NARS Blue Angel Duo

NARS Blue Angel Duo

4.1

on 4/10/2009 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm a serious blue eyeshadow addict that is always in search of the perfect deep smokey navy blue to make my brown eyes pop. I've got at least 30 dark blue shadows, and Blue Angel is the one I reach for the absolute most! This is the perfect true dark blue. Most other blues end up having too many black undertones to remain a true navy when applied ... enter Blue Angel that manages to be deep enough to make a smokey eye .. but not SO deep that it goes black upon application. Blends like a dream and is very pigmented. The other half of this duo is a pretty shimmery mauve/plum color that doesn't necessarily impress me and doesn't have the same punch that the blue side has. If this duo had a more useful color, it would'be been a homerun .. but the blue side alone warrants having this in my stash! Best blue I have in my arsenal!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Blue Angel is a very pretty duo consisting of lavender and cobalt bue. This would look gorgeous on people with blue eyes and cool/pink undertones. I am light PPP with yellow/neutral undertones and brown eyes, and using these colors together just doesn't work on me. The lavender has a touch of grey in it, and that grey-lavender color tends to wash me out and make me look sickly. The cobalt blue is gorgeous though! It is very pretty and very pigmented, so I use this down by the lashline and smudge it, and works really well for me. What I have ended up doing is using NARS Nymphea eyeshadow (light baby-pink color) all over my eyelid from lashline to eyebrow as a wash (pinks and peaches work really well with my yellow undertoned skin), and then I apply the cobalt blue color from the Blue Angel Duo along the lashline and smudge it to create a pretty bluey-smokey eye look. The cobalt blue and the pink (Nymphea) look beautiful together! So NO, I would not buy the Blue Angel Duo again because I only use the cobalt blue color, and I can purchase that color separately as a single eyeshadow. But I still gave Blue Angel 3 stars because the colors are pretty and would work really well on people with cool/pink undertoned skin .... and especially if those people have blue eyes ... Blue Angel would really bring out blue eyes.

on 12/7/2005 11:40:00 PM

IMO one of my least favorite NARS items. I do not like China blue shadow (the single available that is in this duo) and the violet is just ok. China Blues texture needs to be reworked. That being said if you are a fan of navy and violet, this duo may be for you... I prefer MAC contrast for navy though, and Id pair it with Shale instead of the violet in this duo.

on 11/28/2005 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Average product, but it makes my brown eyes pop. Unfortunately, it has little saying power on my oily lids. I have to use UD eye primer with it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This would be an excellent choice for someone fair. It doesn't do a lot for me (NC40 green eyes). It still is a nice quality duo.

on 5/17/2005 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love these colors for my dark brown eyes. The blue is on the purple side which goes great with the lilac shimmer. Available through the Nars website.

on 11/3/2004 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was not quite so impressed with this NARS duo. Blue Angel consists of a dark matte navy blue and a medium greyed lilac shade with a little shimmer to it. Very standard shade. Nothing unique about them at all. I still need a third color to highlight the brow bone with this duo. Color blend smoothly and are nicely pigmented. Retails for $28 and comes packaged in nars black rubber case with mirror. Its not a bad duo, just plenty of similiar shades out there. Get it if you dont have anything similiar but it can be skipped if you have similiar colors from other lines.

on 10/15/2004 5:04:00 PM

An unbelievably fabulous duo that I never would have thought of buying if it hadn't been for the enthusiastic reviews here. The shimmery lavender-grey shade isn't highly pigmented, so it makes a nice subtle wash on its own, for a quick makeup. The deep blue shade doesn't look quite as bright on, just blue-tinged, very subdued. Not only is it a great liner, wet or dry, but applied lightly over the lavender it makes a great smoky shade which really brings out the green in my eyes. The only way I tried that really didn't work for me was using the lavender on the lid and the blue in the socket - it just looked weird and unbalanced. My favourite way to wear this is the lavender on the lid and to line underneath (yes! it's just coloured enough on my fair skin to give a little definition), the blue to line thickly on top, and a light wash of bright raspberry blush (Body Shop Pink Gold) from socket to brow - a subtle but pulled together look. I know Nars duos cost a fortune and you don't even get a brush, but this one is well worth it.

on 5/21/2004 9:03:00 AM

Attention people at NARS: Why the heck did you discontinue this? I don't get it. I got my paws on this through a swap. Until that point, I thought the Mediteranee Duo was the prettiest but this is a serious contender. I'm warm with dark hair and eyes and this looks great on me because of the purple factor. If you can find it, try it

on 7/8/2004 3:04:00 AM

I bought this duo due to reviews that said it was going to be discontinued. I love it. The grey has a touch of purple that makes it a very interesting color and the blue is a perfect complement. Nice for day or night, can do both looks!