AG Hair Cosmetics Ultramoist

3.6

Water (Aqua, Eau), Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Silk Amino Acids, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 40 (CI 16035).

This is ok as a rich conditioner but I feel like I need to use more than I really should though.
But the reason I don't like it is the weird smell. I'm not usually sensitive to hair product smells but something about the smell of this puts me off every time I use it. It wouldn't bother me so much if it dissipated once rinsed out but it lingers for hours later, causing me to hate it.

This stuff smells amazing~ Like cherries! I've only tried the ultramoist shampoo, but ive tried many other AG products and I'm obsessed with the entire line. I love that the entire brands line is safe for colored hair of all kinds. A little pricey, but worth it if you purchase it at Chatters (in Canada) & Ulta (in the states)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The best moisturizing conditioner I've ever used. I've used an obscene amount of conditioners and deep conditioners, and this I always go back to. I wash my hair once or twice a week and deep condition at the same time. I use the AG xtra moist shampoo, followed with Joico deep penetrating reconstructor, then this. This combination is pretty amazing at keeping my bleached, heat-styled hair strong, resilient, shiny, and soft. My hair is wavy, dense, and fine but I have a ton of it. It's pretty long too and the ends tend to dry out very quickly. This conditioner smells amazing (so does the shampoo), and it's thick and spreads easily through the hair and makes hair super easy to detangle. I leave it in for 30 min to an hour, maybe longer depending how much time I have and how much my hair needs it. It's my HG conditioner and my hair is always so shiny and smooth after using it. I've used it for a couple years now and it never fails me! The shampoo is just as great and the two go together flawlessly. I also love how it doesn't weigh down my hair and still leaves my hair feeling fresh and clean with volume.

Excellent moisturizing conditioner, I really like this one a lot.

I think this conditioner would be great for anyone with dry hair. It is very moisturizing! Has a creamy but not-too-thick texture. Provides a nice amount of slip, detangles easily, and rinses out nicely.

For reference I have hair that is thick, wavy-textured, color-treated, and I heat-style it regularly. It has a tendency to get dried out so I'm always on the lookout for good moisturizing conditioners. I love Joico's Moisture Recovery, but I think that this one is just as good.

It's a little pricey at $18 for a 6oz tube, but when Ulta has their twice-yearly liter sale you can get a jumbo bottle for about $15 or so (normally $45).

Leaves my hair very soft & smooth, and I'm definitely going to buy it again.

Recommended!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I usually get this conditioner in the litre size, paired with the matching shampoo in a value set. To be honest, I rarely condition my hair after shampooing any more because the great leave in oils and creams/bb creams for hair have made it possible to skip this step entirely but when I do want to condition my hair, Ultramoist is one of the products I rely on. It leaves my coarse, thick hair feeling silky, helps remove all the tangles and it also smells lovely. Another great product from AG!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great conditioner. I love the shampoo as well and find that they are both very moisturising for my drier, thick, long, wavy hair. I began using this in the winter and have noticed a significant change in the texture.

It smells amazing, like creamsicles and the scent lasts through the day. I love this stuff and think its worth the price. It never pulls my color and is pretty slippery.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Purchased the super size on sale at ULTA. I have thick, curly hair. I need moisturizing shampoo/conditioner. My hair has the tendency to dry out and frizz up. I bought the recoil shampoo and ultra moisturizing conditioner because I need more moisture. After hearing rave things about this and other AG products, I decided to go for it.

Rinsing the shampoo out was not pleasant. While both products smell nice, the shampoo left my hair feeling like straw while I was rinsing it out and it was all tangled up. I was looking forward to slapping some moisturizing conditioner on it to feel it soften up and detangle.

This was not the case. This conditioner went on ok. I had to work to get it into my hair and to detangle. However, my hair still felt dry while this was on my head. Rinsing it out was easy but my hair still felt dry and not conditioned at all. I had to take a spot of conditioner (some I had from another brand) and work it into my hair and leave it in.

Maybe this would be moisturizing if your hair was baby fine and normal BUT for thick, curly hair - no way. Taking this back.

Definitely an amazing conditioner but just not for my hair type. I need more moisture but I imagine if someone with much less damaged hair then me would absolutely love this ! I love all the scents of these products because they are not overpowering drying fragrance. I use a lot at a time, generally a handful for my thick medium length hair and it is essential you let it sit for at least 3 minutes for your hair to fully absorb and for you to see the most improvement. effective for the time being but im still searching for something more!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have slightly dry, very frizzy long hair down to my hips that uses a lot of conditioner, and when I ran into a litre sale at Chatters(last year), I thought I'd try this and a Redken conditioner (I think it was for curls?). The Redken was a bit of a disappointment after the first try, so next I tried the A/G conditioner, and it was hands-down the BEST conditioner I have ever used in my entire life! I haven't used another 'cone conditioner since, and the Redken is sitting in my cupboard, untouched. The only con I can think of is that it is a little disconcerting how it is absorbed so quickly into the hair and you can't see it and end up using too much--once you've become accustomed to that, it's fine. The smell is very light, oranges and cream, and pleasant, though if you prefer a long lasting, heavy scent, this is not for you. It is very moisturizing, provides ample slip, and successfully decreases frizz, if not totally 100% eliminates it (I don't think that's at all possible for me). I recently purchased the matching conditioner, and I love it as well. I'd recommend this conditioner to anybody (who has similar hair to me, in any case --I don't know how it would affect other types--meaning dyed)

Wow, that was a bit of a ramble!
Conclusion, AMAZING!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Im kind of undecided on this one. Its very thick and smells great. I got it on sale so the price wasnt too bad. This isnt a bad a product, I just didnt find it super moisturizing, its ok a daily conditioner. I would probably repurch, but its not HG material. I think I may have expected more and thats why im iffy on it. I could see why some people would find it really good, I think i just need more moisture. Not a bad product though