3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

This was one of my first real SPF day creams when I was 14. Before this, I was foolishly slathering my face in No-Ad for SPF and trying to keep the pimples at bay by washing with Noxzema. I found this product in a health food store on sale. It's healthy, organic and vegan, and it didn't aggravate my acne. If I couldn't find any of the less expensive options like Trader Joe's, Burt's Bees and ELF, which weren't available when I was young, I would go back to this product. It prevented pigment darkening a little. At the time, the formulation contained zinc oxide, but they changed it. I would prefer for them to change back to zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. They could use the new invisible zinc to make it more available to folks who would be more negatively impacted by a white cast than I.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

6 years ago

I have mild eczema so am very cautious about what I put on my face. I thought this product would b safe, being that it is a "natural" skin product. I found this very moisturizing but always left my face looking too oily within an hour or so. The smell is light and doesn't really bother me. However, every time I put this on my face stings for about a min or less and I start to get some red patches around. the stinging goes away but I'm starting to believe that this moisturizer is aggravating my skin. I will not purchase this again.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBlack

8 years ago

I LOVE this moisturizer! It is really creamy yet light, and it's not overly greasy like other face moisturizers with SPF typically are. This blends really well and the scent is pretty light! It reminds me of the beach. I hope they don't discontinue this!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

8 years ago

Gave me acne after having battled for and achieving clear skin for the longest stretch of my life. I use Olay original beauty fluid with zero breakouts (it actually cleared the mess this caused up), so I'm not sure what the deal is with alba...maybe the SPF? This product is thin, which is a nice change from typical SPF moisturizers...but it definitely smells like sunscreen. It also leaves that sunscreen shine/glaze on your face. :/ I HAD to wear powder over it if I was going out! Not too moisturizing...definitely didn't help with any of my super fine lines...maybe even made the worse, now that I think of it. The price is higher than I wanted to pay, especially now, but I thought more natural=less risk of zits, prettier skin, right?! Nope... But the lotion is thin, so I'm sure it would last quite a while. Eh. :( Sad. I hate throwing stuff away when I'm trying to save $.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

8 years ago

PROS: Goes on very light for an SPF. Is supposed to stimulate cell regeneration to help correct uneven tone and helps with that somewhat. Light and subtle fragrance that reminds me of the beach (but not in a yucky sunblock smell way.) It sort of smells like the ocean in a good way. (Sorry I'm not good at describing scents. ;-) No cones, yay (so no clogging of pores)! Most spf's and all lightening/evening products really bother my rosacea/sensitive skin quite a bit, and this one doesn't as much. CONS: May be a con for some that it leaves just the slightest glow or feeling of moisture, but not actually oily. I like the moisture for my combo skin. ******EDIT: Ended up bothering my rosacea too much.***** ALTERNATES: Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15 is moisturizing but not greasy at all. When I need 30 or above, I use Hawaiaan Tropic's Silk Hydration or some name like that (but it can clog me if I use it for more than a few days in a row, so I only use it when I'm going to be in the sun a lot that day).

About reviewer (944 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I put this on my face/neck, and within a few minutes it gave me a rash all on my neck. I washed it off immediately. The texture of this product was a little greasy and did not asorb into my skin right away. I didn't leave it on long enough to see how it was through out the day, but I may try it again since I can't return it (I got it while on vacation).

About reviewer (90 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

Another miss. This is basically sunscreen with a little moisturizer in it. It smells like sunscreen and it's greasy like sunscreen. 15 minutes after applying, I can wipe a lot of it off the surface of my skin with a tissue. I switched over from a highly-perfumed L'Oreal moisturizer with SPF because I liked the "natural" and "no animal testing" credentials. But unfortunately I'm going to have to stop using it. The grease factor might be good for someone with really dry skin, but I have fair acne-prone skin (though not terribly oily) and it's just... bad.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

9 years ago

I am a big fan of Alba's sea plus renewal night cream. LOVE it. This smells very much the same as the night cream, but absorbs much quicker. It's a lotion, not a cream, so it's much lighter (expected). Immediately after applying it is still a bit oily, but not a bad oily in my opinion, just nourished. After about 10 minutes its fully absorbed and my face feels really moisturized and comfortable. This seems like a good moisturizer for dryer skin types, oily skin types might not like it. But for me, it's exactly what I wanted.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

9 years ago

This is a good moisturizer but its too greasy for my liking, If i wear it during the day time my face is soooo oily within the next hour, However I have found it to be really great as a night time moisture, it really soaks into your skin while you sleep and my face looks flawless in the morning and not oily, it has a pleasant smell and is affordable but I probably wont buy it again Im just trying to finish this one up

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

9 years ago

I picked this up on a whim at Target. I was simply looking for something with SPF, a light feel, and if I was lucky, some green tea in it. This was the whole package! It soaks it so quickly and nicely after I use my Clarisonic, it protects my skin from the sun, and has a lovely smell. A little goes a long way and I use it only in the morning. It hasn't broken me out and I imagine the green tea (which has been clearing up my skin a lot) is to thank for that. I'm a little skeptical of how "organic" this is, looking at the ingredient list, but I do really like the product.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

AgeUnder 18