Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Filtered by age: 25-29
Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

3.9

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

on 1/26/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This perfume has a very nostalgic quality for me. It was the first high-end perfume that I smelled that I absolutely fell in love with. It was 2005 and I was a junior in high school. I immediately asked my mom to get it for me for my birthday which, she did. It was one of my most prized possessions for a long time. I think what I love most about it is its softness. It is very soft, yet sexy and pretty at the same time. Although it's a fruity-floral scent it is grounded by the woody note of cedar, giving it a very unique quality. Nothing else smells like it.

To me this perfume speaks to the fashion and beauty trends of the times, between the early 00's-late 00's. It's very understated, modest, and minimalistic. Yet, it's also very chic, sensual, and feminine. It was released in 2004. Unfortunately Gucci decided to discontinue it along with many other fragrances such as their Envy Me and Rush lines. This has made me so frustrated since I can't find anything else that smells like it, and I really don't like any of Gucci's current fragrances either. Although I know you can still find this at Sephora and some other places, it's just not the same anymore.

My most recent bottle that I purchased doesn't last 30 minutes on my skin. I don't know what it is, has my body chemistry changed, did I get a bad bottle, or did Gucci not make their latest bottles to be of very good quality since they were doing away with the fragrance anyways? I seem to recall this lasting six or so hours on me back when I first got it in 2005. Now, I do a few good sprays on my wrists, inside my elbows, my collarbone, behind my ears, and the smell completely disappears within an hour! And I know it's not just me, I asked my mom if she can smell any fragrance on me and she had to stick her nose up to my skin to get just a slight whiff of it and she was like, "barely." It's so devastating because I really wanted this to be my signature fragrance for the rest of my life. But what's the point if the smell doesn't stay on my skin and it may not be around anymore after a few years? Not to sound too melodramatic, but I think it's time move on.

Recently during my hunt to find a new fragrance that smells similar to this one I came across Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret. I'm not claiming it smells the same by any means, but it does evoke a similar sensation in me that Gucci II does. It's soft, sexy, fresh, fruity and woody. Although I think Givenchy is amped up more and the freshness and sexiness. I suppose it's a more modern and mature fragrance, better suited to who I am now. Not to mention it lasts hours on my skin and it's absolutely addicting! I may be making this one my new "signature."

So, although Gucci II is a beautiful fragrance and I will always cherish it, I cannot say that I would recommend it if you want something that's long lasting.

on 11/18/2016 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Why the high praises?

I have a good nose but no expertise. That doesn't change the fact that this perfume is a total bummer. It smells like a cheap hooker. Lots of vague berry that is lightly fermented and then a BANG of pure alcohol (not the consumable kind) Just bad bad bad. Like a very expensive, I-think-I'm-better-than-I-am Victoria's Secret fragrance only VS has some decent picks! To add insult it's bloody expensive and has poor sillage! Oy with the poodles already! Stay away if youre a snob like me ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this ages ago at TJ Maxx. I don't reach for it often because it has a strong chemical scent to me. I like it for the first hour but after awhile it is cloyingly sweet

on 3/2/2015 10:48:00 PM

I didn't think I would like this very much... (I've worn only Michael Kors for years now) but after trying it in sephora I went home and ordered the purse spray on Amazon (the regular bottle is just stupid big and heavy). Gucci ii is a very inviting, fresh scent ... I wear it all the time now. It's not strong or offensive at all, people will just notice how wonderful you smell. My daughter is 3 and asks to put it on every day.. it's a very ahh addicting smell :) There is a slight tinge of berry when I first spray it but to me it mostly smells crisp, cool... like springtime. & i can't be the only one longing for spring at this point? :) Supposedly it's discontinued (of course) so it looks like I'm not getting another $35 bottle on Amazon anytime soon .. And I need it bc my princess will be upset when we run out!

on 5/22/2013 6:59:00 PM

This was the first gift my husband ever bought me. The cedar grounds this sparkling berry scent nicely & keeps it from going into teen girl scent territory. I couldn't figure out for a long time what the grounding note was, but it finally hit me that it's cedar.

on 3/14/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Love this perfume, it is very unique and has a good staying power. It is expensive but it's worth it!

on 12/3/2010 8:53:00 PM

This is my favourite perfume, and I can't imagine wearing anything else. I've worn it for years, and it makes other people say I smell amazing, but - more importantly - I love the smell so much I put it on when it's just me! I'm not a girly girl, but this is just right: clean, sweet but not sickly, totally addictive. And the bottle is fabulous (although crap for travelling, obviously: it's solid glass). Seriously expensive, but perfume is the one thing I refuse to scrimp on. You can smell the difference!!

Cannot rate it highly enough, but - as other commenters have said - perfume is different for every skin and every personality: my sister tried it on and it didn't suit her at all.

For me, perfect.

on 7/27/2010 1:50:00 PM

I really love this fragrance. Its the first one i bought in years and I just love how it smells on me. Its a very light perfume and it starts a bit flat powdery, floral on me. What I love about this one is that it changes through the day into a deeper, sweeter scent without being heavy at all.
It has a great staying power on me too, and I would recommand this as a day perfume because its so light and transparant.
For me its a very floral scent and on times it even smells more 'green' to me, but it changes after a while.
So, the downsides on this product is the price, here its pretty expensive compared to other perfumes and the bottle is very nice, just love it, but not very practical to take it along with me.
Overall a lovely smell and would buy it again.

on 10/23/2009 1:27:00 PM

I have gone through a small bottle of this before and had repurchased a large one. However I got tired of the large bottle and I think it's in part because my body chemistry changed. It's a light sweet berry floral on me which has great lasting power. The cap is extremely heavy and I just leave the cap out when I travel.

I got this at Marshalls for $30 unsniffed. 1.7 oz. Someone said "safe" and I agree, but it is a very good "safe". I like it and enjoy it. It is sweet, i would even say it is a gourmand but it isnt TOO foodish, More candyish. I think all ages and occasions would fair well with this but it may slightly veer into the younger set, to my mind, with the candyish sweetness. I only wear this when I normally wouldnt wear a scent or dont want to appear too sexy or sophisticated. I wear it when I just want to smell nice. I put it in my hair and my boyfriend (who, by the bye, only likes "L" by lolita lempicka) said my shampoo smelled really good. So now that is what it reminds me of, really good shampoo! Lasts quite a while in the hair. This really reminds me of "Babydoll" by YSL, but without the citrus and overall, this is much better for me. NOT worth $70 and even if I found it again for $30 I wouldnt repurchase. My new frag rule is I have to be compelled to sniff my wrists all day to spend money on or repurchase a scent. Oh, and the bottle is nice and simple but too heavy. The light pink juice is a pretty touch.