4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I'm not quite sure why I purchased this shadow - probably because of the high rating here and reading that it had been discontinued (much to the disappointment of several previous reviewers) and now reformulated and brought back. This, coupled with MAC's recent 25% off, was enough to have me heading off to my local MAC and adding this to my purchase. It's not a bad shadow, per se, but it's sort of flat and dull and I really have minimal need for it as I've got quite a few really similar shades. And I don't tend to wear dark, matte grey shadows that much - I prefer something with a bit more "sheen". I'll use this - pressed onto liner or lightly as a crease and outer corner shade but I think I only bought it because I got caught up in its popularity, the fact that it came in a pro pan and the offer of 25% off an already low price. In hindsight, I probably should have bought Bronze (a shade I've wanted and keep forgetting to purchase) or maybe Knight Divine, which has a bit of sheen.

About reviewer (1490 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

3 months ago

This is what I wanted MAC's Scene to be like! It is pigmented, smooth, and lasts well (over a grey pencil/base, as medium or light greys generally aren't the best at lasting). It is a beautiful blue-grey. The saleswoman told me it has been reformulated along with MAC Carbon and so those are both very good quality now.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

8 years ago

My first ever mac eyeshadow! Got it when I was 15! Still have the same one!! Just read the other reviews and very sad to hear it's been discontinued! Still love this shadow, it's great for a day time smoky look, as it is only very light blackish/grey, would also be lovely for a night time look also! :) would definitely recommend this if anyone can get their hands on it that is :)

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I'd buy it again, but it's discontinued... luckily it will likely last me forever! Sometimes I use this in the outer corner, but most often I wet an angle brush, swipe through greystone and use it as liner. Much more subtle for day than black liner. The pigmentation is amazing, but is still quite buildable - I find that I can use it with a light hand for a sheerer look, or add a few layers for a dark smokey lid.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

10 years ago

Greystone was one of my first MAC e/s purchases. I love this bluish-grey shade so much. I use it more than any of my other shadows. It makes the perfect smokey eye and is very pigmented. I Iike to swipe a thick line of NYX's jumbo eye pencil in Black Bean on the top lid then layer Greystone over it and smudged to the crease. Awesome everyday look.

About reviewer (726 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Dark

HairBlack

11 years ago

So glad I swapped for this! Greystone is an awesome slate blue matte. It has a dark grey look to it, but it's blue. It makes my dark blue eyes look so much lighter and greyer, which is perfect. I love using this as an all-over lid color, the only complaint is the texture, if this were a matte2 I would be so happy. I have no idea what happened to this, if it got discontinued or what, but It's gone now, definitely get this if you get your hands on it!

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

11 years ago

Lovely smoky colour, great when you want a dark, smoky eye but a bit more subtle than black. I normally use black eyeliner, either liquid or smudged pencil, every day for a 60s look - this is a great one to build up a line. I put a tiny bit of water on the back of my hand, wet a stiff eyeshadow brush, then dab it in this shadow. Created a lovely, smooth grey eyeliner effect that lasts for ages and doesn't fade or smudge. Have tried using this as a shadow over entire eyelid (lashes to crease) and too patchy and dry, so I just use as a liner.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

12 years ago

This is a nice gray with a slight purple tint, great smooth texture, works with my NW23 coloring. Perfect contour color.

About reviewer (178 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrown

13 years ago

Love this beautiful matte dark grey-blue! It's my favorite, even though I'd never worn anything like it before a MAC artist showed it to me. I use it as a base on the lid under shimmery products (pinks, silvers, peaches, bronzes- they all work!). I use it most days in the crease. It's nice in the V shape to really make my hazel eyes pop. Love this so much I would be hard-pressed to give it up at gunpoint! :)

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

3.0

14 years ago

It looked too blue and hated the color, but liked the formula. I have oily lids. Michelle

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age