Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

3.5

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

I love this stuff. I normally use it as a hand balm and on occasion put it on my face if I have a dry bit that needs overnight fixing. Don't love the smell but it fades quickly and it's worth it for a product that is super rich and comforting.

I love it even more after a recent allergic reaction that caused my face to dry up and peel. Very tight skin, stinging and uncomfortable. Everything else I tried caused stinging (Eucerin, Aloe Vera) so I put a layer of this on and it has been the only cream that causes no stinging and lasts for a decent amount of time. My skin is drinking lotion so I have had to reapply regularly, but it is brilliant stuff.

Tube is sturdy btw, for those concerned about the packaging. Travelled with it, thrown it the handbag, still going strong.

on 1/14/2009 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is another one of those cult favorites that I can't bring myself to like.

I bought this based on a model review from some site I can't recall right now. She had gorgeous skin and was going on about how it's all about moisturizing your face and body. She claimed her HG was Skin Food, even on her face, and being the sucker that I am I was convinced I HAD to have the product too.

So I went out and found myself a tube. Smelled it, tested it a bit on my hand, and was pretty turned off. Didn't make sense to me how anybody would put something that thick and fragrant anywhere near their face. But I decided to trust the woman, and bought it.

Took it home, and that night I washed my face and planned to slap some on. But after squirting a dab out, I just couldn't bring myself to follow through. The scent was overwhelming. I like a subtle and fresh fragrance in my face products, if at all. I ended up using the cream on my feet and hands instead.

The cream is very thick and greasy. It's hard to spread at first, but thins out with your body heat. It doesn't get absorbed into the skin, but just sits there like a greasy, shiny film. And again, it smells very strongly. I really don't even like to use it on my hands or feet, because I can't touch anything afterwards without leaving grease stains. Ugh. But I'm making myself use the tube up...

Video Reviews & Tutorials