Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Filtered by age: 36-43
Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

on 2/11/2019 6:42:00 AM

I find this perfume very interesting. When I first spray it I can smell a distinct spicy peppery note, then it dries down to a clean almost green floral scent with a little sweetness. To me the floral element smells like the leaves of the flowers more so than the flower itself if that makes sense. The black current comes out after the fragrance has dried down completely and it settles into my skin. I really love this fragrance. For such a clean scent it has pretty good staying power as well. I could still smell it on my skin after 7 hours. I wish they made a bigger bottle than the 1.6 ounce. I can’t find anything larger online. Other than that, it’s a winner.

on 12/6/2013 10:29:00 PM

I like Gucci fragrances a lot. Some of them are not appropriate for wearing inside a more conservative workplace/office. This one is perfect for anytime though. It's quite a 'safe' fragrance but not simple.

This is one of those fragrances you will reach for daily heading out the door because it's so wearable wherever you are going to be. When I have bottles of this, I run them dry. There's numerous fragrances I adore, yet there's less than 10 that I will repeatedly empty bottles of - some because I use them sparingly for occasional use eg Alexander McQueen Kingdom, but others just because there's others I tend towards more. My Gucci bottles always end up used now that I think about it.

I like the heavy glass bottle and the pink perfume, it feels nice held and the 30ml is a good size for a bag. It is a heavy bottle to travel with otherwise.

It's got a whole lot of lovely layers (read other reviews for the notes) and it ends up being something of a clean, crisp, yet warm and slightly spicy, floral with just enough fruit to take the edge off the oriental notes and enough woody notes to take the edge off the lightly sweet notes, enough green to stop it being overly floral. Such a great description from moi just then but really it's a beautiful perfume that most women would like. I generally do not like very sweet, or very fruity fragrances and generally gourmand or baby powdery or candy smells make me think teen girl domain. This has just enough of each to be innocent and pretty without being too girly or tween. It is definitely more of a ladylike fragrance than a rock n roll edgy one, yet as it is with most Gucci perfumes, your personality gets to shine through, so wear what you like and be who you are and enjoy it.
This would be a safe gift to give girls, ladies, women of almost any age. It's one I find I'm happy wearing summer or winter, for me fragrance should bring joy when worn and make you feel happy and beautiful. Yes there'd are some clearly winter or summer fragrances, but this one can be worn year round.

on 5/5/2012 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This fragrance is utterly exquisite. The official notes include mandarin, blackcurrant, violet, and blackberry, smoothed with jasmine, heliotrope, and cedarwood.The unusual mix of woody/fruity/floral notes make this a very interesting fragrance that my nose can never quite "figure out". Trying to pinpoint it is like chasing the end of a rainbow. It's a very earthy, woody aroma with a soft fruity-floral contrast. This fragrance is delicate, sparkling, classy, elegant and extremely feminine. It wears beautifully anytime, anywhere. It could be worn to work, the beach or an evening out. I have been wearing this fragrance since it was launched (approx 8 years ago) and I love it more with every passing year.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Another unsniffed fragrance purchase based soley on online reviews. (The story of my life! LOL). Anyway, this fragrance is very lovely and long lasting although it smells exactly like something that I already own - Oxygene by Lanvin. I honestly couldn't tell them apart if I were blind folded. One has pink juice while the other has blue juice, otherwise they're duplicates. I like them because they're unique in character. Not your typical department store 'samey' scent.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Just revisited my bottle of this sexy fragrance. Can't believe I forgot all about this jewel. Love it! I get compliments from men when I wear this.
Getting low will have to purchase new bottle. If you want compliments
grab this one.
The bottle is square and a bit heavy but the juice inside is worth it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My mom bought this for me recently and I love it. It's so pretty and fresh and girly. It's such a nice fragrance and the bottle is lovely. Gucci never disappoints with it's perfumes. This is one I will buy again.

on 1/22/2006 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a Christmas present from my sis and have been wearing it on and off for a few weeks now, I defintely do not detect much of a spicey note, the florals stand out for me. Great fragrance, I just wish it would last longer than it does. Beautiful bottle tho!

on 12/22/2005 7:37:00 PM

I love love love this fragrance it is sensual, sexy and girly.
I have had men ask me what perfume I am wearing. Great lasting power on me I love a scent that last all day with out being over bearing. The blackberry note in this scent is wonderful and is now my favorite note I find my self looking for fragrances with blackberry in it. It's got this peppery blackberry thing going on that's hard to describe but I find I reach for this scent everyday it is casual, romantic, and something you can wear to the office. I have the huge square bottle as well as the three small ones so I can carry one in my purse.
My boyfriend is picky and usually don't like a lot of perfume but he likes this one.

on 11/29/2005 4:53:00 PM

I received this as a gift, and I love it! The aroma is light and rosy -- I have no idea how others here smell pepper and spice. It's floral, rosy, not overpowering at all, and subtle. I don't smell "perfumed" when I wear it, regardless of the amount I wear or location I use it. It's feminine, and even the bottle is gorgeous. Someone else commented that it smells "pink" -- the perfume itself has a pink cast (in a clear bottle), and the box the bottle comes in is pink as well. I'm thinking it was probably quite expensive and if I have only one concern it's how will I afford more when I run out?! If you like flower, especially rose, and feminine/soft but don't want to smell doused in perfume, this is the one.

on 11/5/2005 12:36:00 AM

Love it! It smells pink to me, not bubble gum pink, but pink with an attitude. It's quite soft, but lingers mysteriously. I definitely get a woodsy feel from this scent. Extremely flirtatious. Sexy in a subtle, teasing sort of way. As soft as it is, it lasts a long time on me. Pure love.