Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser

Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser
Positively Radiant Cleanser

3.2

Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Soyamidopropyl Betaine, Di PPG 2 Myreth 10 Adipate, Polyethylene Glycol 25 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Ethanol, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth 10 Hydroxypropyl Dimonium Chloride, Mica, Sodium Hydroxide, Titanium Dioxide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium 10, PEG 14M, Quaternium 15, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance 6/2/09

This is overall a solid cleanser for me. I have normal to dry skin and I did not have any expectations for this cleanser to improve my skin tone or hyperpigmentation. The price is good, around $6-7 for 6.7 oz. The packaging is excellent, with a pump that can easily be relocked to avoid accidental spills. There is a light fragrance that I find pleasant. I do not use this to remove makeup (I have an oil/makeup wipe routine for that). For me this is a solid repurchase down the line cleanser, for several reasons: (1) the pump packaging that can be locked is important to me and makes this product convenient for travel, overnight trips, or gym bag; (2) the price is affordable and the brand frequently is on sale; and (3) accessibility of this product is easy and ubiquitous. Is this a unique "must try" cleanser? No. But if you have the right expectations and needs, it fills a basic need.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this cleanser about 6 months ago, because i wanted something that would clean my skin well and not leave it feeling tight and dry like most cleansers for my oily skin do.

This product breaks down my makeup very well, and leaves my face clean and soft after use. No intense scent and is gentle enough for everyday use.

I will be continuing to repurchase this cleanser.

on 11/25/2016 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Decent cleanser for the price

Not good for combination/oily skin.

on 9/18/2016 12:17:00 AM

This is a gentle cleanser, but not so gentle that it leaves tons of residue behind. Does not dry me out unlike the vast majority of cleansers. I do feel it somewhat brightens my complexion as advertised. My only complaint is that the pump doesn't pump enough product, I usually have to use 4-5 pumps each time I wash my face. Also, this doesn't lather too well...but perhaps this is a good thing, making it less drying to my skin.

This is one of the better face washes that I've come across in a while. It's great for daily use, it cleans your skin very well without stripping it of necessary moisture and it is truly non-irritating and has no weird smells. This is coming from someone with very oily skin who finds the endlessly peddled "dermatologist recommended" Cetaphil cleanser to be both surprisingly irritating and disappointingly ineffective. So this one truly is gentle yet also effective. It's a dependable and affordable daily face cleanser that's great when you want something that does the job well and is readily available so that you don't have to think twice about it. Personally, I don't want to have to worry about ordering online or making a special trip to Sephora or Ulta every time I run out of face wash. I would recommend having other products on hand for days when you want to really exfoliate or do a deep cleanse or need to remove heavy eye makeup or have acne and want a medicated face wash because this cleanser is definitely none of those things. This just a gentle daily cleanser that actually cleans really well and won't dry out or irritate your skin, and that's about it. That's good enough for me, but depending on your face wash needs or expectations your mileage may vary.

on 6/17/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't have anything nice to say about this cleanser, really.
At the end of the day? I suppose it did it's job of cleaning my face. However, I discovered that this product triggers massive cystic outbreaks on my skin (despite it's non-comodegnic, hypoallergenic claims).

I literally have had less acne washing my face with my bar soap. In a single day of avoiding the Aveeno face wash, my skin calmed down: my inflammation of current breakouts was significantly reduced & the new breakouts were receding.

Just put this one back on the shelf & walk away.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It says "hypoallergenic" on the back, but no. It has a strong, perfume like scent which I tend to avoid at all costs when it comes to facial cleansers. If you have sensitive skin, this cleanser is definitely not for you. As soon as I put it on my eyes got irritated and hurt a bit from the strong scent and it really wasn't close to them at all. Besides that, it's a pretty basic face wash.

on 1/3/2016 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know how well this is evening my skin tone and texture but this is one of the very few cleansers I've used that didn't completely dry out my face. I like the smell of it. It smells just like the clear complexion line. It seems to take off makeup really well but then again, I don't wear any heavy duty stuff- just primer, regular wear foundation and powder. No mascara or anything.
***EDIT*** It did end up drying out my face :( Also when you pump some in your hand and hold it up to sunlight it has glitter in it! It looks iridescent. I don't trust that. That's artificial radiance! lol

on 11/1/2015 4:16:00 PM

I've been using this cleanser for over 6 months. I bought it for the cleansing, the natural botanicals, as well as the claims that it would brighten my skin and even my skin tone.
It cleans well, has no real smell and takes my make up off without burning my eyes. I usually have to use an eye makeup remover or a cleansing cloth to get the last of my mascara off. It's a little pricey but a little goes a long way. It also has a pump which is a plus.
As far as all those claims about brightening and evening my skin tone........I haven't seen anything. None. Nada. Nothing. I will use the remainder- I'm almost out- but I won't repurchase.
I'm willing to bet Jennifer Aniston didn't get that gorgeous skin from using this. Just sayin'.