetness to the composition and makes it very unique and wearable...
due to the atmosphere and olphatctory family it is simmilar to Perles de lalique by Lalique and somewhat Elle by YSL..
longievity is very good, and after a while ,the drydown leaves us with the beautiful combo of blackberry cedar...
great for all occasions:)

on 5/17/2011 9:52:00 AM

This is my No.1 for evening wear! It has a very strong, long staying smell. I always like trying new parfumes, but this one is always in my closet, I repurchase it all the time. Quite expensive, but worth every penny!.

AAH!! OMG I love this fragrance so much. I tried it on at the dept. store and was still able to smell a trace of it the next morning! It smells great on me. Love it. This is the *only* scent I have ever been complimented on. Seriously.

on 7/27/2010 1:50:00 PM

I really love this fragrance. Its the first one i bought in years and I just love how it smells on me. Its a very light perfume and it starts a bit flat powdery, floral on me. What I love about this one is that it changes through the day into a deeper, sweeter scent without being heavy at all.
It has a great staying power on me too, and I would recommand this as a day perfume because its so light and transparant.
For me its a very floral scent and on times it even smells more 'green' to me, but it changes after a while.
So, the downsides on this product is the price, here its pretty expensive compared to other perfumes and the bottle is very nice, just love it, but not very practical to take it along with me.
Overall a lovely smell and would buy it again.

Its a safe fresh pretty floral. I always associated "muted pink "to it.
I bought it mainly because my boyfriend has bought the blue bottled homme and their smell make a great pair! I actually like his more than mine. I'm still looking for a frangrance that smells more classic and sleek and with more depth.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

EXOTIC! It's sweet, yet a little musky, and has a fresh/citrus-y scent! I LOVE IT! It's sort of old lady-ish in a way, therefore I only wear this on like a elegant occasion.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is absolutely the best smelling perfume the market has to offer. I admit, I am very picky about fragrances because I tend to get headaches quite easily, but I can not get enough of this delicious aroma. :) It is on the fruity side as opposed to a musk and the bottle is quite sturdy. Its approx. 50 bucks which isn't ridiculous considering its Gucci. I highly recommend!

on 3/21/2008 1:55:00 AM