Physician's Choice pHaze 5 Nutrient Toner

Physician's Choice pHaze 5 Nutrient Toner

4.7

(from product package): Water, Lactobacillus/Pumpkin Ferment Extract, Sucrose, Lactic Acid, Glutathione, Aminoguanidine HCL, Yeast, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Alcohol Denat. 2.25% AHA, pH 2.1 (6/1/12)

on 8/17/2018 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Cons - The price. Ugh! I hate that its sort of pricey but I love it so much. Pros - My skin loves lactid acid and this stuff has plenty of it. Its ph balanced and I don't believe it has alcohol in it. If so, its definitely at the end of the list. This stuff is a good alternative to Biologique Recherche P50 Lotion. Now, if you're using retin-a or differin be very careful as you will be over exfoliating your skin if you use this stuff as well. This stuff is meant to clean out the remaining dirt in your pores after cleansing, exfoliate, and even skin tone. At first, I thought it was too strong as my face stung but I've gotten used to it and my skin loves it. For me, its like doing a mini acid peel on my face. I use it before using my night oil and its a good combination. I just wish the packaging was larger in size given the price.

on 1/4/2013 9:20:00 PM

This is my favorite product from PCA and I'm a diehard fan of the entire line. As an esthetician I am results oriented and this stuff smoothes and firms the skin beautifully. It puts all alcohol based skin strippers to shame. The ingredients in this toner actually help the skin retain moisture and allow any serums or creams to penetrate deeper. It isn't as expensive as you might think provided you use a good quality cotton pad or soft gauze to apply it. I use Shiseido pads and they are awesome for not soaking up your product. It is best used once a day, preferably at night because of the AHA content on perfectly cleansed skin. This is NOT a way to remove lasting traces of makeup but more of a gentle daily peel for those of us with texture issues. It smells amazing, tingles on contact and clears the complexion without drying it out. I can't live without it.

on 9/10/2012 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

i wish this came in bigger packaging to make the price worth it. I like it but i dont think just liking it is worth its price. It doesn't irritate my skin. It smells really nice, but I can't say weather it really does a lot on its own.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

YUM! The Clove Oil and Pumpkin Wine in this toner makes it smell so amazing! Reminds me of a Pumpkin Peel Facial I had in AZ by one of the PCA aestheticians... The Lactic Acid in this toner is wonderful- I've even noticed some slight peeling after using it. I love everything I try from PCA- I have their Apres Peel Hydrating Balm and Soothing Balm (which has 5% Hydrocortisone) for post-peel irritation. This toner is awesome! And I typically don't use toners, but I'm in love with this one :) Makes skin so soft and smooth!

on 3/29/2011 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really really nice toner. The pumpkin smell is interesting. I don't hate it, don't love but you get used to it. This is fragrance free (as in no added fragrance). This makes my skin look so glowy. This makes my skin look really nice. I went from HATING toners because most broke me out to now loving toners and finding so many that work for me. (Paula's- Skin Balancing and Moisture Boost/ PCA- Nutrient and Smoothing toner and Bioelements Calming)

on 2/6/2011 5:36:00 PM

Absolutely fabulous! Most remarkable and effective AHA toner I have ever used! Quite pricey but worth it. On one commenter's comment regarding "yeast" in this product. Yeast is not bad for the skin.

on 10/9/2009 2:18:00 PM

I`m jumping on the band wagon here regarding this product. Yes it`s expensive, but like all PCA product, you don`t need a lot to get the job done. The main ingredients are Pumpkin Wine, Phenyl-n-butyl ( a free radical quencher) Amino guanidine (assists in the loss of collegen) and A.G.E which is an advanced glycation end product to help keep the skin really smooth and soft. This is a good toner even for people who experience mild to moderate break outs. The AHA`s help to refine the pores and the enzymes from the Pumkin Wine removes dead skin cells without overdrying the skin. I have used this toner for the last two winters and see immediate results. I switch to the Smoothing Toner in the summer. Another great product from PCA

A brilliant toner; smells lovely and is extremely effective. This one simple solution clears up my skin better than any higher-end, expensive product I have ever tried, from Nordstrom's, Sephora, Neiman Marcus, and et cetera. (However, I am aware that these other lines may in fact work for you, and if so, I am very happy for you, sincere mad props and applause). If I have any sort of little face eruption forming, a few heavy doses of this and it's gone and drying up by the next day. I never want to be without it. **One caveat, though- I used this toner to remove BE's Matte Foundation (just to see what would happen), and developed bumps all over my face. I have since learned my lesson, and remove any makeup and sunblock with a sturdy cleansing oil first. Then apply toner. Caveat ended.**

*Note to melinda_, previous reviewer: Yeast and clove oil both have strong antibacterial (and thusly anti pimple) properties. In (always recommended) small and diluted doses of each, they have been especially welcomed in all-natural, organic and holistic circles for their skincare benefits. In this particular toner, these two ingredients have been tempered very well with the antioxidants in pumpkin wine, water and the gentle exfoliant lactic acid.

on 6/19/2009 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I just got this based on the reviews here and I see it has yeast in it. That was not listed as an ingredient on the website. I think yeast is bad for the skin. I don't know what to do...if I will even try it...I don't want to break out.

I just wanted others to be aware this product contains yeast.

EDIT: Now that I am researching the ingredients I am very upset.

Here is a review from Cosmetic Cop:

clove oil. Potent skin irritant and inflammatory when used repeatedly (Sources: IFA—International Federation of Aromatherapists, www.int-fed-aromatherapy.co.uk; www.naturaldatabase.com; and Contact Dermatitis, March 2002, pages 141–144). Clove oil contains 73% eugenol, a volatile substance that research has shown causes skin-cell death (Source: Cell Proliferation, August 2006, pages 241–248).

****IT SHOULD NOT BE USED IN PREGNANT WOMAN OR THOSE THAT ARE NURSING. ****

O_o

on 3/19/2009 5:01:00 AM

This stuff makes my skin so smooth and moist, and I'm yet another one who never bothered with toners.

I'm not so sure about the scent though, it is very sweet and very fall evoking; it reminds me somewhat of the smell of cheap candles, the kind you find in country decor stores. But it's all natural, so I can't complain too much.