Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara

Maybelline MascarasMaybelline Lash Discovery Mascara

3.5

on 5/16/2017 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this for bottom lashes. The brush fits perfectly to get a nice even coating on my lower lashes. I've never been able to get a larger brush work with my lower lashes. This one doesn't smudge or flake either. Total win for me.

on 2/28/2017 10:01:00 AM

This stuff absolutely sucks. My lashes are so bad that I finally gave up last year and started using extensions (which I love) so all I was looking for was a mascara with a smaller brush to put a little product on my lower lashes. Maybe I got a bad tube, but it gets on my skin even though it doesn't look like there's much product on the wand and certainly doesn't do much at all for my lower lashes. I'm no mascara novice. Would never recommend this.

on 12/2/2016 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Totally my HG mascara. I have tiny little blonde eyelashes that are nearly invisible, and the tiny brush manages to find every little lash and quadruple it in volume and length. It's so much easier to get to the interior lashes in particular. When I wear it on my bottom lashes, I'm always shocked to see how many lashes I actually have down there! Comes off super easy with micellar water, and I just love this mascara forever and ever.

on 7/19/2016 12:35:00 PM

maybelline is the only drugstore mascaras that I will continue to repurchase.
if all mascara with a small wand looked liked this, id have less complaints (revlon with the red cap, particularly).
the wand is the perfect size to get an even coat all at once, no need to work in sections.
this is also a very buildable mascara, and lasts all day and doesn't give me flakes. the finish can either be natural or lengthened, depending on how many coats you put on. i have both waterproof and regular version and both are really good

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

You really can not go wrong with Maybelline products. This is no exception. Staying power is on point, doesn't clump, isn't cakey.

Unfortunately this mascara gave me racoon eyes after a couple minutes dashing from building into car. Doesn't add much and clumps as well. Had high hopes but back it goes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If you have very sparse lashes this might be a good product for you. I have "lashes a plenty" and this just did not add much to what I already have. Even on bottom lashes it did not do much. I need length and this did not deliver for me. And it barely added any volume at all. The brush made it easy to get into corners and do bottom lashes, but does not hold enough product. Even with coat after coat that did not seem to make much difference. I tried it 4 or 5 times t see if it would grow on me but always got the same results.
It reminded me of Nyx's Skinny mascara but was even less impressive.

I love that it's affordable, and this actually washes off better than any mascara I've tried yet. While I lose less lashes using this mascara than my DiorShow, the Dior mascara makes my lashes prettier. My lushes get clumpy using the Lash Discovery. Boo! It's not atrociously bad, but I prefer how DiorShow is easier to work with. I thought I liked it better when it was newer. Maybe it dries out faster than Dior? Hmm.

This was the first ever mascara I bought during my university years, and for a while I quite liked it. The small brush really gets to coat my short lashes all the way through, and I found it easier to handle than the regular-sized ones. The thing is, I wear glasses 98% of the time, and when I wear mascara, after a couple of hours, my curled eyelashes completely collapses and bumps into my lenses, and it just creates a mess. I reserved this for special events when I break out the contact lens, but since mascara has a pretty short shelf life I ended up throwing it away after like, less than 10 uses. I've completely eliminated mascara from my makeup routine. Hey, at least I tried!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is really good for bottom lashes, it defines and seperates lashes and the mini brush suits small, lower lashes really well. It doesn't do much for top lashes, though because the brush is too small to fully coat lashes and it doesn't volumize at all. Lengthens a bit at most.
This review is for the regular lash discovery. It doesn't smear or smudge for me, but it flakes a bit, but less than using regular mascara on my lower lashes.