Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.5

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 4/1/2019 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 9/10

This is a solid winter moisturiser for dry skin. I would avoid if you have combo-oily skin, as this cream is very thick and heavy. It has a similar texture to German formula Nivea Creme, but smells much nicer, like oranges. I slather this on before bed as it's too thick to wear under makeup. It's not super cheap but not expensive either - $23 AUD for 75 ml. I would repurchase.

on 2/16/2019 4:24:00 AM

For reference,I mainly use this on my face.
It is very moisturizing for dry skin but it has a few cons.
For starters,this won't get fully absorbed into the skin.It will moisturize it but it leaves this shiny,sticky layer on the face which doesn't go away.The only way to remove it is to blot with a tissue.If I don't,I look like a glazed donut and I don't like looking like that in public.
Also,because this is an extremely thick consistency,it takes ages to fully spread all over the face as it takes a long time to warm up on the skin and become more easily spreadable.That's something I don't like as I want a moisturizer that I can squeeze out of the tube and quickly spread all of over my face so I can move on to the other steps in my routine.
I don't use it in my morning routine anymore as it's very time consuming for me.I have little in the tube left which I will only use on my hands or other dry areas on my body overnight or as an overnight moisture treatment on my face(I still have to blot though).
I would repurchase(given that's it's quite cheap anyway) buy only for the latter reasons.

on 1/5/2019 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I love Weleda Skin Food, but should say at the outset that it's not for everyone. Some background on my skin: now that I'm nearing 52, my skin is on the drier side in winter and I use RetinA every night. Skin Food gives me such a rich, deep moisturizing treatment, but it it may be on the oily side for some. There is a natural fragrance, but I like it. The price is fair because I've found that so little is needed for the face. It's a HG for me and I would really recommend it for women 40+.

I bought a small tube of this after seeing Katie Jane Hughes raving about it constantly on Instagram and I have completely changed my skin care routine because of how good it is.

It smells (to me) strongly of gin and tonic. The consistency is like an oily cold cream, so it's best used warm (I put it on the back of my hand for a few minutes). On the first night i used it in place of a night cream over a serum and it was hard work rubbing it onto my face and i wasn't happy about the consistency, but it did sink in after a while. On the second night I used it as a night cream again but without the serum and it was easier. When i woke up on the third day my skin looked noticeably better. It's the fastest I've noticed such a significant improvement using a product for the first time. My skin looked clearer, blemishes seemed smaller, I had no dry patches and I looked refreshed.

Since then I've been using it every day and experimenting with different uses and I now use it every night (nice thick layer an hour or two before going to sleep), and i use it under heavy makeup. It makes watery foundations look great and makes your skin glow. I hardly ever use serum now because nothing I've tried is worth bothering with now that I use this. It's going to save me a fortune in moisturizers, serums and primers.

I've tried using it on my hands, which are often dry and slightly flaky, and even though I've not been consistent with it (once every few days) I've noticed a small improvement. They're still sometimes dry but never flaky any more.

I've also use it on my elbows a few times because they were so dry that they were starting to crack, and since then they've really improved, almost back to normal.

This is miracle cream. I will never be without it again.

on 9/20/2018 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is beautiful. It has a herbaceous citrus scent. It is so moisturing. It is heavy but does sink in. It is fabulous under makeup - it makes your skin glow. I use it on my cuticles. It does not clog my acne prone skin. I bought it mainly as a way to dilute blush and foundation. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a dewy finish on their skin. The ingredients are wonderful.

on 4/22/2018 8:15:00 PM

I am a nurse and I have to wash my hands or use hand sanitizers many, many times during a shift. From early fall well into spring, my hands are a mess with dry skin and peeling palms. I use a bunch of this on my hands before bed and it has really helped! It smells nice. It takes a while to sink in, and I wouldn't dream of using it on my face, but this is a great product.

on 10/24/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Somehow Weleda products and my skin are not a good match, the only products that my skin tolerates are the Almond products (for sensitive skin).
I bought the Skinfood for my dry hands, but my skin became very irritated and red from the cream. I had the same experience with the Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Hand Cream.
Don't think that if you buy natural products that it is always fine, the alcohol, fragrances and essential oils can be very harmful for the skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Fantastic! I use this as at night on my face a few nights per week. My skin leans dry and I don't break out (well anymore anyway).

It is thick and a bit greasy but you need to warm it up in your hands a bit before applying. I like the smell - it's kind of citrusy and earthy. Not bad. It really gives my skin excellent moisture and glow. Fine lines are plumped up. It's a bit heavy for everyday right now though. Winters in Chicago are pretty harsh so maybe I will use it more frequently in the upcoming months. But regardless I will buy again and again.

Oh it's great for hands, lips and heels as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I primarily bought this cream as a hand moisturiser (I've tried the lot from very expensive ones like Jurlique and Hand Chemistry to cheap ones like Neutrogena and nothing worked on my dry, chapped hands!) to help my ragged cuticles and dry skin. It worked brilliantly - I am a cuticles picker (especially on my thumbs!) and now the cuticles are soft so nothing is there to pick and my nails are nice and glossy. I massage in a small amount also during the day and it sinks in without a trace of stickiness.

Then I moved on to using it also on my elbows (first I used a sugar and coffee grains scrub to get the dry skin off) and my feet (here I recommend putting some sock overnight, especially if you are using a large amount of this cream) and anywhere where my body needed moisture the most. It keeps this very dehydrated and dry areas supple and soft.

I use it on my face as well now - as I work in a very well heated studio (I guess I am quite lucky here!) and my skin is constantly parched during winter so at night, after applying it on my hands I press them onto my face and add some more cream directly from the tube as needed (I try to avoid my T zone). I do not use it every night, maybe two times a week as when applied as overnight cream just made my face puffy and not very fresh looking in the morning but very comfortable during the night.

I need yet to try it as a mask (I think I would need to wipe off the excess) or apply it on a wet skin - maybe this would cause it to sink in better as an overnight treatment? We'll see.

I also pat a small amount of it over my makeup on top of my cheekbones to keep this area hydrated (it is unpleasant when this part of my face gets tight in winter) during the day but the amount needs to be really tiny, so that not to break up the makeup underneath.

The fragrance is moderate, citrusy and herbal, quite pleasant and it does not remain on the skin. It does not bother me nor it makes my eyes water when applied near the orbital bone.

I've never had any breakouts from it, the tube is more hygienic than any pot and you can squeeze the exact amount you need. BTW - The Body Shop sells these metal tube squeezers so it might be a good idea to get one to prevent the metal of the tube from breaking and leaking the oil.

A tube lasts me all winter and quite frankly makes lots of heavier creams I used to use during winter time, redundant. It is also much less pricy than any other cream that I used to use during winter so I keep on tube on my bedside table and another one on my desk in the studio (just to make a comparison here: Jurlique's hand cream is more than 3 times the price of Weleda SF and half as effective, a more effective imho than Jurlique Hand Chemistry hand cream is twice the price). 75 ml of SF is £10 so for me it is not that expensive especially that it seems to be the only cream I need during 5 months of winter time in Scotland.

on 9/20/2014 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Great moisturizer for very dry skin (body) like for elbows or hands. It is not a moisturizer for face. It is way too scented, rich and oily for that purpose. I think that the packaging (metalic bottle) is very uncomfortable to use and ugly. Hard to get out the last bit. Costs $18.
Some pople worry about the Lanolin as an ingredient. But according to their website:
Lanolin -
This hydrous wool wax is a natural component of the wool of sheep. It is obtained when the sheepís wool is sheered. The wax is compatible to the skin due to its oily sebum makeup, comprised of cholesterol like that found in human skin. It possesses the unique ability to absorb twice its own weight in water, protecting the skin against moisture loss. * The sheep that provide Weleda with its Lanolin are not harmed in any way. The Lanolin is extracted from the wool as part of the natural wool-sheering process. Only hypo-allergenic lanolin is used by Weleda, the pesticide residues having been reduced to levels below those for food limits.