Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.3

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 8/6/2018 2:55:00 PM

Edit: Dropped down to 3 lippies. The fragrance kind of bothers my eyes, and I no longer like using it as a hand cream because it's SO TACKY even after it dries down. Will not repurchase.

---

I'm not going to dwell on what other people have said: thick texture, herbal smell, awesome price. For reference, I have dry and dehydrated skin.

Here is how I use Skin Food:
1) Hair: This thing is SO GOOD at putting down small cowlicks. I have a halo of hairs that stand straight up, and one clump of hair near my hairline that also does something similar. This slicks it down (use only a TINY bit!) without making it look oily.
2. Eye cream: I use this very sparingly around my eye area. I use this from browbone to halfway down my nose. It's a great occlusive that also provides a bit of moisture. Occasionally (like once a week), I'll put a very thin layer all over my face.
3. Hand cream: I have insanely dry hands (not flaky... more like very dehydrated and overstretched skin that have no moisture at the fingertips), and I apply this at night to the back of my hands. I always avoid putting this on or between my fingers though; way too thick for that. It doesn't fix the dryness much but since it dries down to a non-slick finish, I'm more inclined to use it vs other hand creams.

This doesn't work well as a lip balm. It tastes like it smells (which isn't bad, but it tastes very bitter...), and isn't hydrating.

I have to mention that I LOVE the packaging. The metal tube makes it so that no air is going inside the tube. Ever.

If you're not sure about this product, they sell 0.34 ounce tubes (10 mL). I definitely recommend trying that first because the 1 oz or 3 oz will last you forever.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this. It has a herbal citris smell and is rich. Good for hands and cuticles. I gave mine to a friend with painfully dry hands because she had to wash them a lot. She said it helped. You do not need much to coat your hands as it is quite thick and .....how would I say, a little oily. I mean oily in a good way. I also like the calendula cream for babies. It makes a nice under eye cream as it is gentle. Weleda is awsome.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Weleda is one of those brands I innately trust, probably because it was around the house when I was a kid. I started out using this for dry hands, but at some point, I read an article about using Weleda on the face and I've been converted ever since.

This cream is thick and greasy. It sinks into skin very slowly, so it is not ideal for on-the-go or daytime use. Instead, I usually slather it on at night and go to sleep, and I'll wake up with gloriously moisturized, dewy, and plump-looking skin.

PROS
- I have SO MANY pros for this product, including that for some reason, it helped me grow out my sparse brows. I used to have really weak eyebrow growth but I started to sprout more hairs ever since I used this cream. Lo-and-behold, I have much fuller brows now and they're well conditioned.
- Aside from that, this is so moisturizing, soothing, and emollient to the point where it feels luxurious and pampering to use. In horrible Chicago winters, this keeps my skin from getting chapped
- It smells amazing.
- The price is amazing for for a face cream product.
- For me, the pansy or calendula or whatever minor ingredient actually helps heal acne and skin irritations.

CON
I can imagine two cons, but they don't necessarily apply to me.
1) This cream is very thick and not suited for daytime use. This is not a face cream you can just put on and leave the house with. It needs time to sink in, whether you are using it as a hand cream or as a face cream, so this wouldn't be very convenient as a daytime moisturizer.
2) Some people may experience skin sensitivity or acne from this product. It did not break me out, but that really is just me lucking out with the ingredients because many other things make my skin erupt like the ring of fire. I am not sensitive to natural lanolin or any of the other ingredients, but I do know other people who are extremely sensitive to lanolin. It all really depends on what your skin prefers.

In general, Weleda skinfood has replaced any night cream or nighttime moisturizer I might have splurged on, and it continues to keep me from ever considering spending a lot of money on more expensive skin care. This is honestly that one desert island product I would keep. I need this green tube like I need water. It definitely is suited for me. If it is suited for you, then you will love this product and your skin after using it.

FAVE USES
Nighttime face moisturizer, hair pomade, natural highlighter

As a face moisturizer: you really have to warm this up and work it in if you use this on your face. If you straight up apply this to your face and try to rub it in, it will tug on your skin and be difficult to work with. I like to put a generous dab on the back of my hand, and then warm a little bit at a time between my fingers until it is soft and workable before I press it onto my skin. When done, I look like a greaseball, but it soaks in while I sleep. I use this after all other face products and treatments like my toner and serum.

As a pomade: I break out from most hair pomade. However, this works wonderfully on my skin, and it's sticky enough to function as one. This is great to slick back a ponytail or bun. I'll just warm the *tiniest* bit between my hands and then smooth back stray hairs to give them a very natural hold.

As a highlighter: this gives a nice moisturized sheen when I want that glowy, dewy, no-makeup look. I like dabbing this on my cheekbones, on my cupid's bow, on the tip of my nose, and along my brow bone.

on 12/7/2014 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This cream smells exactly like the stale air in an airplane.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells like lavender and some sort of citrus oil blend.

Despite wearing lots of sunscreen, I still got a sunburn at band camp, and my dad said my face looked like a monkey's butt. I was upset enough to wear a giant banana leaf hat for two days afterwards, so Mom bought some cosmetics for me on condition that I stop wearing the hat. It encourages Asian stereotyping, she said.

She bought me a new sunscreen, witch hazel toner, Skin Food, and that insanely expensive albatross highlighter by NARS. That was four months ago, and I still haven't used the highlighter because Skin Food brightens the skin so well.

The cream is really thick and oily, but not slick like Vaseline. It's almost like a paste with oil, and it's hard to spread around, so I tend to press it in. I apply the witch hazel twice, tapping it in the first time only. The second time I leave it wet on my face, then press in the Skin Food cream, moving it upwards and tapping at random. It absorbs better this way, so skin looks well-moisturized instead of oily. Also it's nice not having to rub one's face so hard that it turns red. The witch hazel softens the cream, making it easier to absorb or blend or whatever it is that creams and faces do.

The most interesting thing about this cream is that it gives the skin a glow that other brands of cream do not. It's not because the cream is so oily that it makes the skin shiny, either. It's a clean, healthy look. It makes me look well-rested even when I pull three-nighters.

The packaging is nice, doesn't look too posh, none of that expensive-looking nonsense with finger smudges all over. It's not so good for putting in one's pocket (or purse, as I guess most of you beautiful ladies prefer) because it melts and makes the cap really messy. I flattened and rolled the top part of mine, and now there's a tiny hole, so don't do that either; flattening it is fine, but don't fold it.

The packaging and scent are unisex, which is very helpful for men and vain tomboys like me. But as great as the citrus scent is, I believe those oils make the skin more photosensitive, so be sure to wear sunscreen with this. Unfortunately, the cream is thick enough to make any extra layers uncomfortable, but then again, Weleda's Calendula baby cream has a similar texture and gives a similar glow, although the scent is far less pleasant.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I'm on my 4th daz and I'm already lovin it. This is really amazing. I went to gym yesterday, I took bath, my skin was glowing (after long time...!!) THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR RECOMMENDING THIS MY LOVELY LADIES!!

on 1/13/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Just like everyone else, I have combination, breakout, sensitive skin, and this stuff works. The smell isn't too bad, in my opinion, and it doesn't sting if the area is sensitive. Price wise, high for a drug store brand yes, but in the big scheme of things, compared to say, La Mer, this isn't anything. Hope this doesn't go anywhere, because I will die. I slather alot on and look like a greasy mess, but everything just gets soaked right up. Never, ever thought of putting this stuff on my face until I read the reviews, but sooo glad I did.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this product for dry winter hands and cuticles. It's too thick for all over body use IMO and I think there are better moisturizers for that. The smell does take getting used to but I don't mind it. I've also heard that it's good for spot treating dry patches on the face or for protecting facial skin while doing outdoor winter activities like skiing. 4/5 lippies due to cost. If you just want to try it without having to commit $16 for a full sized tube, Target generally has minis near their Burt's Bees products for $2 or $3.

on 6/22/2009 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Really moisturizing (no doubt), only complaint is that the product is really thick.

on 4/14/2009 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It does leave your skin super oily and doesn't seem to blend in well and tends to sit on top of it. I am on accutane now and my skin is beyond regular dry...and i am trying everything to calm it down. This does seem to moisturize it well, but my skin still dries up after 5-6 hours, so i am not wowed. The tube it comes in seems nice, but is hard to squeeze the product out from it.

Would work well as a good night moisturizer i suppose. Not wowed at all