Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

4.1

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

I got this at Marshalls for $30 unsniffed. 1.7 oz. Someone said "safe" and I agree, but it is a very good "safe". I like it and enjoy it. It is sweet, i would even say it is a gourmand but it isnt TOO foodish, More candyish. I think all ages and occasions would fair well with this but it may slightly veer into the younger set, to my mind, with the candyish sweetness. I only wear this when I normally wouldnt wear a scent or dont want to appear too sexy or sophisticated. I wear it when I just want to smell nice. I put it in my hair and my boyfriend (who, by the bye, only likes "L" by lolita lempicka) said my shampoo smelled really good. So now that is what it reminds me of, really good shampoo! Lasts quite a while in the hair. This really reminds me of "Babydoll" by YSL, but without the citrus and overall, this is much better for me. NOT worth $70 and even if I found it again for $30 I wouldnt repurchase. My new frag rule is I have to be compelled to sniff my wrists all day to spend money on or repurchase a scent. Oh, and the bottle is nice and simple but too heavy. The light pink juice is a pretty touch.

on 10/19/2012 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

In love at a first sniff! - so I was around 10 years ago (purchased it in Brown Thomas in Cork, Ireland) to wear to work as I gor my 1st job, and was on cloud 9 for as long as the bottle lasted: this is really THE fragrance to make a woman feel that she is PERFECT: I felt so complete wearing this! The dominant blackberry shares the spotlight with a very tender jasmine, and indeed there's a fizzy-bubbly quality to it, so it has a "zing" even many hours later after the spritz, and just enough sugar to distinguish it from unisex, but less than required to place it right onto the "tacky stuff" shelf: the sweetness amount is juuuuuuust right! Coming off a little powdery at the start, it clears up and has only a tiny soapy shade, which is just enough to make one feel a minute-ago-out-of-the bubble-bath fresh; then there's a cool fresh surge of morning spring air! - this gave me personally such a mood lift everytime, despite quite a rocky patch in life I was going through back in those days. It also gives an incredible amount of confidence: what ingredient exactly that is - god knows, but as if by magic I would feel like I was a very self-established successfull businesswoman, who knows what she wants and will be respected and valued at all times, but will not give up her femininity even if she wants to "wear the pants" sometimes! This fragrance is indeed unique and is not like anything from the wide floral range available these days: one of a kind, therefore makes you feel even more special. And it is not a pink fragrance that is worn by every 15-year old on the block, it is indeed more raspberry-lilac coloured with a transparent cotton veil (the powdery aspect) and it sounds incredibly sophisticated on the skin after the drydown. I 100% agree with those who chose it or is considering choosing it as a wedding fragrance: it has this " fresh new start" feel about it. I actually loved the bottle and its heaviness and stability: for a "got-up-too-late-so-running-like-a-headless-chicken-around-the-house" type that I am it was a godsent, since I was deeeeeeply traumatized once by dropping a tiny round flakon and losing the whole contents of a VERY pricey scent on the carpet ( that persisted smelling for years thus reminding me of that black day of the year!). For those, who like to travel through life with their perfume in a handbag there's a perfect solution such as a 30ml version of it - probably designed especially for that purpose, so I really can't see an issue with usage comfort here. The big bottle looks veeeery refined without looking like an item from an apothecary ( I know,I know, there's a charm in that too, but not for this kind of scent imho). I have used up 1 big bottle (75ml) and a small one (30ml), and after years of playing with other scents I am ready to come home to this one - for warm seasons ( it is so full of spring that I cannot imagine this being worn in winter, when I am gasping for a cosy or sultry oriental). It used to be my day-and-night scent, but as an eveningwear it only go with a sleek bordering on minimalistic look: straight lines, minimum accessories , an impeccable hairdo (updo) and pastel colours - the effortless chic that is so hard to attain sometimes! I can see this being a very obvious "rich b**ch scent, at least it makes me feel that not only I am worth a million - I also have one!:) Since I don't, I will be roaming ebay pages in a search of a bargain, starting now!

on 2/8/2008 12:39:00 PM

I really was not expecting to like this fragrance, because I am really picky when it comes to scents. In addition, I look for fragrances that are appropriate for work, and because I teach at a college, I will not be taken seriously if I smell like a flower or a cupcake. (I use foody type creams and sprays at bathtime, though...but the scent wears off by the next morning.) But when I saw the classy, chunky bottle this scent came in, I really, really wanted to like it. I love beautiful bottles, such as the bottle Chanel's Sensual Elixir comes in (another of my fave scents). Anyway, I am completely smitten with this perfume! On me, it has slight fruity and flowery notes but there is also a clean note to it that keeps it from being one of those ultra-girly, silly fragrances that make me want to run for cover when I am stuck, say, on an elevator with someone who is choking me in clouds of decaying flowers (and invariably wearing too much makeup and spike heels). According to Sephora.com, this perfume has notes of mandarin, blackcurrant, violet, and blackberry, mixed with jasmine, heliotrope, and cedarwood. I am not sure which of these is the lovely light clean note I smell, but at any rate, it all works together beautifully.

on 11/18/2016 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Why the high praises?

I have a good nose but no expertise. That doesn't change the fact that this perfume is a total bummer. It smells like a cheap hooker. Lots of vague berry that is lightly fermented and then a BANG of pure alcohol (not the consumable kind) Just bad bad bad. Like a very expensive, I-think-I'm-better-than-I-am Victoria's Secret fragrance only VS has some decent picks! To add insult it's bloody expensive and has poor sillage! Oy with the poodles already! Stay away if youre a snob like me ;)

on 5/5/2012 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This fragrance is utterly exquisite. The official notes include mandarin, blackcurrant, violet, and blackberry, smoothed with jasmine, heliotrope, and cedarwood.The unusual mix of woody/fruity/floral notes make this a very interesting fragrance that my nose can never quite "figure out". Trying to pinpoint it is like chasing the end of a rainbow. It's a very earthy, woody aroma with a soft fruity-floral contrast. This fragrance is delicate, sparkling, classy, elegant and extremely feminine. It wears beautifully anytime, anywhere. It could be worn to work, the beach or an evening out. I have been wearing this fragrance since it was launched (approx 8 years ago) and I love it more with every passing year.

on 5/30/2010 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Fragrance is a personal thing and what smells great on one person can smell like shoe polish on another person. I didnt realize how great this smells on me until people would hug me and say - you smell wonderful!
This is the only fragrance I own that people react this way to. Its a light fragrance on me and once I have applied it, I don't smell it on myself. It very pretty and feminine. I also have the lotion which I like very much.

One of the most under-rated perfumes around! It never fails to amaze me how people haven't heard of this. It's loaded with violet and berries, but it's not so syrupy-sweet that someone over 20 would feel ridiculous wearing it. This scent definately can be worn by any age. It's very unique, and the staying power is pretty decent. This is appropriate for any occasion, too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is absolutely the best smelling perfume the market has to offer. I admit, I am very picky about fragrances because I tend to get headaches quite easily, but I can not get enough of this delicious aroma. :) It is on the fruity side as opposed to a musk and the bottle is quite sturdy. Its approx. 50 bucks which isn't ridiculous considering its Gucci. I highly recommend!

on 10/2/2008 8:25:00 PM

Wow! I received a sample of this scent today from Sephora. At first, I found it a bit overbearing, even though I had only dabbed a little bit on my wrists. But after an hour to an hour and a half, it started to smell delightful. Now, it's about 5 hours later, and it's mellowed into a very subtle and VERY addictive scent. I can't stop inhaling my wrists! Sephora.com decribes it as a "fruity floral," which I think is accurate. I am considering purchasing the full bottle once my sample decant runs out, but it's too bad it takes me an hour to start enjoying it!
UPDATE: I decided I liked it so much, I put more on before I went to bed, which made me feel uber-glamorous :)

on 5/2/2008 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of my favourite perfumes. It is so pretty and floral without being too sweet and sickly like some can be. It last all day too, well for me anyway, it doesn't on a friend of mine so I'm guessing that kind of thing may be specific to individuals skin types. I seem to get lots of compliments on this when I wear it too which is always nice to hear but it is always from girls, so maybe not a sexy perfume as my boyfriend likes it a lot but others have a different effect......if you know what I mean!

Popular Fragrances