Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.1

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

I was using the Nivea soft moisturizing crème, and I thought that nothing could beat it until I bought this moisturizer! It is fantastic I could see results after a few days, it moisturizes really well, it has an incredible scent, like food maybe that’s why the name is “skin food.” I know that you can’t eat it, but I would put it on my bread if I could!

It helped me with my acne which I got from another crème which I bought recently, so it’s good for that as well, I guess. It is a little greasy, and I wouldn’t use it under my makeup; I probably would go with the lighter version which I ordered right away!

It has natural ingredients, and I watched a Youtube video from Weleda they do have their own farm, and everything looks so lovely and clean, organized. I really love that product. It feels even better when you know where the ingredients are coming from!

BUY!BUY! 🤪

Bought it due to Katie Jane Hughes's praises on Instagram and have repurchased three times. My skin savior in the winter. I use it like Katie does: I warm up a good dollop on my finger tips so the cream breaks down into a thinner consistency, then apply it on the driest parts first, eg. my cheeks. I use the leftover on my nose and chin. Then I wait 5min before applying sunscreen. Really hope they never change the formula.

on 1/3/2019 5:12:00 PM

Do not use this if you have acne prone/sensitive skin, it will break you out as it is way too rich and full of oils.

on 1/2/2019 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cream is a lifesaver for my dry and temperamental skin in the winter. The texture is a bit off putting at first (it is very thick and tacky), but it has a light and refreshing (not floral, thankfully) scent, and it does absorb into your skin as long as you warm it a bit/give it some time to really sink in. I like to let Skin Food have at least ten minutes or so before continuing with any additional products, although usually I slather it on before bed and just wait to make sure my pillowcase doesn't end up greasy.

In the winter my skin does go kind of nuts, it gets dry from the cold and the heating system in my apartment, and while my usual face cream: Dr. Jart's Ceramidin Cream does wonders, sometimes I need a little extra. When my cheeks or nose are particularly chapped, Skin Food really helps to soothe and repair my skin. I don't use this on my face daily by any means (maybe every other, at most), and usually only apply it to areas that need it. But about once a week I'll apply it all over for a deep hit of moisture, which has really helped.

I've never used it as a highlighter, although I do see how it could work as one. When I wear this during the day, you can see a shiny sheen even after it has absorbed, so I either ignore that (if I'm just running to the gym or the grocery store, I don't mind so much!) or dust a little powder on top. I know some people are hesitant to use it on their faces, and I'd suggest trying it in a small area before going crazy, but I've been fortunate and only had good reactions. I do also use it on my lips, elbows, hands (especially cuticles), feet, and knees as well as any rogue dry spots that pop up! So if you're not sure about its use on the face, I'd still recommend it for the body.

Pros: the metal tube is lovely and I really like it/haven't had any issues with the container, it is a rich and deeply moisturizing cream that just takes a little getting used to, a nice fresh scent, the best product I've found for coaxing some normality back into my skin (face and body) in the worst stretches of winter.

Cons: the tacky texture might be off putting, and it you needed to use this over extensive areas of the body (I once applied it all over my legs and it took a lot of product), I don't think it is quite worth the price for such a small tube. Not a product to apply at the last minute, as it takes some time to really absorb.

Honestly a holy grail for me. I even use it on my face during winter and combine with some rose hip oil. It’s a good dupe for La Met at a quarter of the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am using weleda since long time with the experience of using this product is too good.This product provides necessary moisturizing to my skin.
I will recommend to use this product if you want to know the latest updates about skin products check out my website
www.yaseenbeautyproducts.com

on 11/15/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When my undereyes get super dry during the winter, this is literally the only thing that helps. I am sooo grateful that this exists, because otherwise my undereye area would be a dry, flaky, puffy and sad mess from November through March every year. Other highly moisturizing creams just increase irritation and sting, but this is so gentle while still being moisturizing that it doesn't cause any issues.

This is a heavy, heavy duty moisturizer. I use it sparingly and only on areas that really need it. It comes out of the tube super thick, so I usually warm it up on my hands before applying. This isn't something that you apply to your full face if you have normal skin, and it doesn't wear well under makeup for me because it's so thick (it's definitely a night cream when I put it on my face). It has a pleasant, herb-y smell that I find to be very soothing. Aside from my eye area, I use it on my lips too, and any areas that are especially dry during the winter months.

Bonus is that it also makes a great, natural-looking dewy highlight on your cheekbones! Love a multi-use product ;).

on 11/14/2018 11:28:00 PM

I've recently added this to my skin care routine now that the colder months are approaching and my skin has never been better. I use this at night more because it's thick and I really slather it all over my face and when I wake up in the morning my skin is so moisturized and makeup application is better because the dry patches are gone. I've stopped using eye creams and replaced it with this instead. I also mix with my hand creams for added moisture. I use it on my elbows, I mix it with Nuxe dry oil for my feet... I've incorporated it with everything because it's so good! I have it in the car, office, purse, everywhere! It's that good!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I followed the hype and bought myself a tube of this. After using it only one time on my face and hands I ended up with a greasy but dry feeling face and my hands were not moisturized at all. This was just a waste of $$ for me.

on 10/7/2018 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Despite the positive reviews on here and anywhere else on the internet, I was very sceptical about this cream because of its very rich, oil-filled ingredients list and the thick consistency. I was mainly worried about this breaking me out. Although, it didn't do any of that! This product is just fantastic. I don't use it alone over my face because my skin isn't that dry and this is honestly just too thick for me to use all over. But it's been a life saver for my dry patches this winter. Namely around the nose where I've spent too much time rubbing it with tissue during the colder months. The only products I think I've used that is superior to this in terms of healing my dry patches is Stratia Liquid Gold and Dr Jart Cicapair Cream... and that's saying a lot because those other two are magic! And I guess that explains why I gave this four lippie star and not five. It's amazing, but not the best I've used. Extra thumbs up for the affordability of this product too. It's much more readily available to me than Stratia or Dr Jart as well. AND I've ever used this to create my own cream highlighter by mixing a small squeeze of this with a powder highlighter on the back of my hand. It works so well that way too!

Overall, a great multurpose cream for dry skin without any irritation or breakouts from my end!