3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

I’m sitting here with dramatic black mascara streaks under my eyes, akin to what you’d get if you dipped your face in water and batted your lashes repeatedly. I thought I’d review this mascara so I don’t forget and accidentally buy this again! The good: Great brush, thin/almost tightline (wish there were more thin “tightline” brushes on the market); Buildable formula... The bad: Raccoon eyes; Dry formula, requires multiple layers to show up. I’m wearing sunscreen and moisturizer under my eyes, so a mascara has to be pretty awesome not to smudge. I get a hint of smudge (barely registering as a shadow) with my tight lining favorites: IT Tightline & Mirenesse. However, the amount of smudging after using this Lash Discovery mascara is downright embarrassing and I’m throwing it out (after one use).

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

7 months ago

This mascara could have been a worthless purchase for me (since it is nearly INVISIBLE,) and I would never use it aloone; however, it is really useful for (after using volumizing mascaras) separating lashes to make them look more even and feathery as it WILL "discover" those lashes other mascaras have missed.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Horrible. I bought it because target was sold out of full’n’soft. It takes a ton of coats to be able to see anything & then my lashes uncurl. I threw it out. The brush is a neat idea but turned out to be totally useless

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

This wand and the brush could be used with some thicker mascara but the texture of this mascara is way too thin. It doesn't give volume, no lenght either, and I tried also to wait couple of weeks if the formula would've gotten thicker, but no. I thought this could have been one of the best but NAW! :)

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

Love how the wand applies mascara, but the formula is flaky and does not hold a curl well. :(

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I bought this because I was looking something to cover my lower and top inside lashes. The good news is, this does that and in a nice, natural way. The bad news (and it really sucks because I was so excited with the results) is that it melts, bleeds, flakes, etc. Very early and all day. I am lucky in that I have rarely used mascaras and had the problem of transfer or flakiness, so I never entirely understood what women were talking about when they complained of it. Now I know. I plan on using the wand, which is thin and tiny, with my favorite mascaras and hopefully that will work.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

3 years ago

Love this for bottom lashes. The brush fits perfectly to get a nice even coating on my lower lashes. I've never been able to get a larger brush work with my lower lashes. This one doesn't smudge or flake either. Total win for me.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

This stuff absolutely sucks. My lashes are so bad that I finally gave up last year and started using extensions (which I love) so all I was looking for was a mascara with a smaller brush to put a little product on my lower lashes. Maybe I got a bad tube, but it gets on my skin even though it doesn't look like there's much product on the wand and certainly doesn't do much at all for my lower lashes. I'm no mascara novice. Would never recommend this.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Totally my HG mascara. I have tiny little blonde eyelashes that are nearly invisible, and the tiny brush manages to find every little lash and quadruple it in volume and length. It's so much easier to get to the interior lashes in particular. When I wear it on my bottom lashes, I'm always shocked to see how many lashes I actually have down there! Comes off super easy with micellar water, and I just love this mascara forever and ever.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

maybelline is the only drugstore mascaras that I will continue to repurchase. if all mascara with a small wand looked liked this, id have less complaints (revlon with the red cap, particularly). the wand is the perfect size to get an even coat all at once, no need to work in sections. this is also a very buildable mascara, and lasts all day and doesn't give me flakes. the finish can either be natural or lengthened, depending on how many coats you put on. i have both waterproof and regular version and both are really good

About reviewer (228 reviews)

Age25-29