Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

Bought it due to Katie Jane Hughes's praises on Instagram and have repurchased three times. My skin savior in the winter. I use it like Katie does: I warm up a good dollop on my finger tips so the cream breaks down into a thinner consistency, then apply it on the driest parts first, eg. my cheeks. I use the leftover on my nose and chin. Then I wait 5min before applying sunscreen. Really hope they never change the formula.

on 11/15/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When my undereyes get super dry during the winter, this is literally the only thing that helps. I am sooo grateful that this exists, because otherwise my undereye area would be a dry, flaky, puffy and sad mess from November through March every year. Other highly moisturizing creams just increase irritation and sting, but this is so gentle while still being moisturizing that it doesn't cause any issues.

This is a heavy, heavy duty moisturizer. I use it sparingly and only on areas that really need it. It comes out of the tube super thick, so I usually warm it up on my hands before applying. This isn't something that you apply to your full face if you have normal skin, and it doesn't wear well under makeup for me because it's so thick (it's definitely a night cream when I put it on my face). It has a pleasant, herb-y smell that I find to be very soothing. Aside from my eye area, I use it on my lips too, and any areas that are especially dry during the winter months.

Bonus is that it also makes a great, natural-looking dewy highlight on your cheekbones! Love a multi-use product ;).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This stuff is amazing. The smell is so fresh and clean that i just love it. Its a rich moisturizing cream that actually nourishes the skin. I mostly use this as a hand and foot cream but have also used it as as lip balm and on my face during very dry winter months.

I always have multiple tubes around so that no matter where I am I can grab one to use.

on 10/7/2018 4:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Despite the positive reviews on here and anywhere else on the internet, I was very sceptical about this cream because of its very rich, oil-filled ingredients list and the thick consistency. I was mainly worried about this breaking me out. Although, it didn't do any of that! This product is just fantastic. I don't use it alone over my face because my skin isn't that dry and this is honestly just too thick for me to use all over. But it's been a life saver for my dry patches this winter. Namely around the nose where I've spent too much time rubbing it with tissue during the colder months. The only products I think I've used that is superior to this in terms of healing my dry patches is Stratia Liquid Gold and Dr Jart Cicapair Cream... and that's saying a lot because those other two are magic! And I guess that explains why I gave this four lippie star and not five. It's amazing, but not the best I've used. Extra thumbs up for the affordability of this product too. It's much more readily available to me than Stratia or Dr Jart as well. AND I've ever used this to create my own cream highlighter by mixing a small squeeze of this with a powder highlighter on the back of my hand. It works so well that way too!

Overall, a great multurpose cream for dry skin without any irritation or breakouts from my end!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Finally! I've found my hg moisturiser. What I needed was something for dry skin that is also acne prone. I was using Nivea before and that did the job but I still had some breakouts here and there. With Skin food, my skin is finally clearing up. Another factor that was important to me was that it had to be natural (tick) and in sustainable packaging (aluminium is very recyclable). It has a lovely light citrusy scent. The price is right and it's readily available almost any where in the world. I wish i had tried this sooner because I would have saved so much time and money.

on 5/23/2018 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've heard so much about Skin Food and so when it was on sale at Choices, I had to try it.

Great for my hands! I wash my hands A LOT due to a very busy work environment, and from all the washing and hand sanitizing, my hands are really parched. I layer on Skin Food before bedtime, and my hands feel so much better in the morning, and actually, for a few days afterward too. This is more like a balm, not a cream. I LOVE THE SMELL, but I know it won't be for everyone. Someone commented that it smells like a gin and tonic; they're not wrong!

I think once you try this, you'll realize that most "moisturizers" are just liquified, scented wax, that don't really do much than temporarily coat your hands. I can honestly say that my hands feel much more comfortable with Skin Food.

on 1/12/2018 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this on my face, mostly at night in the summer but sometimes when I have dry patches during the day in winter I'll use it then, too. I put a tiny amount on my fingers and pat it onto damp skin. My skin LOVES this product, and I love the herbal citrus smell. They sell a tiny travel/sample size tube, which should be plenty to find out if this product will work for your skin.

on 11/28/2017 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this on a whim to see what it could do for my oily/dry combination face (in hindsight, this super thick, emollient cream is not my best bet for daily use given that I don't have really dry skin). Fast forward to the chilly weather and dry indoors and my lips are the worst they've ever been. I was at a loss for what to use on the bleeding, cracking and flakiness - until I used a dab of this. This blows the dozens of balms I have used out of the water: it's thick, creamy and leaves my lips feeling hydrated and smooth. The cream itself is light so I apply sparingly if I am going out in public, but I slather this goodness on before bed and my lips are not chapped, cracked or flaking! The smell is a bit herbal and citrus-y, and this feels somewhat oily on the lips. I bought a 1 oz. tube for around $10 or so, and I don't know if I'm going to finish the tube but I would repurchase again if I ever run out!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Really great moisturizer, work quickly. But the smell is not my favorite. If you have dry skin, I recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Weleda is one of those brands I innately trust, probably because it was around the house when I was a kid. I started out using this for dry hands, but at some point, I read an article about using Weleda on the face and I've been converted ever since.

This cream is thick and greasy. It sinks into skin very slowly, so it is not ideal for on-the-go or daytime use. Instead, I usually slather it on at night and go to sleep, and I'll wake up with gloriously moisturized, dewy, and plump-looking skin.

PROS
- I have SO MANY pros for this product, including that for some reason, it helped me grow out my sparse brows. I used to have really weak eyebrow growth but I started to sprout more hairs ever since I used this cream. Lo-and-behold, I have much fuller brows now and they're well conditioned.
- Aside from that, this is so moisturizing, soothing, and emollient to the point where it feels luxurious and pampering to use. In horrible Chicago winters, this keeps my skin from getting chapped
- It smells amazing.
- The price is amazing for for a face cream product.
- For me, the pansy or calendula or whatever minor ingredient actually helps heal acne and skin irritations.

CON
I can imagine two cons, but they don't necessarily apply to me.
1) This cream is very thick and not suited for daytime use. This is not a face cream you can just put on and leave the house with. It needs time to sink in, whether you are using it as a hand cream or as a face cream, so this wouldn't be very convenient as a daytime moisturizer.
2) Some people may experience skin sensitivity or acne from this product. It did not break me out, but that really is just me lucking out with the ingredients because many other things make my skin erupt like the ring of fire. I am not sensitive to natural lanolin or any of the other ingredients, but I do know other people who are extremely sensitive to lanolin. It all really depends on what your skin prefers.

In general, Weleda skinfood has replaced any night cream or nighttime moisturizer I might have splurged on, and it continues to keep me from ever considering spending a lot of money on more expensive skin care. This is honestly that one desert island product I would keep. I need this green tube like I need water. It definitely is suited for me. If it is suited for you, then you will love this product and your skin after using it.

FAVE USES
Nighttime face moisturizer, hair pomade, natural highlighter

As a face moisturizer: you really have to warm this up and work it in if you use this on your face. If you straight up apply this to your face and try to rub it in, it will tug on your skin and be difficult to work with. I like to put a generous dab on the back of my hand, and then warm a little bit at a time between my fingers until it is soft and workable before I press it onto my skin. When done, I look like a greaseball, but it soaks in while I sleep. I use this after all other face products and treatments like my toner and serum.

As a pomade: I break out from most hair pomade. However, this works wonderfully on my skin, and it's sticky enough to function as one. This is great to slick back a ponytail or bun. I'll just warm the *tiniest* bit between my hands and then smooth back stray hairs to give them a very natural hold.

As a highlighter: this gives a nice moisturized sheen when I want that glowy, dewy, no-makeup look. I like dabbing this on my cheekbones, on my cupid's bow, on the tip of my nose, and along my brow bone.