Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme

Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

sweet almond oil, aqua, beeswax, kaolin, stearic acid, parfum, grapefruit fruit extract, glycerin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, carrageenan extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, sodium borate, glucose, sodium chloride, sodium benzoate, vegetable oil, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, citral, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, limonene, linalool.

on 10/23/2018 2:41:00 AM

I am writing this after using this creme for a week. I don't think this creme will suit everyone. That is why there are so many low ratings.

I had extremely good skin and nails and didn't need to do anything extra for myself. Now with advancing age and a medical condition, I have extremely dry hands, feet and severely cracked/ flaky and peeling nails. I tried everything I could to remedy it, but the condition of my nails went downhill. Even medication was not working.

Then I bought this and used this at night before sleeping. The morning after my first use, my hands and nails looked so much better than they have done for years. After 4-5 night application, my nails no longer looked dry and cracked. I still have ridges, but that I have to live with.

I now have a regime that I follow in the morning and at night:
First I apply a mixture of jojoba oil, vitamin e oil and an essential oil to my nails.
Then I use a little pea size amount of this cream and massage it into my nails and then my hands. At night, I also use a tiny amount of Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vit e formula cream for extra moisture and healing.
I wear cotton gloves for 10 min or so to protect and let it absorb.

After this, I find that this creates a barrier in my hands that even water slides off. After just 7 days or so, my nails feel so much stronger and shinier.

The key to using this cream for me is not using this alone. Just by itself, this is a very sticky and hard to use cream. Rather, if I use this with other products, it actually seals in the products and creates a barrier for better healing. Also, the key is to use a tiny amount and massage it into the cuticles and then massage the reminder into my hands.

This cream smells more like banana candy than real bananas. I am not a fan of this smell. But after seeing the results, I will keep this in my nightstand as long as BB makes it available.

on 10/5/2018 6:24:00 AM

was not particularly effective on skin plus took ages to sink in.
not sure this tub packaging either...awkward for a hand cream imho

on 7/21/2018 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have Sahara hands they seem to have no moisture at all. I saw this on sale and thought I'd give it a go. Oh dear so glad it was on sale (although still expensive). I found it really hard work to rub in. It left a nasty sticky, greasy residue that lasted. I had to wash my hands and they were still sticky. I will persevere use less see if the viscosity increases if its worked a little before rubbing in I also don't get the scent lovely in the jar but agree its quite sour on. I would not buy this again and regret my purchase

on 10/4/2016 10:21:00 PM

This hand cream is sooo sticky and greasy so that I never use this during the day and even before go to bed, I really dislike the sticky feeling it brought. I am trying to finish my first and last jar that I somehow stupidly purchased because I thought a 30$ hand cream can improve my super dry hands but I was just through my money out of window 😞

on 12/20/2014 3:32:00 PM

Yummy!! I like this cream. It is a little bit thick but it works well here in cold Sweden. After a couple of minutes the hands has absorbed the yummy cream and I just love the banana scent!!!

great product for very dry skin,I would suggest only using at night,possibly with cotton gloves as it's very thick and greasy,and could be a problem using it throughout the day.
Cute retro packaging,and nice yummy banana scent that isn't overpowering.
A rich cream with aloe vera and sweet almond oil.
100% natural and not tested on animals,perfect!

on 1/12/2014 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Way too waxy and sticky, doesn't adsorb well at all.

I am currently using this hand cream and it is my second jar.

A tiny amount is needed for each application otherwise yes it will make your hands feel greasy.

Absorbs quickly and has a strong pleasant smell, it smells more like those banana candy chewy sweets we get here in the U.K rather than an actual banana but I like it.

on 6/6/2013 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

It felt like I was rubbing tallow on myself, husband compared it to putty. It's smells weird, slightly sour. I can't get over the awful texture and smell.

on 4/12/2013 1:46:00 PM

I love this cream. It is expensive for the price, but for a natural hand cream that smells good and works well...you probable can't beat the price. I paid around $9.00 for the small jar a Whole Foods. I keep the cream on my desk at work at all times. My hands get really dry quickly from filing paperwork and typing constantly. I will be repurchasing!

Popular Lotions / Creams