Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.1

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Do I see an organic 'Beauty Flash Balm'? 1 product that can multitask and have so many different uses is a product that I absolutely have to try! Unfortunately it just wasn't what I expected it would be and for one reason alone: it was too heavy. Nothing else bothered me about Skin Food other than its heaviness and inability to absorb into my skin - whether used on my hands, feet or roughest areas such as elbows or knees, it left a greasy after feel that I did not like (Lanolin perhaps?). The only use I did get out of this was as a lip treatment - a small dab each PM left overnight on lips and they would be softer and slightly plumper looking by the morning.

Bottom line: despite my high hopes, this is not the natural/organic alternative to my beloved Clarins Beauty Flash Balm...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Had to think twice about whether I would buy again or not. This very oily and nourishin cream is highly natural, so always worth more for our skin than chemicals. But the oil sits on the surface of your skin. It also smells of the more citronella-end of the citrus scent. The texture is amazing, that’s for sure. For a hand cream it might be ok if 1, you have really dry hands but also 2, you’re prepared for a thick cream to not penetrate and dry. It really coats your skin which can be a good or bad thing. I put it on my lips if I don’t have lip balm, rub it into spots like fingers, elbows etc. I’d buy again but not to use as frequently as I thought I would.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE ! i'm in love with skinfood. i usually get weleda's everon cold cream, but this is all target had. in my desperation to get rid of my lizardy eczema skin, i bought it and it transformed my skin in one application.

on 1/20/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Overall, not a fabulous moisturizer, but a good one for hands and a very good one for the face. For the face it is very good at moisturizing but not too greasy and really does soak in well. For the hands, being on the light side, wasn't enough of a moisturizer. The smell is very different and pleasant, kind of like an herbal and lemony smell. But because of the herbal note I wouldnt freshly apply this around anyone. Lets talk price. Ive seen this at CVS for....$19.00 a tube. And at online sites like Luckyvitamin.com or Vitacost.com, the same tube is round $7.50. At 7.50 I would definitely repurchase. Ingredients are the main reason I would buy it again, It has excellent skin nourishing ingredients like almond oil and lanolin, and beeswax provides that barrier to keep moisture in.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in March, after doing a ton of research. I found it at a natural health product store for a better price than I expected. (A little under $20 CAD.) My skin panicked and broke out badly when I applied it to my face, so I discontinued using it. Instead I use it for its intended purpose; areas of my body such as elbows, knees, feet, hands, and nails. It leaves those spots feeling deeply moisturized and very soft! I appreciate the natural ingredients that Weleda puts into their products. The scent is quite strong, I don't know how to describe it other than you can tell it's a herbal-y extract scent. I don't mind it but I wouldn't want it trailing along with me all day. I wish I could've had better results with using it on my face as some of the other reviewers have had, but I accept that everyone's skin reacts differently to products.

on 12/17/2008 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

this stuff has worked really well for me! i had a spot on my upper lip that was dry as a bone no matter what i put on it. It hurt when i smiled and looked a little weird. I used some of my friend's skin food because she'd been saying how good it was and i put it on twice while I was at her house (within an evening) and it felt better immediately! the next day i bought a tube of my own and within two days my lip dryness was gone. I use it on dry patches on my face or my hands. i use a little bit and i pat it on to my face which seems to work nicely especially for around the mouth dryness. Patting seems to work better so you don't have to rub it into your face roughly. I would definitely buy this again. Looking forward to using all of it up. personally i like the citrus-ish smell, doesn't bother me at all.

on 7/9/2008 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Considering all the rave reviews I am very underwhelmed by this product. I was really excited when I bought it, reasonable price ($AU20) for a decent sized tube, I bought it mainly because my acne product that contains 10% benzoyl peroxide is really drying out my normally very oily skin. When I first squeezed the cream out, a layer of oil came out, so I can see why people are apprehensive in putting it on their face. But because of my dry patches I've been applying layers and layers on face , and yet to break out. It's an ok product, but not my HG will keep looking for a better moisturiser. Also not a fan for my hands its abit too oily and takes too long to sink in. Due to the oily/dense factor I really thought it would be for dry skin, so I applied this cream liberally for a few weeks, skin STill remained flakey. One application of a cheap drugstore brand and I was set. Defintley will not repurchase, massive dissapointment.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

OMG HG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOVOVVVVEEEEEEE this stuff. Awesomeness. To give you a background, I have dry, acne prone skin skin, so i was looking for somehting very hydrating that wouldn't break me out. I also have the beginnings of a couple fine lines as well. This stuff has just worked amazingly. My skin is hydrated. The little breakouts I get at times from wearing makeup are also diminished. Not even joking, my skin looks like a dolls. I've never been as happy as i am with this stuff. Even my fine lines on my forehead have diminished a bit. I use about a pea size, warm it up in my hands, then use pressing motions to apply it all over my face. I would recommend this stuff to anyone whatever kind of skin they have because it just leaves your skin so smooth and soft, and just healthy looking. It can be a bit emollient so for those who have normal-oily skin I might recommend it as a night cream, but I use it in the day and love love love this stuff.

on 3/22/2008 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Really good product. It has rosemary extract which is an excellent antioxidant. It is very thick. I take a pea sized dab and melt it in my hands and then pat on my skin at night after my AHA and C serum. It works almost as well as Lush Skin's Shangri La at a much lower price.

This is great around the eyes and as a lip balm.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love to apply this stuff everywhere. I keep a tube in my bag incase I need it. It works really well at keeping lips supple and moisturized. I also mix a little with cetaphil creme and apply it on my body. Such a great all natural product.