Bobbi Brown Lathering Tube Soap

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Bobbi Brown Lathering Tube Soap

3.2

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] POTASSIUM MYRISTATE [] GLYCERIN [] POTASSIUM BEHENATE [] SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE [] POTASSIUM PALMITATE [] POTASSIUM LAURATE [] POTASSIUM STEARATE [] PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL [] TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL [] SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL [] VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL [] OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL [] PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL [] OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL [] PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL [] BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS (RAPESEED) SEED OIL [] CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT CALIFORNIA) [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] SQUALANE [] CETEARYL ALCOHOL [] PETROLATUM [] BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) [] METHYLDIHYDROJASMONATE [] POLYQUATERNIUM-7 [] PEG-3 DISTEARATE [] DISODIUM EDTA [] LIMONENE [] LINALOOL [] METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE [] METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE

Lathering Tube soap has an extremely dense texture and produces copious amounts of foam with just the smallest pea size. The tube packaging is perfect for travel and stands well on any vanity. Quite unisex in appearance both genders could easily like this cleanser.

Looking at the ingredient list(very important) the reason why this cleanser is so creamy and produces such a luxurious lather is the fact that it contains soap like cleansing agents. It's main surfactant is Potassium Myristate. That along with the other soap constituents produces a thorough cleansing that makes one feel as if one had used standard bar soap. Skin is left feeling squeaky clean and tuggy. That is not good and is a sure sign of a harsh cleanser. It does have some plant oils and emollient that might help mitigate and cushion all of this however it just isn't worth the risk. Particularly if you live in an area with hard water, this cleanser combined with that water will leave a film behind on your skin. You can just feel it.

So while it is gorgeous, smells like rosemary and lavender and packaged beautifully. The drying elements are not making my skin happy so I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does give you this squeaky clean feeling and doesn't really dry your skin but this is not for people with sensitive skin. After using it for a week or so, I started breaking out. It's not as gentle as it feels. :( Really wanted it to work for me. Kind of pricey for a cleanser too.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

After being a HUGE Bobbi Brown fan for a few years now, I finally decided to try her cleanser. I used to use her rich cream cleanser that was discontinued and replaced with her oil cleanser which I also like, but don't love.

On to the Tube...I LOVE the packaging. As with all of Bobbi's packages its pretty to look but still very functional. It takes the smallest amount to get the job done, maybe the size of a pencil eraser and it lathers like no tomorrow. All you're left with is a nice clean face thats ready for moisturizer without feeling stripped tight. Unlike some deep cleansing face washes that leave your face so stripped your face will crack if you smile. This is definitely my HG. And price point is very reasonable for a department store. Around $22 US dollars. And with using such a small amount I see this lasting easily 3 months or more.

EDIT: 5/31/2010
I LOVE LOVE this cleanser. I am currently on my second tube. The first one from which this review was written lasted 5 1/2 weeks!! So I've stocked piled this and have 8 tubes in my bathroom under the sink, and another that I'm currently using and about half way through. I'd highly recommend getting a sample of this if you're able.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another HG for me. And my hubby as he steals it to shave! LOL
Nice clean lavender frag tube soap that really foams a lot!!!! You only need to use a little so it lasts and lasts and lasts -- I've had mine for 1 year and 1/2 and just bought a replacement last week. Love the packaging as it's easy to tote from sink to tub and if it falls in the bath it won't break. Also love the chrome look of the tube -- slick and simple. It is a bit drying so I aways follow with a moisturizer but I personally like to have that squeakyy clean feeling when I wash my face.

on 3/27/2008 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the smell and the way that this product lathers a lot.Plus is a pretty big tube for not that much money,you don't have to use that much only a tiny amount is enough to clean your face.My skin is sensitive and easily irritated but I didn t have problems with this.My face does feel very clean, fresh and tight afterwards.Removes make up good.And what I like most is that the lather feels creamy not foamy.I m giving this 4 lippies only bc I tend to like stronger cleansers like clinique s soap (the oily skin formula)Lathering Tube Soap is best for skins without problems like blemishes

on 3/16/2008 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am sooooo on the fence about this. I really do wish MUA had a "Maybe" selection for "Would you buy ths product again?" I have had this for probably about a month. I purchased BB's Soothing Face Tonic as well. I love the smell and the way it lathers, and I think it is a pretty big tube for not that much money, plus you don't have to use that much. One thing I don't like is that it says do not use on eyes, and I did it anyway, and it really did sting. I think that is slightly silly to not be able to use your face wash to get rid of the eye make up that your eye make up remover does not get. Anyway, here are the reasons why I am on the fence: It does not get all my make up off at night. However, I used more product tonight, really lathered up, and massaged my face for about 30 seconds, and that seemed to do the trick. Fluke? I am not sure yet. Next, I have been having trouble with acne lately, which I have not had trouble with for the past few yeras. I don't know if it is the combo of my new BB products, or if I'm just having a weird, hormonal, stress thing going on lately. In a nutshell, I just don't think i'm going to be convinced to buy it in the end. I probably should have held off on writing a review, but I couldn't resist. I will be sure to update if something drastic changes.

on 10/26/2007 5:23:00 AM

From the BB website: "A unique soap formula with a rich, luxurious lathering action that lifts off makeup and dirt. A Coconut Extract derivative cleanses deeply, yet gently, while Apricot Oil hydrates and cushions skin for an incredibly clean, soft, and refreshed feeling. Lathering Tube Soap works especially well for combination skin. Dermatologist and Ophthalmologist tested."

I received a small sample size of this - enough to last me through at least 15 uses. You only seem to need a really small amount to make your face feel squeeky clean. I usually break out from harsh, synthetic detergents as my skin is really, really sensitive and easily irritated. Hence, having a very "clean" and easy skin care regime using as few ingredients as possible is VERY important to me. (I am the kind of person that can break of from using Neutrogena soap, so...) The good news is that this lathering tube soap did not break me out. My face does feel very clean afterwards, but also a little tight (so I guess that apricot oil is not hydrating enough for me).

However, I cannot justify using 22 USD on this (or more, since BB products are more expensive internationally) when my 4 USD bars of natural soaps (I love the one from Carley's Clear and Smooth www.no-acne.com) do the job just as well without drying out my skin. One bar seem to last forever, and I can safely use this in the eye area - the lathering tube soap should not get anywhere near the eyes (even if it is ophthalmologist tested, beats me why they say that, then...)!

Nah, I think I will just stick to basics like my natural soap. People are different, skin is different. Even if my skin doesn't react doesn't mean yours goes free. Seeing that most skincare products have a longer list of ingredients than a 7-course dinner it's best to stay on the safe side - you never know what will give you allergies, irritation or acne.

on 9/28/2006 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yuck! I love BB makeup and thought I would give the skin care a try. I get easily bored and like to try new things, so I tried the Lathering Tube Soap, Exfoliating Cream Wash, Soothing Face Tonic, Vitamin Enriched Face Base, and Tinted Moisturizer. The Lathering Tube Soap is a white cream that comes in a very attractive silver tube. It smells divine, and a little goes a long way...it really lathers. That said it did not work for me. I felt like it left a film on my skin and did not remove all of the makeup at night. Unfortunately, the toner doesn't have any cleansing properties so that didn't help the problem. After a week of using this, the scrub (in the AM as a cleanser) and Vitamin Enriched Face Base my face exploded in a terrible break out. I stopped using the products and my skin settled down. I'm not sure if it was any one product or a combo of them all...but very disappointed the skin care didnt work for me because I really love BB. continued >>

on 3/19/2005 1:23:00 PM

This is a wonderfully mild cream soap that leaves my skin cleansed but nice and soft, not at all stripped. I think it is rather expensive for a cleanser, but I appreciate its gentleness. That said, the directions caution against use around the eyes. For this price, I expect a cleanser to do it all: eyes and face. Is it too much to ask to make this opto-friendly, Bobbi?

on 11/2/2003 12:13:00 PM

I am really liking this cleanser.It has a nice creamy lather and takes off all makeup very well. It rinses easily and leaves my skin feeling very soft.My skin is sensitive to fragrance and this has a lemony, herbal smell,but hasn't bothered my skin or eyes at all. This is best for combo skin.This is really too costly-I will not purchase again.Update: This turned out to be too drying for my skin.