Philosophy Pure Grace

Philosophy Pure Grace

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Omg this is HORRIBLE!!!! I applied one spray to my wrist and it was SO overpowering and headache-inducing!!! It's like...old lady and strong (SUPER STRONG!!!) soap. Far out!! I had to wash it off. I purchased from David Jones online. Lucky they have a good returns policy. I wouldn't even give this to any of my friends as it was that bad. Save your money.

on 12/25/2016 7:39:00 PM

This fragrance brings back summers during my teen years when I close my eyes and spray it on. I can't grasp exactly what it is I'm recalling---you know how a scent reminds you of something, but it stays just out of reach. But it's there, and it's definite---summertime, in the most authentic way.

Pure Grace is clean and fresh, period. I'll wear it anytime of year. It's great to find a fragrance like this when the market is glutted with fragrances that smell like cupcakes, honeybuns, pie, cake, straight-up sugar, etc. I sure as hell don't want to smell like baked goods...I want to smell like a woman.

It's true that the staying power of this scent isn't great, but you can improve it a lot by spraying it on your clothes and your hair instead of your skin.

on 11/14/2016 12:50:00 AM

Love at first smell definitely exists, at least for me. Theres something so warming about this perfume - it makes my stomach flip. I'm in love with how fresh and clean it smells and the perfume seems to last forever. The guy I'm seeing always mentions how I always smell like Me (meaning this perfume), I have no idea whether its bad or good but sometimes his clothes/closet/room/life just ends up smelling like Pure Grace.

Come to think of it I feel like this is quite a unisex perfume just because it works on anyone's skin really - its a versatile scent.

I got this as a gift set with the body lotion, shower gel and the perfume. Funnily enough, the solo perfume and the gift set was basically the same price so I went with the gift set. I have yet to use the other items but I'm excited to see how the smells layer with the different products.

on 1/31/2016 7:29:00 AM

I want to love this. I really do! It has an old school copper tone site about it. It's clean but not in a sweet soapy way which makes it sexy. My complaint. It doesn't last. I layer it using shower gel, cream,body spritz and finally EDT. Gone within minutes. Such a shame.

I love the smell of Pure Grace, however the scent does not last long. I have tried bathing with the bath body wash, layering with the perfumed lotion, and applying the perfume after showering. The fragrance will last perhaps two-three hours before re-applying is necessary.

If anyone has a trick please share.

on 6/28/2015 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this! It is clean and fresh but with a warmth of vanilla or something just delicious!! Makes me feel happiness every time I put it on!!! This is so easy on the senses. We all love it here at my house so that is a plus! I am on the hunt for the edp as I just need it in all it's forms. :)

on 3/23/2015 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love all of the philosophy's perfume. they're all clean and feminine.. not too strong, just clean and fresh. I understand that it can be hard for some to get used to it as it smells like fresh laundry - however it is feminine in its own way. love this!

on 3/23/2015 8:20:00 AM

This perfume is like a soapy musk, I can't describe it, but you want to smell it more and more. People ask you what the scent is if you wear it. It smells very similar to the type of perfume that is aerated in the MGM grand hotels in Vegas. It's a very positive, clean and warm scent.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of my favorite from Philosophy. It's different from any other scent I've tried on the market because it's just clean. Nothing more and nothing less. This fragrance is soap-and-water clean and fresh. It's easy and simple. Like another reviewer said, it's good to have during the day so you can just have a clean smell rather than nothing at all or something over the top. It does last well, too, especially spritzed on right after a shower. I can understand where the "old lady" comments are coming from but I don't agree. If I did, I'd still wear this stuff.

on 1/25/2015 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this on a cruise ship, (duty free and with a coupon) and I fell in love! The price is great. It lasts a good deal of time, probably 6-7 hours max. Smells CLEAN and fresh, like I just took a shower and did laundry! I prefer this over any "Clean" brand fragrance. It is not old-ladyish at all and I don't understand the negative comments that say this. It is NOT a PERFUME so not something to wear at night, but the perfect day-time scent for every day occasions like going to school or running errands when you don't want to be scentless but not worth spritzing your other 100$+ perfume. Excellent buy, I'd repurchase over and over, even not duty-free!

Popular Fragrances