Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

4.3

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

on 2/11/2019 6:42:00 AM

I find this perfume very interesting. When I first spray it I can smell a distinct spicy peppery note, then it dries down to a clean almost green floral scent with a little sweetness. To me the floral element smells like the leaves of the flowers more so than the flower itself if that makes sense. The black current comes out after the fragrance has dried down completely and it settles into my skin. I really love this fragrance. For such a clean scent it has pretty good staying power as well. I could still smell it on my skin after 7 hours. I wish they made a bigger bottle than the 1.6 ounce. I can’t find anything larger online. Other than that, it’s a winner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this ages ago at TJ Maxx. I don't reach for it often because it has a strong chemical scent to me. I like it for the first hour but after awhile it is cloyingly sweet

on 3/2/2015 10:48:00 PM

I didn't think I would like this very much... (I've worn only Michael Kors for years now) but after trying it in sephora I went home and ordered the purse spray on Amazon (the regular bottle is just stupid big and heavy). Gucci ii is a very inviting, fresh scent ... I wear it all the time now. It's not strong or offensive at all, people will just notice how wonderful you smell. My daughter is 3 and asks to put it on every day.. it's a very ahh addicting smell :) There is a slight tinge of berry when I first spray it but to me it mostly smells crisp, cool... like springtime. & i can't be the only one longing for spring at this point? :) Supposedly it's discontinued (of course) so it looks like I'm not getting another $35 bottle on Amazon anytime soon .. And I need it bc my princess will be upset when we run out!

on 5/22/2013 6:59:00 PM

This was the first gift my husband ever bought me. The cedar grounds this sparkling berry scent nicely & keeps it from going into teen girl scent territory. I couldn't figure out for a long time what the grounding note was, but it finally hit me that it's cedar.

on 10/19/2012 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

In love at a first sniff! - so I was around 10 years ago (purchased it in Brown Thomas in Cork, Ireland) to wear to work as I gor my 1st job, and was on cloud 9 for as long as the bottle lasted: this is really THE fragrance to make a woman feel that she is PERFECT: I felt so complete wearing this! The dominant blackberry shares the spotlight with a very tender jasmine, and indeed there's a fizzy-bubbly quality to it, so it has a "zing" even many hours later after the spritz, and just enough sugar to distinguish it from unisex, but less than required to place it right onto the "tacky stuff" shelf: the sweetness amount is juuuuuuust right! Coming off a little powdery at the start, it clears up and has only a tiny soapy shade, which is just enough to make one feel a minute-ago-out-of-the bubble-bath fresh; then there's a cool fresh surge of morning spring air! - this gave me personally such a mood lift everytime, despite quite a rocky patch in life I was going through back in those days. It also gives an incredible amount of confidence: what ingredient exactly that is - god knows, but as if by magic I would feel like I was a very self-established successfull businesswoman, who knows what she wants and will be respected and valued at all times, but will not give up her femininity even if she wants to "wear the pants" sometimes! This fragrance is indeed unique and is not like anything from the wide floral range available these days: one of a kind, therefore makes you feel even more special. And it is not a pink fragrance that is worn by every 15-year old on the block, it is indeed more raspberry-lilac coloured with a transparent cotton veil (the powdery aspect) and it sounds incredibly sophisticated on the skin after the drydown. I 100% agree with those who chose it or is considering choosing it as a wedding fragrance: it has this " fresh new start" feel about it. I actually loved the bottle and its heaviness and stability: for a "got-up-too-late-so-running-like-a-headless-chicken-around-the-house" type that I am it was a godsent, since I was deeeeeeply traumatized once by dropping a tiny round flakon and losing the whole contents of a VERY pricey scent on the carpet ( that persisted smelling for years thus reminding me of that black day of the year!). For those, who like to travel through life with their perfume in a handbag there's a perfect solution such as a 30ml version of it - probably designed especially for that purpose, so I really can't see an issue with usage comfort here. The big bottle looks veeeery refined without looking like an item from an apothecary ( I know,I know, there's a charm in that too, but not for this kind of scent imho). I have used up 1 big bottle (75ml) and a small one (30ml), and after years of playing with other scents I am ready to come home to this one - for warm seasons ( it is so full of spring that I cannot imagine this being worn in winter, when I am gasping for a cosy or sultry oriental). It used to be my day-and-night scent, but as an eveningwear it only go with a sleek bordering on minimalistic look: straight lines, minimum accessories , an impeccable hairdo (updo) and pastel colours - the effortless chic that is so hard to attain sometimes! I can see this being a very obvious "rich b**ch scent, at least it makes me feel that not only I am worth a million - I also have one!:) Since I don't, I will be roaming ebay pages in a search of a bargain, starting now!

on 9/19/2012 3:59:00 AM

Mmm... My all time fav!! Feminine, intriguing, and light. :)

on 5/17/2011 9:52:00 AM

This is my No.1 for evening wear! It has a very strong, long staying smell. I always like trying new parfumes, but this one is always in my closet, I repurchase it all the time. Quite expensive, but worth every penny!.

My aunt gave me this perfume when I was 15 and I fell in love with it and actually probably used too much too quickly and ran out pretty fast. I have been waiting 3 years for my chance to get it again and bought it just a few days ago. still love it- i would describe the smell as spicy, musky, sweet, sharp, and a little bit floral. I also have Gucci Rush II and although I love it- this perfume is my all-time favorite. When you first smell it, it seems a bit odd because it's one-of-a-kind (I have never smelled another perfume like it), but it has a kind of delicious scent that makes you want to smell it more. I would recommend this to anyone.

on 12/19/2010 2:22:00 PM

At the moment this is my favourite expensive perfume cos i'm only in my early twenties and i want to have a young yet sophicated, femimine, fruity fresh smell. I consider it more of a daytime signature smell and its not too girly-its the kinda smell a young fashinable catwalk model would wear. The packaging is beautifully minimalist with its glass paper weight style bottle however it is very heavy, especially if you buy the more economical larger bottles which can only really sit on your dressing table. This is expensive!! But the smell does stay on my clothes for a few days after wearing, so the smell doesn't just disappear! I've been repeatly buying it for about 4 years now, so its my signature smell, but in the next couple of years thinking i'll replace it with Dior Addict!

on 12/3/2010 8:53:00 PM

This is my favourite perfume, and I can't imagine wearing anything else. I've worn it for years, and it makes other people say I smell amazing, but - more importantly - I love the smell so much I put it on when it's just me! I'm not a girly girl, but this is just right: clean, sweet but not sickly, totally addictive. And the bottle is fabulous (although crap for travelling, obviously: it's solid glass). Seriously expensive, but perfume is the one thing I refuse to scrimp on. You can smell the difference!!

Cannot rate it highly enough, but - as other commenters have said - perfume is different for every skin and every personality: my sister tried it on and it didn't suit her at all.

For me, perfect.