Bobbi Brown Lathering Tube Soap

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Bobbi Brown Lathering Tube Soap

4.1

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] POTASSIUM MYRISTATE [] GLYCERIN [] POTASSIUM BEHENATE [] SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE [] POTASSIUM PALMITATE [] POTASSIUM LAURATE [] POTASSIUM STEARATE [] PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL [] TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL [] SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL [] VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL [] OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL [] PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL [] OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL [] PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL [] BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS (RAPESEED) SEED OIL [] CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT CALIFORNIA) [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] SQUALANE [] CETEARYL ALCOHOL [] PETROLATUM [] BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) [] METHYLDIHYDROJASMONATE [] POLYQUATERNIUM-7 [] PEG-3 DISTEARATE [] DISODIUM EDTA [] LIMONENE [] LINALOOL [] METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE [] METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE

A perfect, gentle soap! Non-drying and creamy, it comes in an economical long-lasting tube. Fresh, light lemon scent. I've been using it for 15+ years and get consistent results every time. Would definitely stockpile this if it were ever discontinued! I left a tube in a hotel room once and was so distraught that I bought two tubes as a replacement!

on 12/18/2013 2:59:00 PM

Ingredients isn't harmful and yet cleanses my face perfectly without clogging my pores. Usually things with natural ingredients clog my pores but this does not. Definetly a holy grail (for now, I'll continue my search for an excellent product)

EDIT 05.13.2014 : Okay I have changed my mind this is the excellent product. I mean I can't put it on words that how much I adore this cleanser. It has improved my skin clarity in so many ways. I don't think any cleanser has affects on blackheads. Neither this one. But it cleans soo beautifully without damaging and leaves a bright, smooth and even complexion. I don't see myself buying anything else in the future.
(For reference my skin is clean, not prone to anything, only issue is the blackheads on my nose that I've created by squeezing my natural skin pores and turned them into deep ones. Still they are really tiny but there is a lot of them also I am really sensitive on my cheeks. Literally, natural or not, every product that I have put on causes red bumps. But this DOES NOT! Yaaayy!!)

And how the hell this cleanser is drying !!! Its the most moisturizing cleanser I have ever seen. And I tried lots of them. Ingredients are great, feeling is great everything is great about this cleanser. No squeaky feeling no residue no tightness afterwards. Just lathering love in a tube. I bought this 6 months ago and with using twice a day I couldn't even come to the half of the tube. You just need tiny amount to clean your hole face. But I am going to buy one tube every single month in case they discontinue it in the future. And its 40 US$ (75 T$) in my country. Yes that's how much I LOVE this.
The most comparable product with this one is the Liquid Neutrogena Cleanser yet it left tiny pimples on my cheeks every time I've used, but most of the facial products has this effect on me unfortunately. So if you can't pay for BB cleanser get neutrogena one, but still there are high cliffs between these two in my opinion.

PS: I DO THINK THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN REFORMULATED because what I do get with this one is not even pass near by the reviews from 7-10 years ago. First of all there is no fragrance at all, no tightness no residue and it is too gentle for acne prone skin and yes it leathers quite well but not that good. So my advice, do not make up your mind according to those old reviews.

on 4/4/2013 8:22:00 PM

The best ever cleanser to use with a Clarisonic. Thick lather and leaves your face feeling SO soft and clean. Plus a tiny bit goes a LONG way. A tube will last you forever. Very in love with this product.

on 11/20/2012 6:54:00 PM

I have been using this product for a couple of weeks & really like it. I have combination skin. I like to wash my face with a wash cloth & this cleanser is great for that. It gets nice & foamy, takes off makeup but doesn't over dry. The price really isn't that bad if you use it properly. It only takes a TINY amt. to lather up. I mean less than a pea size. I used to use Origins Checks & Balances. This is similar, but I find it to be less drying which I need as I approach 40.

on 10/23/2011 12:41:00 PM

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews. I didn't love this at first either, but it's now grown to be my favorite all-purpose cleanser. You only need such a tiny bit to get a great luxurious foam, and makeup comes off so easily (well, I still need a separate makeup remover for eye makeup). I feel clean, but not stripped dry. I also keep a tube in the shower - great for facial wash but also great for shaving legs! It sounds expensive, but really you need so little that it still lasts for a long time. Worth it for me to keep the number of bottles in the tub to a minimum. I have repurchased this again and again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

After being a HUGE Bobbi Brown fan for a few years now, I finally decided to try her cleanser. I used to use her rich cream cleanser that was discontinued and replaced with her oil cleanser which I also like, but don't love.

On to the Tube...I LOVE the packaging. As with all of Bobbi's packages its pretty to look but still very functional. It takes the smallest amount to get the job done, maybe the size of a pencil eraser and it lathers like no tomorrow. All you're left with is a nice clean face thats ready for moisturizer without feeling stripped tight. Unlike some deep cleansing face washes that leave your face so stripped your face will crack if you smile. This is definitely my HG. And price point is very reasonable for a department store. Around $22 US dollars. And with using such a small amount I see this lasting easily 3 months or more.

EDIT: 5/31/2010
I LOVE LOVE this cleanser. I am currently on my second tube. The first one from which this review was written lasted 5 1/2 weeks!! So I've stocked piled this and have 8 tubes in my bathroom under the sink, and another that I'm currently using and about half way through. I'd highly recommend getting a sample of this if you're able.

on 11/10/2008 2:57:00 PM

I purchased this for $24 and decided it wasn't worth the $$. However, on the Walgreen's sale table I saw Dr. Jeannette Martello's Skin Essential Lathering Cleanser for $3.25 (I think it is normally approximately $12). Looking at the name, the packaging, and a cursory review of the ingredients I thought it could be the same manufacturer. I just checked the ingredient list against the Bobbi Brown version and they are identical except glycerin is in the #2 slot on the Walgreen's version and they also include coconut oil. I also purchased the Skin Essential version of the Buffing Grains and it also had the same packaging as Bobbi Brown with the same ingredient: Japanese Adzuki Bean Powder. It was approx $5 on sale and came with the cleanser. Might be a good substitution if you're on a budget.

on 8/4/2008 10:46:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product! I have very sensitive skin, acne prone, etc. But, since using this product for 2 weeks, I've been very pleased with it. A very small amount goes a long, long way. I can very much justify the $24 I spent on this product, as I feel it will last me probably 3-4 months! Now I want to try other skincare products by BB, but have to mail order since I am not very close to a department store that carries BB. Will definitely purchase again.

on 3/15/2008 8:49:00 PM

It lathers up nice, but i didn't like this face "soap". It left my skin too dry and squeaky. I have combination skin. I feel like it wasn't anything special for my skin. I used for 3 weeks and saw no improvements in my skin. I was able to return it and get my money back.

on 10/26/2007 5:23:00 AM

From the BB website: "A unique soap formula with a rich, luxurious lathering action that lifts off makeup and dirt. A Coconut Extract derivative cleanses deeply, yet gently, while Apricot Oil hydrates and cushions skin for an incredibly clean, soft, and refreshed feeling. Lathering Tube Soap works especially well for combination skin. Dermatologist and Ophthalmologist tested."

I received a small sample size of this - enough to last me through at least 15 uses. You only seem to need a really small amount to make your face feel squeeky clean. I usually break out from harsh, synthetic detergents as my skin is really, really sensitive and easily irritated. Hence, having a very "clean" and easy skin care regime using as few ingredients as possible is VERY important to me. (I am the kind of person that can break of from using Neutrogena soap, so...) The good news is that this lathering tube soap did not break me out. My face does feel very clean afterwards, but also a little tight (so I guess that apricot oil is not hydrating enough for me).

However, I cannot justify using 22 USD on this (or more, since BB products are more expensive internationally) when my 4 USD bars of natural soaps (I love the one from Carley's Clear and Smooth www.no-acne.com) do the job just as well without drying out my skin. One bar seem to last forever, and I can safely use this in the eye area - the lathering tube soap should not get anywhere near the eyes (even if it is ophthalmologist tested, beats me why they say that, then...)!

Nah, I think I will just stick to basics like my natural soap. People are different, skin is different. Even if my skin doesn't react doesn't mean yours goes free. Seeing that most skincare products have a longer list of ingredients than a 7-course dinner it's best to stay on the safe side - you never know what will give you allergies, irritation or acne.