Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

4.1

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

on 11/18/2016 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Why the high praises?

I have a good nose but no expertise. That doesn't change the fact that this perfume is a total bummer. It smells like a cheap hooker. Lots of vague berry that is lightly fermented and then a BANG of pure alcohol (not the consumable kind) Just bad bad bad. Like a very expensive, I-think-I'm-better-than-I-am Victoria's Secret fragrance only VS has some decent picks! To add insult it's bloody expensive and has poor sillage! Oy with the poodles already! Stay away if youre a snob like me ;)

on 8/8/2006 9:53:00 AM

HATED this. the bouquet makes me want to be physically sick: i can't believe they've sullied the beautiful image that was created with gucci eau de parfum!

on 7/16/2005 5:04:00 PM

No, I can't stand this. I don't know why I hate it so much, maybe it doesn't agree with me? It is so strong, it actually makes me sick. Too much flowers and fruits in one bottle. I usually likes florals but this one...sweet, sickening, something almost rotten to it. I believe it is the black currant (top note) and the blackberry (middle). Together with the violet it is unbearable!! And at the same time there's a crisp note that just makes it worse! I usually like Gucci, especially Rush and Gucci edp, so this was a huge disappointment. Experienced the same thing with Rush 2. Their sequels are always sickening...!

on 5/17/2005 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

In my humble opinion, this smells of raspberry soap, but not in the fresh, summery way. No, this is sharp, clingy, makes my nose hurt and gives me nausea. There might be some ingredient in this fragrance that I'm sensitive to, but it's rare that I have strong reactions in a negative way like this to a scent. Worst part: I can't even wash it off! Three scrubbings later, and it's still there! Save me!

on 12/17/2004 12:31:00 PM

I was attracted by the beautyful bottle design, so I tried it. Like the fashion itself there is something callgirl-like in this scent. But it is not a callgirl or curtisane of the belle-epoque, that wears "Tabac blond". It is more like a blond, anorexic chick that hardly finished high-school. Gucci II is a very ordinary scent and I really wonder why this is so successful. The scent is fruity, sweet, floral but in a very forgettable way. It attracts the attention of the client in the first 15 minutes and then drys down in a sweet-sour nothing.

on 12/27/2003 9:15:00 PM

The box was beautiful, the bottle gorgeous, loved the color of the pink fluid, however, the scent smelled like fermented grapefruit on me.

on 12/25/2005 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I was disappointed with this one. Based on the notes, I thought this would be something more fruity. All I got from it was spicy pepper. Even after the pepper started to fade, I barely got any of the blackberry I so wanted. I do agree with others that this is quite unmemorable. There are much better scents like it out there.

on 10/2/2005 11:26:00 PM

I wore this fragrance exclusively for about a year. Though I use to love it, it now seems like flowery pinesol.

on 9/20/2005 2:27:00 PM

Can't say that I liked this. Contrary to most of the ladies on the board, I happened to love the initial peppery note. After about 10 mins. or so, the pepper subsided. Then the manadarin and orange developed. That gave me a major headache. It must be my chemistry. The blackberry note was nice, not too bold. I'm upset that I didn't like this more. I usually love Gucci perfumes. Oh well. I'll try it again in winter. I might like it more then.

on 9/19/2005 11:15:00 PM

Thanks to a fellow, lovely, MUA'er recommendation, I tried this on tonight on my way home from work. At first, I was a bit sad because I got the peppery-ness that others have noted in their reviews. But the longer it stayed on my skin, the better it got. I really like the blackberry note! It smells so girly, clean, and flirty...but also manages to be sophisticated and softly feminine too. :) Must be the Gucci association in my mind! I've always loved the bottle to this, but when I once tried it on a piece of paper, I was appalled. So please DO try this on your skin and let it settle in. I'll probably be ordering this tomorrow!
EDITED 5/3/06: Couldn't stand the opening peppery notes - gave my bottle away. The drydown is great though, esp. if you like blackberry.