Philosophy Pure Grace

Philosophy Pure Grace

3.8

on 2/28/2018 3:03:00 PM

I would love to rate this with 5 stars but sadly, I cannot due to the complete lack of staying power. The fragrance makes my heart soar. I wish there were a way to make this last! It is the perfect clean, soap and water with light white musk scent - not too perfumey and no harsh notes. It just smells like you have been lounging in a luxurious bubble bath all morning and then slipped into some fresh linens.

I put this on at 9am and by noon it is completely gone. Like not even a trace remains. When I walk by other women and catch a faint scent of their fragrances, I am jealous. I want my fragrance to last all day, too - or at least more than a couple of hours.

I tried to make this work by carrying it around with me. It is too much maintenance having to respray so often, and I went through a bottle like water.

One reviewer below had an excellent tip to spray on clothing rather than skin. I doused one of my scarves in it and it it did hold the fragrance better. So that will work if you are determined to wear this for a night out, but I wish I could just wear the fragrance on my skin.

Edit: I have come to accept this for what it is - a temporary fragrance mist. This is not a perfume that you are going to put on your pulse points and have it with you for hours. It is basically like a very weak body spray that might scent your clothes for a little while. I hope they make a stronger version of it.

A soft clean scent. This is nowhere near the CLEAN Line. While CLEAN is loud and screechy, Pure Grace is quiet and soft. It totally smells like soap water.
Only thing that irritates me is that the drydown is heavy on the musk. I'm not sure which note causes that, but it smells like someone who tried to mask a cigarette smell with clean perfume. Somehow dusty and musky.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Omg this is HORRIBLE!!!! I applied one spray to my wrist and it was SO overpowering and headache-inducing!!! It's like...old lady and strong (SUPER STRONG!!!) soap. Far out!! I had to wash it off. I purchased from David Jones online. Lucky they have a good returns policy. I wouldn't even give this to any of my friends as it was that bad. Save your money.

on 12/25/2016 7:39:00 PM

This fragrance brings back summers during my teen years when I close my eyes and spray it on. I can't grasp exactly what it is I'm recalling---you know how a scent reminds you of something, but it stays just out of reach. But it's there, and it's definite---summertime, in the most authentic way.

Pure Grace is clean and fresh, period. I'll wear it anytime of year. It's great to find a fragrance like this when the market is glutted with fragrances that smell like cupcakes, honeybuns, pie, cake, straight-up sugar, etc. I sure as hell don't want to smell like baked goods...I want to smell like a woman.

It's true that the staying power of this scent isn't great, but you can improve it a lot by spraying it on your clothes and your hair instead of your skin.

on 11/14/2016 12:50:00 AM

Love at first smell definitely exists, at least for me. Theres something so warming about this perfume - it makes my stomach flip. I'm in love with how fresh and clean it smells and the perfume seems to last forever. The guy I'm seeing always mentions how I always smell like Me (meaning this perfume), I have no idea whether its bad or good but sometimes his clothes/closet/room/life just ends up smelling like Pure Grace.

Come to think of it I feel like this is quite a unisex perfume just because it works on anyone's skin really - its a versatile scent.

I got this as a gift set with the body lotion, shower gel and the perfume. Funnily enough, the solo perfume and the gift set was basically the same price so I went with the gift set. I have yet to use the other items but I'm excited to see how the smells layer with the different products.

on 1/31/2016 7:29:00 AM

I want to love this. I really do! It has an old school copper tone site about it. It's clean but not in a sweet soapy way which makes it sexy. My complaint. It doesn't last. I layer it using shower gel, cream,body spritz and finally EDT. Gone within minutes. Such a shame.

I love the smell of Pure Grace, however the scent does not last long. I have tried bathing with the bath body wash, layering with the perfumed lotion, and applying the perfume after showering. The fragrance will last perhaps two-three hours before re-applying is necessary.

If anyone has a trick please share.

on 3/23/2015 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love all of the philosophy's perfume. they're all clean and feminine.. not too strong, just clean and fresh. I understand that it can be hard for some to get used to it as it smells like fresh laundry - however it is feminine in its own way. love this!

on 3/23/2015 8:20:00 AM

This perfume is like a soapy musk, I can't describe it, but you want to smell it more and more. People ask you what the scent is if you wear it. It smells very similar to the type of perfume that is aerated in the MGM grand hotels in Vegas. It's a very positive, clean and warm scent.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of my favorite from Philosophy. It's different from any other scent I've tried on the market because it's just clean. Nothing more and nothing less. This fragrance is soap-and-water clean and fresh. It's easy and simple. Like another reviewer said, it's good to have during the day so you can just have a clean smell rather than nothing at all or something over the top. It does last well, too, especially spritzed on right after a shower. I can understand where the "old lady" comments are coming from but I don't agree. If I did, I'd still wear this stuff.

Popular Fragrances