Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

4.3

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

on 10/19/2012 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

In love at a first sniff! - so I was around 10 years ago (purchased it in Brown Thomas in Cork, Ireland) to wear to work as I gor my 1st job, and was on cloud 9 for as long as the bottle lasted: this is really THE fragrance to make a woman feel that she is PERFECT: I felt so complete wearing this! The dominant blackberry shares the spotlight with a very tender jasmine, and indeed there's a fizzy-bubbly quality to it, so it has a "zing" even many hours later after the spritz, and just enough sugar to distinguish it from unisex, but less than required to place it right onto the "tacky stuff" shelf: the sweetness amount is juuuuuuust right! Coming off a little powdery at the start, it clears up and has only a tiny soapy shade, which is just enough to make one feel a minute-ago-out-of-the bubble-bath fresh; then there's a cool fresh surge of morning spring air! - this gave me personally such a mood lift everytime, despite quite a rocky patch in life I was going through back in those days. It also gives an incredible amount of confidence: what ingredient exactly that is - god knows, but as if by magic I would feel like I was a very self-established successfull businesswoman, who knows what she wants and will be respected and valued at all times, but will not give up her femininity even if she wants to "wear the pants" sometimes! This fragrance is indeed unique and is not like anything from the wide floral range available these days: one of a kind, therefore makes you feel even more special. And it is not a pink fragrance that is worn by every 15-year old on the block, it is indeed more raspberry-lilac coloured with a transparent cotton veil (the powdery aspect) and it sounds incredibly sophisticated on the skin after the drydown. I 100% agree with those who chose it or is considering choosing it as a wedding fragrance: it has this " fresh new start" feel about it. I actually loved the bottle and its heaviness and stability: for a "got-up-too-late-so-running-like-a-headless-chicken-around-the-house" type that I am it was a godsent, since I was deeeeeeply traumatized once by dropping a tiny round flakon and losing the whole contents of a VERY pricey scent on the carpet ( that persisted smelling for years thus reminding me of that black day of the year!). For those, who like to travel through life with their perfume in a handbag there's a perfect solution such as a 30ml version of it - probably designed especially for that purpose, so I really can't see an issue with usage comfort here. The big bottle looks veeeery refined without looking like an item from an apothecary ( I know,I know, there's a charm in that too, but not for this kind of scent imho). I have used up 1 big bottle (75ml) and a small one (30ml), and after years of playing with other scents I am ready to come home to this one - for warm seasons ( it is so full of spring that I cannot imagine this being worn in winter, when I am gasping for a cosy or sultry oriental). It used to be my day-and-night scent, but as an eveningwear it only go with a sleek bordering on minimalistic look: straight lines, minimum accessories , an impeccable hairdo (updo) and pastel colours - the effortless chic that is so hard to attain sometimes! I can see this being a very obvious "rich b**ch scent, at least it makes me feel that not only I am worth a million - I also have one!:) Since I don't, I will be roaming ebay pages in a search of a bargain, starting now!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

not only will i buy this again, i'm stocking up on it! This is my new signature fragrance -- for years it was Marc Jacobs, then Miss Dior Cherie, now Gucci II. I'ts so different from other fragrances -- the peppery bottom note is so warm, but it's a killer floral with some spice. It's a mature scent, to me, and i think it really works with my body chemistry. I wore it outthis weekend and every asked me what i was wearing (in a good way, not like "what the hell is that stench?!?!?".....). My only complaint is the packaging. I adore sleek, convenient packaging, but this is heavy and clunky --but still pretty, because the pink liquid shows through :) Oh, and they haven't put out a purse spray yet, which is something i really really want.........

UPDATE #1: Well, Sephora says that the 1 oz. size is the purse spray -- but i still think the bottle is too clunky for my purse. well, maybe i can put it in the large makeup bag (yes, i carry two......)

UPDATE #2:this is about 2 weeks later, i swapped for a 1.7 oz. bottle with a lovley MUA'er, and my previous complaints about the packaging are completley void now -- the 1.7 oz. bottle is HUGE and unbelievably cumbersome. The 1 oz. bottle looks absoultely petite in comparison!!! doesn't affect my review, just thought i'd share :)

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is very interesting scent. Memorable. But I donīt like it that much. I thought this would be more fruity, but no - this is SMOKY!!! Its smell also reminds me of some lemonade or tea, very stange!!!

Popular Fragrances