Shu Uemura Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/O

Shu Uemura Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/O

mineral oil, corn germ oil, polysorbate 85, safflower seed oil, cetyl ethylhexanoate, sorbitan trioleate, jojoba seed oil, sea water, squalane, glycerin, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, propylene glycol, tocopherol, limonene, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, alpha-isomethyl ionone, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, dicaprylyl carbonate, isopropyl myristate, ethyl oleate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, parfum/fragrance

on 1/17/2017 6:05:00 PM

Meh cleansing power ( I will stick to fancl for better cleansing power). Leaves an oily film , which is ok since I use cleansing gel after cleansing oil in any event.

Um, if must use shu, I will stick to the original, have more cleansing power than this.

The not too effective cleansing power is the killing point.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this product due to its cult status and really pretty bottles. I've tried Shu Uemura oil cleansers 3x in my life: when I was 25, and my roommate introduced me to it, when I was 30, and I decided to give it another shot, and when I was 33 and I was ready to adopt oil cleansing into my daily routine.

I think my skin can't handle that it's almost completely mineral oil because I tried 3 different 'colors' of this cleanser (pink, yellow, and green). My skin will break out like crazy even if I do a 2nd wash afterwards-- it's just super pore clogging for me.

I LOVE oil cleansers now, but since different brands use different base oils, I would sample around to see what works best for you. If you want to try Shu, I recommend you buy a mini-size (travel size) oil from a duty-free shop.

on 5/14/2016 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

First ingredient is paraben. How could they do this?

on 1/14/2016 7:14:00 AM

So this is good and I would recommend it: the smell, the way it works... Everything. I can't reallllly decide what this does- it doesn't fully remove my makeup so a separate item will be needed for that, but my skin feels and looks great after use! This kinda melts some of my makeup away but when I tune there's a lot of makeup on the pad and panda eyes are in bloom! But, again, my skin feels lovely! I would advised you to remove your makeup and then use this as it really makes my skin look it's best! The whole thing is likely to last ages because half a pump a a good amount (for an average size face)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Shu Uemura products aren't widely available at the Sephora stores near me. When I saw a travel size of this in those little bins where you line up at Sephora, I grabbed it since I'm going away in a month and it's the perfect size given all the travel restrictions when you're flying and it was also perfect to give this product a try. I really love cleansing oils in general although if you'd told me 20 years ago that I'd embrace both cleansing and facial oils, I'd have said you were crazy!

This oil has the most beautiful scent - it is very light and I can't quite place it but it seems so familiar. And it does a wonderful job of removing all my makeup, just as the company claims. What I like best is that you need not do a "double cleanse" with this oil if you don't wish to (though you can, of course, if you want to). In that, it's like Clarins Pure Melt and not having to double cleanse can be a real time-saver. This product doesn't dry out my skin, nor does it leave it with an oily film after rinsing. All in all, a great product. My review for packaging is for the travel size, which lacks the pump but which is still pretty okay (you have to wait for the drops to come out of the opening but they come out easily and it's not difficult to control the amount of product you get) but I'm sure the pump bottle is much easier to use. I am eager to try some of the other varieties of Shu oils, but as I say, the selection of his products is pretty limited, at least in my area of Canada.

EDIT: I finally realized what the smell of this is. I was using it the other night and suddenly realized that it's the scent of raw ginger root...when I grate ginger, this is the smell that is left on my hands. It is very subtle in this oil but that is the pleasant, fresh scent I noticed when using it - that's the light fragrance I noticed and couldn't quite identify.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Bought the biggest bottle after so many good reviews. Used it for 1 month thinking it was doing my skin good. Ended up with a face full of comedones that took 4 months and expensive treatments with my dermatologist to extract. Painful lesson: carefully test on ones skin before committing/investing on a product, even if many people claim its their HG.

Shu uemura cleansing oil has a lot good review in internet, so i decided to try it ^^
-First when i used it : Oh Wow, its OILY! *yeah it is a cleansing OIL!* , i was shock at first, it is oily before wash up with water, but when we wash with water, the cleansing oil become like milk water, and when we rinse off, the face feels smoother ^^
-That oily thing.. at fisrt i see it made comedo in my cheek, but i hope it just happen in the first time use~~ because the skin face feels soft and supple after washing
- It cleans well, but i dont use heavy make up with foundation, so i cant guess how it works well with heavy foundation
-i think the face looks brighter, it supposed to be ~like its promise:anti dull skin~
-I think this is really suitable for dry to normal skin, dry skin must try it ^^ *For the combination skin like me, i do double cleansing after the shu uemura then i wash again with facial foam coz if not, it still feels a bit oily*
-It makes me wanna try another type of shu uemura cleansing oil, they have another types that make me curious to try ^^

on 9/11/2014 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Shu Uemura has been my go-to for cleansing oils and I had high hopes for a special feature touted on the product description. I like their basic formulation - formulation closer to the original.

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil is my holy grail makeup remover.

Top 3 Reasons for Loving it
1. 100% Perfect Cleansing
2. Non-drying
3. Save on Facial Cotton

Check out full review and tips on how to get it cheap at: http://bit.ly/shuoil

on 7/31/2014 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

EDIT: After using this cleanser for a good 4-5 weeks, I've had to drop my lippie rating to a 2 :(. This is because the cleanser actually broke me out after prolonged use - I ended up getting angry pimples amongst random clusters of small bumps, although this wasn't evident during the first week or so of use... my skin was actually the best it's been in several months during the first couple weeks!

It's really such a shame it didn't work out, but it may just have been my fault for choosing an oil which may not have been most suitable for my skin type (when I told the Shu Uemura MUA I had combo oily acne-prone skin and said I was using the green A/O oil he was really surprised and instead recommended the pink one because the A/O cleansing oil is a lot thicker!). But despite all this, this product is still darn good at removing makeup. I'll be trying out other Shu Uemura oils for this reason (i.e. the pink one) and seriously hoping it'll work out better!

OMG. O.M.G. Never in my life have I ever been so impressed with a cleanser or actually looked forward to cleansing my face because I know my skin is going to feel fabulous afterwards.... until I finally put aside my skepticism for this cleansing oil and actually tried it out recently!

So I have combination-oily skin, and for the past few months my skin has become more acne-prone than usual. The reason for my previous skepticism was similar to what people unfamiliar with the product may think - using oil to clean makeup off my acne-prone, already oily skin? No thank you! But after trying it out, I realize now this cleanser REALLY does the job well.

Prior to using the Shu Uemura cleansing oil, I removed the makeup on my face using facial wipes and Bioderma. After cleansing, my skin felt like it was stripped of moisture and it didn't give me that squeaky clean kinda feeling. I also noticed parts of my face would temporarily become slightly red after cleansing, perhaps maybe due to minor irritation from tugging my skin with the wipes + cotton pads. But with the Shu Uemura cleansing oil, I have never come across a cleanser that leaves my skin so looking and feeling so incredibly smooth, soft and clean. There's absolutely no redness on my face (i.e. less irritation to my skin perhaps?) and instead my skin looks so white and bright, as if I had just finished using a whitening mask! I also feel as though that after multiple uses, some of my acne scars aren't quite as visible (although this could be attributed to my skin just looking softer). I have not broken out from this product, although I would stress removing the oil properly is so crucial to avoid this, so be sure to wash your face with water maaany times before continuing with the rest of your skincare routine.
(I will admit though, slathering oil on my face was quite strange at first, but it feels soo nice on my skin after emulsifying the oil with water... it's almost like a facial massage haha.)

I'm in total love with this product and I would happily repurchase it although it may be on the slightly pricer side (here in Australia, it retails for $39AUD for the 150ml, and the 450ml was $9x AUD) - the results I get from it totally justifies the price :).