Fake Bake Self-Tanning Lotion

Fake Bake Self-Tanning Lotion

3.7

Aqua-Eau (Deionized Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caprilyc/Capric Triglyceride, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Erythrulose, Clyceryl Stearate, Dicoprylyl Maleate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Peg-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-5 Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Chondroitin, Glucosamine, Polysorbate-80, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, PVP-Eicosen Copolymer, Dimethicone, Panthenol. Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Edta, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Cirtic Acid, Parfum (fragrance), Red 40 (Ci 16035), Blue 1 (Ci 42090), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985), Alpha Isometyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propianal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool

I usually use the L'Oréal sublime bronze tinted self-tanning lotion. I liked that one fine, I was just slightly turned off by the sparkle in. I figure I ought to branch out, and try some slightly higher-end tanning brands. I picked this one up despite the extremely mixed reviews. When I first poured this out onto my gloved hand, it came out as a huge, watery, GREEN glob. Some sources say it's supposed to be this color, and others say it may be expired if it's this color. I decided to continue on, anyway. It took forever to absorb into my skin.. I just felt like I was running and rubbing forever. It didn't absorb onto my face at all-- probably because I had moisturized it before-hand (user error). However, it DID stick to a couple of cuts and abrasions I had on my face. I was pretty upset about that. When I was finished, I was completely head-to-toe army green. It's seriously the least attractive thing ever. Plus, this stuff smells terrible!! In the morning, I was relieved to find that the color was good and not at all orange. I didn't find any streaks. I would not recommend this product simply because of the horrible application. It's just a terrible, stressful experience. Do not purchase this.

on 7/16/2014 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought both this lotion and the Flawless liquid from Amazon after hearing such great things about Fake Bake. They were reasonably-priced (a little more than drugstore brands, less than department store ones) and both worked well in terms of the color payoff.

What I did not like as much about the lotion is the consistency. The color guard helped to show where I had applied it, which is great, but this stuff is thick! Maybe I didn't use enough because I did NOT look like I had been mud wrestling or anything like it. My plan was to apply an initial, thin coat and layer on top. Well once I got the first "coat" on, I didn't want to add any more.

For reference, I used this on one leg. As I mentioned above, I bought this at the same time as the Flawless liquid, so I applied this to one leg and the liquid to the other. I shaved my legs the day before and put on a very light coat of lotion about 2 hours prior to applying. I used the gloves provided and applied in a circular motion, starting at the top of my ankle and working my way up. This lotion took twice as long to dry as the liquid and left me a little slimy.

The packaging is fine and you get quite a lot for the money. It doesn't really smell like much of anything but there was a faint DHA scent the next day, even after showering (incidentally, not so with the FB Flawless). The color payoff turned out to be the same as the liquid but because it took twice as long to apply and to dry, I will not repurchase the lotion. I will most definitely repurchase the liquid as long as they make it.

on 1/11/2014 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! I ordered this off Ulta. It shipped faily quickly and when i first used this i had my friend try it with me so we could see the difference it made between the two of us. I was the first one to try it and i was in love! I have fair/med skin so i was very impressed that within seconds i was tan. It does not make you look orange. You do have to rub it in quickly or you will have some streaks. My friend though, is very very fair so she didn't get as dark as i did but when she was finished and i saw her it was unbelievable how much of a difference it made! I used to tan in a tanning bed and it would take me weeks to get a tan, and i got one in less than 5 minutes. I did take a shower the next day and it did fade a little but not by much i still had the tan. I would reccomend to reaply this twice a week. The only thing that i don't like is the price. I will repurchase this product and so will my friend. I hope you guys enjoyed this review. XOXO

on 12/23/2013 8:48:00 AM

I've just finished my first bottle of this. I wasn't that pleased with it. I expected better things and this had such good reviews.

I bought it for £16 off amazon, and it lasted me about a month using it only about 5 times. Twice for my whole body and three times for just my legs. I thought this was a little pathetic considering the price.

Then i would leave it on over night, for the colour to develop, however in the morning when I'd rinse off the top coat, it would leave me legs in basically the same colour they had been before i used it.

It didn't smell bad, and was easy to apply. Which were positive points.

Looks good first time . Even after exfoliating it made me sporty in my arm creases,

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Love this stuff! Needs to be applied very carefully and thoroughly for the best results. Remember to wear gloves. This gives a much more natural glow than any other self tanner. Very bronze an very NOT orange. Kudos to that! Anyway the price is too damn high and that's my only issue. $30 bucks is a lot for such a small bottle. At least it comes with gloves and is a good product. Give it a try, even if you're very very pale because I'm pale and I didn't go orange AT ALL. In fact I was brown. Lol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

(THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE FAIR VERSION)

I have only used this stuff once, and after seeing the result, I REALLY regret that I bought it.
It is pretty pricy, btw..

- It has a thick consistency and the colour looks almost grey. It's so hard to blend in (I use the gloves that comes with it) and once it dries, it gets sooo.. streeky? I can't explain it, but it looks so weird. Btw. it doesn't give you that healthy glow. To me, it looks like dirt or something instead, because of the greyish colour!

Fake Bake Original.

One of the best tanning products i have ever used. Long lasting tan with no streaks however i have found the tan to lift off when i use a plaster. :(

Otherwise fantastic tan, will buy again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE THIS SELF TANNER! When applied properly and in a decent amount, I got absolutely glowing results! It came out even and looked to natural! I love this product!! I don't think I will use any other self tanner from this day on!

on 11/1/2012 12:09:00 PM

This review is for the Fake Bake FAIR. I'm not going to write a big long review, but rather have you read nikkchikk's. It's perfect and what I would have said. I've been self tanning a long time. My boyfriend normally refers to me as his oompah loompa all summer long, but not with this stuff. I'm ghostly pale with NO yellow. A cool undertone - what there is. If you're a total white chick and everything makes you look orange, give this a try. 4 lippies for the smell. It's strong but not horrible.