Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 12/15/2018 11:58:00 AM

Lots of people wear this on their face. My only issue is that it has some ingredients in it that aren't good for your face. Those ingredients aren't bothering me yet, but I hope the day doesn't come when I react to them, because this is an everyday staple for me. I wear this morning and night. It is really thick but I rub it in about 10 minutes before I start my makeup routine. Watch the Lisa Eldrige video where she uses this on Kate Bosworth. That's exactly the way I use it. HG for me and I'm a skincare junkie.

on 12/15/2018 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a tube at my local Whole Foods. Had to try it when I read that Rhianna is crazy about it. It lives up to the hype: non-irritating, deeply hydrating and soothing. I use it on my driest spots: feet, especially heels, shins, elbows, hands. I like to slather it on my feet before putting on thick cotton socks to make it penetrate faster. My only complaint is that it's a little pricey.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my HG cream when my face feels parched and my hands get chapped and rough, particularly in the cold months when the heat is on and sucking every bit of moisture from the air. It is super rich and a little goes a long way, this is one product I always have to remember I need to start off with just a little bit as I can always apply more but probably won’t need to. And the smell is refreshing, each time a treat for the senses!
My favorite use is at bedtime after washing where I will partially rub in a generous amount between my hands to liquify it, smear what I can from my palms all over my face, and work the rest in to the parts of my hands that need it the most until it is all fully absorbed. I wake up with my skin feeling super soft and it gets rid of those pesky fine lines that show up when my skin is dehydrated. I have somewhat sensitive skin but never had any issues while using skin food on my face.
I find the metal tube to be a luxury in today’s world where plastic is over used and abused, but I don’t like how it’s easily dented while carrying it in my purse so I keep it in the box for as long as I can. I highly recommend taking some care and squeezing from the end every time because any attempts to manipulate the shape of the tube may make it crack and product will always ooze out the tiny hole and make a mess.
Oh, this is a definite repurchase, it has been for the last 10 years or more!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. It is so moisturizing. It smells amazing. It never irritates my skin. You can use it to add highlights or a dewy look to your face - it instantly makes you look better. It is also amazing on your skin.
The metal tube easily cracks on the side, however, so you need to be careful when you use it. I have had to "decant" the remainder of a tube into little pots - which is not ideal from several standpoints, but it does mean I always have it with me.

If you have not tried this, do.

I use the skin food right before I put on my sunscreen in the morning. It's great for my mature skin, gives it that extra glow underneath my foundation and keeps it hydrated all day long. I use it at night after I put on my retin-a about 30 minutes as a buffer and it works great to cut down on flaking. It also works great on my elbows, heels and any dry spots that I have. I order off Amazon subscribe and save for an extra discount!

on 8/11/2018 7:03:00 AM

I have dehydrated but oily skin that is prone to breakouts (lucky me) and I am a huge fan of this product, which I have been using for a month.

I use a pea sized amount, warm it between my fingertips and tap it over my face. I then follow with an oil free moisturizer (Clinique Hydrating Jelly) which helps me to spread the Weleda Skin Food but isn't moisturising enough for me on its own. This way I'm able to add both water and oil based moisturising factors to my skin and control the percentages (I use more Skin Food at night, and less in the morning, so that I'm not as shiny during the day).

In only four weeks I have seen a dramatic improvement in the quality of my skin and the severity and frequency of my breakouts. I suffer from moderate acne, but within two weeks of switching to this regime almost all of my blemishes cleared and at the time of writing I only have two tiny pimples that can barely be seen.

I was quite worried about trying it on my face due to its thickness, but it's really delivered results for me. Fingers crossed it continues to do so!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Overhyped.
I like weleda shampoos, but nothing else.
This is a natural cosmetics brand the quality of the products is just avarage.
The cream is thick, waxy paste that gives zero hydration. Nivea cream is much better, believe me.
After two days of using this as a body balm my skin was greasy on top and cracky, dry and dehydrated underneath.

If you'd like to test that type of creams, go for Hauschka rose cream or Biologique Recherche ones. Much pricier, but worth it.
If you need something cheaper, Nivea in blue can is also worth trying.

on 5/8/2018 9:39:00 AM

I don't like the smell or the feel of the cream, but I use it occasionally on my elbows when the skin there get's super-dry. One application and problem solved! It's really strange, but the skin will feel so much better for several days - after one application.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is much different than most moisturizers I have used, but it is very nice. I like the herbal-citrus scent, and it doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive skin. It has a somewhat waxy-creamy hybrid feel, but since I have quite dry facial skin I like that, since it seems to be helping the moisture to sink in. The packaging is simple and nice, and for the amount of product I use each time I know the tube will last for a while. When I put it on my face I only use about a pea-sized amount, or maybe a little more, and then rub it in. It does leave my face shiny for a while, but when I wake up in the morning my skin looks and feels plumper and smooth. I do have reactive skin, and so far I haven't noticed any adverse effects in about a month of use. I've also used it on my hands, and I think it would be nice for dry feet and elbows as well.

on 4/18/2018 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This wasn't for me. I have rosacea on my cheeks and I had heard some use this for Rosacea but it made my cheeks burn. I had to wash it off. However some probably did soak in and when I woke up the next day my skin somehow looked different and brighter. Even so I can not use this and risk making it worse.