China Glaze Nail polish

China Glaze Nail polish
Nail polish

3.9

This is the BEST polish I have ever used! I've read the other reviews and I must say that there is a simple trick to getting a good, lasting mani from this. You MUST use their base coat! One coat of their base coat "Strong Adhesion Base Coat" made all the difference in the world! I used one coat of China Glaze colored polish over that, after letting it dry a reasonable amount of time, and that lasted over a week without a top coat, and NO chipping or peeling. Just some slight wearing on the tips. That's it! It's beautiful!

Every time I've used this, it chips and peels very quickly, sometimes within one day. I don't do activities that are particularly rough on my hands either. If you're just painting your nails for a fun little ritual, or only need it to last a day, don't pay the price for this. Get some other cheap brand that will be just as short-lived. If you want a decent polish, go with OPI or Essie.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'll admit I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to buying nail polish. I usually buy the Sally Hensen Iine (the cheaper ones) when I decide to paint my nails. However, a while back I picked up some China Glaze in "Nice Caboose!" at Ulta because it was on clearance for half price. I didn't use it until just the other day, and I will definitely be getting more of this polish. I noticed right away that it went on smooth. I tend to apply polish rather thick, which normally leads to bubbles. Not with this polish. I was really surprised that it dried rather quickly, evenly with no bubbles! I am looking forward to getting more colors! The only reason I gave 4 stars is because I don't know how long it lasts without chipping, and didn't feel right giving 5 stars without having worn it for just a few days. (So far so good, though!)

on 4/18/2016 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I find these polishes to be to opaque, I would need at least 3 coats to get the actual color to show. It also takes a long time to dry even with a quick dry top coat. I have since thrown all my China Glaze polishes away, thank goodness I only bought 2-3 bottles.

on 1/24/2016 5:02:00 PM

Not the best, but not the worst either. China Glaze is definitely not my favorite brand, but there are a lot of ChG's that I think are really great. I own and love Fairy Dust, Ruby Pumps, For Audrey, Snow Globe, Dorothy Who, Point Me to the Party, Liquid Crystal, Grass is Lime Greener, Four Leaf Clover, and Blue Year's Eve. But that's it for now. My nail polish collection is 200+ and I have actually swapped or given away most of the ChG's I've tried.

As a brand, it has been very hit-or-miss for me. Mostly misses. I prefer OPI, Essie, Zoya, and Butter London in terms of color and formula. Also, their brush is too thin and I don't like their big, funny-shaped bottles. Not great for storage.

I don't gravitate toward the ChG display when I go shopping for nail polish, but if the right one came along I would definitely snap it up.

Overall, would buy it again.

on 12/30/2015 12:14:00 PM

I don't understand why this is such a popular polish. It was not impressive at all.

The brush is very thin and that makes it more difficult to use. Maybe this is more common in american polishes? My Sally Hansen polish also had a very thin brush.

Anyway. The polish was not opaque enough and this resulted in me having to paint 3 layers, which was way too thick and wouldn't dry very nice (you know, when the polish feels dry but you get nicks whenever you touch something). It is just not worth the money.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

China Glaze is one of my favourite nail polish brands. They have some of the best shades out there and I find they last a reasonable amount of time on my nails (on par with OPI) considering most nail polishes come off within a day or 2 for me. China Glaze is also cruelty free and have vegan products!

Just got a professional manicure using a China Glaze polish, and it only lasted a couple of days before it started to chip off. I don't think I had this problem with OPI! I give a rating of two and not one just because I've only tried one color so far, but I will try to avoid this brand.

In my search to find a really good nail polish that would last at least a week,(polishing nails is not on the top of my list of things to do) I came upon the Ever Glaze Polish in Sally's. The sales woman assured me that it was indeed a lasting nail polish when use along with the Endless Wear top coat. It was a little pricey for me, because I'm use to buying the 2.99 polish. The colors were beautiful and I couldn't wait to do my nails and not worry about them chipping in a day or two. I polish my nails, and was happy that they did not take a long time to dry (I hate waiting for nails to dry) Well the next day my polish started chipping and peeling. Thinking that maybe this was a flute, I decided to do them over. Next day same thing, on day two my nails look like they had not been done in two weeks or more. they looked a mess! I thought about returning the polish back to the store, but didn't feel like the hassle so I just decided that I would never purchase anymore. I read the reviews, most was positive but this polish just didn't work for me.

on 4/12/2015 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Save your money! These polishes are horrible quality. it's only hours after painting your nails that the polish starts to chip and peel off.

Popular Polishes