Bobbi Brown Lathering Tube Soap

Filtered by age: 36-43
Bobbi Brown Lathering Tube Soap

3.7

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] POTASSIUM MYRISTATE [] GLYCERIN [] POTASSIUM BEHENATE [] SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE [] POTASSIUM PALMITATE [] POTASSIUM LAURATE [] POTASSIUM STEARATE [] PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL [] TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL [] SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL [] VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL [] SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL [] OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL [] PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL [] OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL [] PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL [] BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS (RAPESEED) SEED OIL [] CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT CALIFORNIA) [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] SQUALANE [] CETEARYL ALCOHOL [] PETROLATUM [] BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) [] METHYLDIHYDROJASMONATE [] POLYQUATERNIUM-7 [] PEG-3 DISTEARATE [] DISODIUM EDTA [] LIMONENE [] LINALOOL [] METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE [] METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE

on 4/14/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This cleanser lathers up incredibly well when brought in contact with water and it rinses off quite easily. However, it is too harsh for my dry skin. I've used the Lathering Tube Soap to remove sunscreen and while it does that effectively, it also strips my skin and leaves it feeling taut and uncomfortable. Nice packaging, but I recommend to try before buying if your skin is dry and/or sensitive.

Lathering Tube soap has an extremely dense texture and produces copious amounts of foam with just the smallest pea size. The tube packaging is perfect for travel and stands well on any vanity. Quite unisex in appearance both genders could easily like this cleanser.

Looking at the ingredient list(very important) the reason why this cleanser is so creamy and produces such a luxurious lather is the fact that it contains soap like cleansing agents. It's main surfactant is Potassium Myristate. That along with the other soap constituents produces a thorough cleansing that makes one feel as if one had used standard bar soap. Skin is left feeling squeaky clean and tuggy. That is not good and is a sure sign of a harsh cleanser. It does have some plant oils and emollient that might help mitigate and cushion all of this however it just isn't worth the risk. Particularly if you live in an area with hard water, this cleanser combined with that water will leave a film behind on your skin. You can just feel it.

So while it is gorgeous, smells like rosemary and lavender and packaged beautifully. The drying elements are not making my skin happy so I won't be repurchasing.

on 4/4/2013 8:22:00 PM

The best ever cleanser to use with a Clarisonic. Thick lather and leaves your face feeling SO soft and clean. Plus a tiny bit goes a LONG way. A tube will last you forever. Very in love with this product.

on 2/19/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this cleanser! It smells fantastic and cleans my face incredibly well. I have oily and acne prone skin but it seems to remove all my makeup (with a Clarsonic) but does not aggravate breakouts.

on 11/20/2012 6:54:00 PM

I have been using this product for a couple of weeks & really like it. I have combination skin. I like to wash my face with a wash cloth & this cleanser is great for that. It gets nice & foamy, takes off makeup but doesn't over dry. The price really isn't that bad if you use it properly. It only takes a TINY amt. to lather up. I mean less than a pea size. I used to use Origins Checks & Balances. This is similar, but I find it to be less drying which I need as I approach 40.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another HG for me. And my hubby as he steals it to shave! LOL
Nice clean lavender frag tube soap that really foams a lot!!!! You only need to use a little so it lasts and lasts and lasts -- I've had mine for 1 year and 1/2 and just bought a replacement last week. Love the packaging as it's easy to tote from sink to tub and if it falls in the bath it won't break. Also love the chrome look of the tube -- slick and simple. It is a bit drying so I aways follow with a moisturizer but I personally like to have that squeakyy clean feeling when I wash my face.

on 11/10/2008 2:57:00 PM

I purchased this for $24 and decided it wasn't worth the $$. However, on the Walgreen's sale table I saw Dr. Jeannette Martello's Skin Essential Lathering Cleanser for $3.25 (I think it is normally approximately $12). Looking at the name, the packaging, and a cursory review of the ingredients I thought it could be the same manufacturer. I just checked the ingredient list against the Bobbi Brown version and they are identical except glycerin is in the #2 slot on the Walgreen's version and they also include coconut oil. I also purchased the Skin Essential version of the Buffing Grains and it also had the same packaging as Bobbi Brown with the same ingredient: Japanese Adzuki Bean Powder. It was approx $5 on sale and came with the cleanser. Might be a good substitution if you're on a budget.

on 8/4/2008 10:46:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product! I have very sensitive skin, acne prone, etc. But, since using this product for 2 weeks, I've been very pleased with it. A very small amount goes a long, long way. I can very much justify the $24 I spent on this product, as I feel it will last me probably 3-4 months! Now I want to try other skincare products by BB, but have to mail order since I am not very close to a department store that carries BB. Will definitely purchase again.

on 1/20/2006 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Like many others, I received this in a Skincare to Go set. And, like many others, I found it left my skin feeling tight. This could be a benefit in the summer months, when my face turns into a total oil slick, but IMHO there are better cleansers out there for less money. Pros: smooth pearly texture, lathers easily, a little goes a long way. Cons: price, leaves face feeling tight. Bottom line - it's an OK product, but not one I'd go out of my way to buy.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

GREAT cleanser, and believe me, I've tried them all-Lancome, Philosophy, Perricone...the list goes on. This skincare line is the tops...wonderful light scents, luxurious feel - but never greasy. Just a tiny dab of this cleanser foams like crazy and cleans really well.