Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

on 1/26/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This perfume has a very nostalgic quality for me. It was the first high-end perfume that I smelled that I absolutely fell in love with. It was 2005 and I was a junior in high school. I immediately asked my mom to get it for me for my birthday which, she did. It was one of my most prized possessions for a long time. I think what I love most about it is its softness. It is very soft, yet sexy and pretty at the same time. Although it's a fruity-floral scent it is grounded by the woody note of cedar, giving it a very unique quality. Nothing else smells like it.

To me this perfume speaks to the fashion and beauty trends of the times, between the early 00's-late 00's. It's very understated, modest, and minimalistic. Yet, it's also very chic, sensual, and feminine. It was released in 2004. Unfortunately Gucci decided to discontinue it along with many other fragrances such as their Envy Me and Rush lines. This has made me so frustrated since I can't find anything else that smells like it, and I really don't like any of Gucci's current fragrances either. Although I know you can still find this at Sephora and some other places, it's just not the same anymore.

My most recent bottle that I purchased doesn't last 30 minutes on my skin. I don't know what it is, has my body chemistry changed, did I get a bad bottle, or did Gucci not make their latest bottles to be of very good quality since they were doing away with the fragrance anyways? I seem to recall this lasting six or so hours on me back when I first got it in 2005. Now, I do a few good sprays on my wrists, inside my elbows, my collarbone, behind my ears, and the smell completely disappears within an hour! And I know it's not just me, I asked my mom if she can smell any fragrance on me and she had to stick her nose up to my skin to get just a slight whiff of it and she was like, "barely." It's so devastating because I really wanted this to be my signature fragrance for the rest of my life. But what's the point if the smell doesn't stay on my skin and it may not be around anymore after a few years? Not to sound too melodramatic, but I think it's time move on.

Recently during my hunt to find a new fragrance that smells similar to this one I came across Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret. I'm not claiming it smells the same by any means, but it does evoke a similar sensation in me that Gucci II does. It's soft, sexy, fresh, fruity and woody. Although I think Givenchy is amped up more and the freshness and sexiness. I suppose it's a more modern and mature fragrance, better suited to who I am now. Not to mention it lasts hours on my skin and it's absolutely addicting! I may be making this one my new "signature."

So, although Gucci II is a beautiful fragrance and I will always cherish it, I cannot say that I would recommend it if you want something that's long lasting.

on 11/18/2016 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Why the high praises?

I have a good nose but no expertise. That doesn't change the fact that this perfume is a total bummer. It smells like a cheap hooker. Lots of vague berry that is lightly fermented and then a BANG of pure alcohol (not the consumable kind) Just bad bad bad. Like a very expensive, I-think-I'm-better-than-I-am Victoria's Secret fragrance only VS has some decent picks! To add insult it's bloody expensive and has poor sillage! Oy with the poodles already! Stay away if youre a snob like me ;)

on 12/6/2013 10:29:00 PM

I like Gucci fragrances a lot. Some of them are not appropriate for wearing inside a more conservative workplace/office. This one is perfect for anytime though. It's quite a 'safe' fragrance but not simple.

This is one of those fragrances you will reach for daily heading out the door because it's so wearable wherever you are going to be. When I have bottles of this, I run them dry. There's numerous fragrances I adore, yet there's less than 10 that I will repeatedly empty bottles of - some because I use them sparingly for occasional use eg Alexander McQueen Kingdom, but others just because there's others I tend towards more. My Gucci bottles always end up used now that I think about it.

I like the heavy glass bottle and the pink perfume, it feels nice held and the 30ml is a good size for a bag. It is a heavy bottle to travel with otherwise.

It's got a whole lot of lovely layers (read other reviews for the notes) and it ends up being something of a clean, crisp, yet warm and slightly spicy, floral with just enough fruit to take the edge off the oriental notes and enough woody notes to take the edge off the lightly sweet notes, enough green to stop it being overly floral. Such a great description from moi just then but really it's a beautiful perfume that most women would like. I generally do not like very sweet, or very fruity fragrances and generally gourmand or baby powdery or candy smells make me think teen girl domain. This has just enough of each to be innocent and pretty without being too girly or tween. It is definitely more of a ladylike fragrance than a rock n roll edgy one, yet as it is with most Gucci perfumes, your personality gets to shine through, so wear what you like and be who you are and enjoy it.
This would be a safe gift to give girls, ladies, women of almost any age. It's one I find I'm happy wearing summer or winter, for me fragrance should bring joy when worn and make you feel happy and beautiful. Yes there'd are some clearly winter or summer fragrances, but this one can be worn year round.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Today I received my gucci I ordered a couple so if you see me posting today I'm sorry but let's start about packaging amazing super heavy lol amazing bottle comes with a round top and has a good heavy weight to it spraying on my wrists it kind. Of took me 9times to make the pump Squirt once I got the perfume squirt I smelled orange not artificial orange none of that I smelled orange zest orange practicly then the middle notes appear light faded scent of grapefruit not strong but compliments beautiful with orange and a oak woodsy smell it's amazing different but once it smell and settle for half a hour don't put your nose to close about a inch away you'll smell it all then you no if you love it other than great perfume last long even after I washed my hand

on 8/18/2011 5:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

a spicy, peppery floral...not at all fruity-girlie-pink stuff!!!
Begins with a soft note of orange and black currant (to my nose) with a beautiful kick of jasmine, cedar and pappery blackberry....Heliotrope gives such a comfy sweetness to the composition and makes it very unique and wearable...
due to the atmosphere and olphatctory family it is simmilar to Perles de lalique by Lalique and somewhat Elle by YSL..
longievity is very good, and after a while ,the drydown leaves us with the beautiful combo of blackberry cedar...
great for all occasions:)

AAH!! OMG I love this fragrance so much. I tried it on at the dept. store and was still able to smell a trace of it the next morning! It smells great on me. Love it. This is the *only* scent I have ever been complimented on. Seriously.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

That's my favorite fragrance so far. Smell so good, not too strong, wear it almost everyday. Would for sure buy a other bottle when mine's done.

I love very much this and Gucci rush 2. They are floral, fresh.especially for fair or fair medium skin tons.Highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

this scent is a little spicy, quite strong, a little is enough to last all day and as it wear off, it smells sweeter and rosy, lovely.

on 7/27/2010 1:50:00 PM

I really love this fragrance. Its the first one i bought in years and I just love how it smells on me. Its a very light perfume and it starts a bit flat powdery, floral on me. What I love about this one is that it changes through the day into a deeper, sweeter scent without being heavy at all.
It has a great staying power on me too, and I would recommand this as a day perfume because its so light and transparant.
For me its a very floral scent and on times it even smells more 'green' to me, but it changes after a while.
So, the downsides on this product is the price, here its pretty expensive compared to other perfumes and the bottle is very nice, just love it, but not very practical to take it along with me.
Overall a lovely smell and would buy it again.