SUN Laboratories Dark Sunsation Lotion

SUN Laboratories Dark Sunsation Lotion

4.2

Water, Dihydroxyacetone, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Carthamus Tinctorius, (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, BHT, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Yellow 6, Red 40, Blue 1

I love this! My skin has always been super pale so I have tried all types of self tanning products. I love this particular one because it has little to no odor and is not streaky. It does not stain my clothes and the color is instant. The price is great and comes with so much product in each bottle. I will definitely be purchasing again once my bottle runs out.

Natural looking and beautiful color!
I’m so in love with this product! The color is beautiful and natural looking. I’ve been looking for a self tanner that doesn’t look orange or streaky and I can honestly say this exceeded my expectations. I have a fair skin tone and this wasn’t too dark or anything. Highly recommend this for anyone who wants some color without having to damage your skin in the sun

on 8/22/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail tanning lotion! I haven’t found anything that works as good and is as affordable. It’s a staple in my beauty routine I wear this tanning lotion all year round.

on 8/18/2018 7:19:00 PM

I love this Self Tanner. Its easy to apply, doesn't streak, and not orange. Its the perfect dark tan for summer.

on 7/28/2017 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is AWESOME!!

I've tried various sunless tanners over the years, my most recent favorite being Fake Bake Flawless spray. I wanted to try a lotion that would be a little less messy than the spray, and this worked great for me. I just got back from vacation and had gotten more sun on my arms than my legs; wanting to even them out, I tried this.

The application is pretty foolproof- use the gloves and apply in a circular motion. The color guide is great bc it shows where you've applied. Maybe I didn't apply it very thickly, but even the color guide looked streak free and natural. I applied to my legs only and let dry for about fifteen minutes before getting dressed. I rinsed the color guide off the next morning and was left with a natural, even tan. It didn't sink into my hair follicles, creating black dots like some tanners do on my lower legs, and it still looks good three days later. The scent while applying is pretty good and there is a little of the telltale tanner smell for the next few hours after applying, but nothing major. When comparing my arms that got a natural tan and my legs, I can tell no difference in the color. The packaging is fine and I got a two pack of 8 oz. bottle, gloves and an exfoliator off Amazon for $30- not bad at all!

For those that got a thin and runny version, I can only say it must be an issue with the vendor selling it. The version I got is brown and creamy, like a thick lotion. I definitely recommend it!

on 7/21/2017 2:04:00 AM

This USED to be the best self-tanner on the market. But it appears they recently changed the formulation. What was once a thick, easy-to-apply lotion with a nice scent that was the color and consistency of chocolate pudding is now a thin, runny, dark brown sludge that smells terrible. It's so different from the original version that I was under the impression that I had received a bad/expired bottle or fake product. Judging by the recent reviews I see on other sites, I'm not the only one who thought that.

Application is a nightmare. It's so thin and liquidy, it doesn't absorb into the skin readily, so before it dries fully it can migrate and pool in places. The final result is much lighter and much more orange than it used to be and it fades very quickly--it's possible that they're using a lower grade of DHA in this formulation than they did in the original.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Seriously the best tanning lotion around. I'm naturally pale to medium skin tone and this color is great. The lotion has that greenish tint to it that completely eliminates the orange-ness that comes with most self tanners. HOWEVER, there are some very important tips I can share that make this work like a dream. 1) use gloves to apply (I just use regular latex gloves) otherwise your palms will be straight up brown. 2) follow the directions and only apply to small areas at once and blend very well. 3) I find it easiest to this self tanner with a little bit of regular lotion - it eliminates streaking, goes on more easily, dries faster, and you don't need to shower it off. Then I just use it after every shower and it keeps a nice tan.

Great self tanner, but for my skin that's on the paler side, the Ultra Dark works best. This color is best suited to women who are medium dark in color, and want a deeper tan.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

SCAM ALERT:

on 3/22/2013 8:43:00 AM

Not bad at all! I've probably used every self tanner they make.. I was using xen luxe for a while, but i found that the color came off very splotchy. Now, I ordered my sun labs from amazon (18.98 for 8 oz bottle), not realizing I selected the "very dark" (i'm very pale!). I was intimidated by the sound of it, but decided to try it anyway. I used my mitt...

Application: Great!! Dried very quickly, waited about 5 minutes and put my clothes on, but it was dry almost immediately...with that said, make sure to blend reasonably quickly!

Smell: Good at first, of course it did turn into that typical self tanner smell, but not as strong as the other tanners I've used!

Lasting quality: I'm only on my first day. I will update though!
Staining: Nope!! I have light gray sheets and pillow cases, and it did not come off on them.

Color: really nice!! I'm very very pale, and I used the "very dark" sun labs. The color does not look orange on me, but my fingers do look a little gross from washing them. I just exfoliated and applied a very thin coat to them with my mitt.

Break outs: This is a hugeeeee part for me. I have very acne prone skin and take very good care of it. I never apply self tanner to my face because I assume it will break me out. I tried the jergens to my face before and it did make me break out a little bit. I will update about the acne in a couple weeks so I can really see if it affects my skin.

Overall, I give it a 4 because it is probably the best tanner I had, but it is not perfect. I don't think a self tanner will ever be perfect considering its a fake tan, but this is certainly the best I've found :)

EDIT: This did not break me out (knock on wood), it lasted longer than any other tanner I've used! I was amazed that it did NOT come off spotchy except for my wrists hands and feet were a little uneven. But my chest, neck, back, legs etc faded really evenly!