L'anza Urban Elements Deep Conditioner

No Image

1.8

on 4/5/2009 7:40:00 PM

Back in the early 90's this was AMAZING. Now they have "new and improved" this product 100 times over. Now it is just plain crap. The smell is horrid now too. Just skip it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this after hearing rave reviews about L'anza however this product is nothing to rave about. I have thin color treated hair with oily roots and dry ends. I would compare this high end "deep conditioner" to a low end volumizing conditioner. It has a thin texture which detangled but some how left my straight hair frizzy and cury looking. Since I have thin hair and its not suitable for my hair type then I dont think it is suitable for any other hair type either. It does have a great banana bubblegum scent but thats the only thing good about this product. I was amazed after using it that somebody would even place the word deep on this bottle. My hair now feels drier then it did before I deep conditioned it. I will def be returning this. I got it for 11 US dollars at Ulta.

on 11/21/2003 12:23:00 AM

The full name of this product is Urban Elements Deep Conditioner Lightweight Replenishing Hair Mask. Therefore, this suppose to be a hair mask treatment, isn't it? Well, not exactly, it is not very moisturising, even some normal conditioners could beat it. I don't see any benefit after using it for couple of times, definitely not repurchasing. I bought it for around AU$15 (200ml) from an internet company. Not really pricey, but my hair doesn't like it. Probably it'd suit people with normal/oily hair, but do not buy this if you have slightly dry/damaged hair.
continued >>

on 11/3/2003 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had a sample packet and decided to use it today. Well, the only good thing I can say is that it smells good, reminds me of bubblegum. I washed my hair with a clarifying shampoo, put in conditioner, put on plastic cap and left on for the remainder of my shower. I always detangle hair with my conditioner in it. It does an ok job of detangling and felt ok in the rinse cycle. When my hair finally dried (it's curly, medium textured), I had a bit of frizz and my hair didn't feel as soft as it usually does. This does contain some proteins in it and maybe I should've used a moisturizing conditioner afterward. All in all, not something I would purchase.