Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 1/5/2019 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I love Weleda Skin Food, but should say at the outset that it's not for everyone. Some background on my skin: now that I'm nearing 52, my skin is on the drier side in winter and I use RetinA every night. Skin Food gives me such a rich, deep moisturizing treatment, but it it may be on the oily side for some. There is a natural fragrance, but I like it. The price is fair because I've found that so little is needed for the face. It's a HG for me and I would really recommend it for women 40+.

on 1/1/2014 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't get what everyone sees in this cream. I have very dry hands and elbows, so I wanted to try this for this purpose, but no luck! Does not sink in, smells horrible, does not moisturise anything. It basically just sits on top of the skin and does nothing. Will not repurchase.

on 12/12/2012 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I normally use Sea Buckthorn hand cream, but for the winter I prefer this one.
Leave my hands hydrated and I love how it smells! It's always in my bag ;)

on 10/27/2011 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this after devleoping some rough, dry skin on my cheeks and figured that it would be useful during the cold New England months. I typically have pretty normal skin, a breakout every once in a while, but my skin is very reactive to seemingly random things. After reading that people have used this as a face cream, I decided to give it a try. I love using thick creams in the winter; La Mer is a fav, but there are a couple of things I don't like: 1) the PRICE and 2) it does tend to give me little red bumps around my eyes. On the other hand, I love that Skin Food is more natural, and the smell that others have complained about does not bother me that much; I don't find it all that strong. It kind of does "tingle" my cheeks a little right after application, but I haven't experienced any redness or other irriatation (and hope it stays that way!). No breakouts to speak of...will update if this changes! I think if you are using this as an all over facial cream, and your skin is NOT dry, it's going to be waaay to heavy. However, if you have dry skin, or patches of roughness, and plan to use it for "spot treatments", it will be very soothing. It smooths out dry, flaky areas of skin pretty well, but I find that I need to reapply a couple of times a day. If you are buying this as a hand/body cream, I think there are much better alternatives for a more reasonable size/price. However, if you are like me, and love thick face cream in the winter, but don't want to pay $150/oz, give this a shot! I like the tube packaging, and find it very easy to travel with, as well as sanitary. Have not experienced problems with the tube cracking, as others have said, but I have not gotten to the point where I need to roll it to squeeze out the product, either.
**Tip**...I find the best way to apply this is to take the desired amount, rub it in-between your fingers, and pat into your face. This warms the cream, and makes it easier to spread, and helps it sink in faster.

on 10/11/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Based on reviews and recommendations, I purchased this for use on my combination, acne-prone skin. What a terrible idea. Not only did it fail to moisturize the dry patches at all, it gave me terrible breakouts on my chin. My chin was the only acne-free part of my face up until I began using this and now I'm nursing two painful cystic bumps and six...yes, six...smaller pimples. I'm sure I'm quite the beauty queen with my flaky cheeks and pimply chin. The only reason I didn't give it one lonely star is because it is decent enough for the undereye area, but I admit I'm too scared to let it go anywhere near my face now.

*EDIT* I bumped up the rating because I love the smell and it is amazing at quelling hand and feet dryness. It isn't the product's fault my face is so #$%@ picky.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I'm on my 4th daz and I'm already lovin it. This is really amazing. I went to gym yesterday, I took bath, my skin was glowing (after long time...!!) THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR RECOMMENDING THIS MY LOVELY LADIES!!

on 10/3/2010 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

It smells divine, has a thick yet non greasy texture that I don't really mind putting on my face at night (this definitely wouldn't be a day product layering it with sunscreen would be way too thick by my standards!)

However I have eczema on my cheeks and for some reason Skin Food makes my cheeks break out in hives. However everywhere else it is lovely- it doesn't even seem to aggravate my eczema ridden hands! Strange I know.

on 1/5/2010 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

WELL, I MUST SAY I'M HOOKED ! I HAVE DRY SKIN THAT REALLY HURTS, DUE TO HORMONAL PROBLEMS, AND I TRIED CREME DE LA MER, YONKA, GALENIC AND OTHER STUFF, NONE OF THEM WORKED ! THEN I REMEMBERED I HAVE A TUBE OF WELEDA SKIN FOOD. NOT ONLY DID IT SOFTEN MY PARCHMENT SKIN SO IT LOOKS LIKE NORMAL HUMAN SKIN, BUT INDEED CALMED BREAKOUTS AND MY SKIN TONE IS EVEN AND GLOWING, LIKE I PUT SOME GOOD TINTED MOISTURIZER ON . I LOVE IT !

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this product for dry winter hands and cuticles. It's too thick for all over body use IMO and I think there are better moisturizers for that. The smell does take getting used to but I don't mind it. I've also heard that it's good for spot treating dry patches on the face or for protecting facial skin while doing outdoor winter activities like skiing. 4/5 lippies due to cost. If you just want to try it without having to commit $16 for a full sized tube, Target generally has minis near their Burt's Bees products for $2 or $3.

on 11/8/2009 1:56:00 PM

Fantastic all natural moisturiser. I keep this in my handbag and use it on my hands throughout the day. my hands are very soft thanks to this. I didn't think I can use this on my lips but it's great as a lip balm. I use this on my dry knees and elbows and at night I use this around my eyes. A very lovely multi-purpose product.