Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.3

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 12/17/2018 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was recommended this product to help with peeling and dryness from Tretinoin cream. It’s been a godsend! I now use it daily on my face/neck/lips/hands. It does have a spa-like fragrance but it’s pleasant and doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin nor bother my chronic headaches. It absorbs into the skin quickly even though it’s a fairly thick product, leaving your skin soft and hydrated.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I followed the hype and bought myself a tube of this. After using it only one time on my face and hands I ended up with a greasy but dry feeling face and my hands were not moisturized at all. This was just a waste of $$ for me.

on 9/20/2018 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is beautiful. It has a herbaceous citrus scent. It is so moisturing. It is heavy but does sink in. It is fabulous under makeup - it makes your skin glow. I use it on my cuticles. It does not clog my acne prone skin. I bought it mainly as a way to dilute blush and foundation. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a dewy finish on their skin. The ingredients are wonderful.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. It is so moisturizing. It smells amazing. It never irritates my skin. You can use it to add highlights or a dewy look to your face - it instantly makes you look better. It is also amazing on your skin.
The metal tube easily cracks on the side, however, so you need to be careful when you use it. I have had to "decant" the remainder of a tube into little pots - which is not ideal from several standpoints, but it does mean I always have it with me.

If you have not tried this, do.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Overhyped.
I like weleda shampoos, but nothing else.
This is a natural cosmetics brand the quality of the products is just avarage.
The cream is thick, waxy paste that gives zero hydration. Nivea cream is much better, believe me.
After two days of using this as a body balm my skin was greasy on top and cracky, dry and dehydrated underneath.

If you'd like to test that type of creams, go for Hauschka rose cream or Biologique Recherche ones. Much pricier, but worth it.
If you need something cheaper, Nivea in blue can is also worth trying.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Wish I had found this sooner. I get really dry skin on my hands every winter, but this winter turned my twenty-something hands into little old woman hands (no offense to any little old women here...I'm sure your hands are beautiful!). But seriously, even my mother made fun of how old my hands looked, that's how bad they were. I suspect I had some sort of eczema situation going on, because there was also a lot of peeling, cracking, and a bit of bleeding involved.

Things I tried: neutrogena norweigian formula, burt's bees almond & milk hand cream and their grapeseed hand cream (both of these were the *worst*), kiehl's hand salve, nivea creme, some eucerin lotion, palmer's cocoa butter, and straight up vaseline.

Skin food was the only thing that worked....I would say my hands look about 80% better than they did before. I know previous reviews said it was too greasy for daytime use, but if your hands are as dry as mine were, you will be fine using this throughout the day. It smells natural, herbal, and sort of medicinal, which I love. I'd say the texture is between a cream and an emollient. I picked up the 2.5 oz at Target for $12.00, which is an awesome price for how long one tube will last. I rate this a 4 instead of 5/5 because while my skin looked and felt better right away, my hands were dry again within an hour or two, which was frustrating. It took around two weeks of continual use to see any lasting improvement.

on 3/18/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a staple for me...I use it for everything. I even use it on my face for night cream. It does not break me out and I am sensitive so that is good. But even if you are scared to use it on your face it is great for heels, elbows, cuticles...knees, etc. It has an herbal smell but it is not off putting just different. My husband always says "what smells so good?" when I put it on. It is a little more than I like to pay retail for (20) so I normally wait for a sale on Vitacost.com and get it for about 10-12 dollars. ❤️❤️

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Read all the amazing reviews on here and decided to splurge on it! At first I bought the small tube and used that up and I freaking loved it so I went back to get the bigger bottle. :) My face soaks it right up. Especially great for our Canadian winters! For a while I was using it day and night, but it takes a long time for it to seep in so it's better as a night time moisturiser. My skin is so much less tight and uncomfortable since I started using it and a little goes a long way! I also use this on my hands since this time of year they always get super dry with eczema patches. All natural and they don't test on animals which is a huge bonus for me. Two big ol' thumbs up!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I always shop at Whole Foods and for the longest time I would pop into the beauty isle an use the tester of this on my hands. Pop in even though I wasn't buying anything at the market that day sometimes. It became like an addiction for me. I could never bring myself to buy it because it costs $18.99 for about 2.5 ounces. However, last week it went on sale for just $8.99, so I went and bought 3.
After using this regularly for a week, I must say, my addiction continues. This cream is AMAZING. I love it so much.
It does have a scent to it, but I happen to like the smell. The consistency is pretty thick, however it easy easy to smooth into the skin. I use this on my hands, knees, and elbows. I dab a bit on my knees and elbows, then rub it in. Then use my regular body lotion on top and everywhere else. The Skin Food really made a huge difference. A little bit goes a long way, and it has softened my roughest areas completely.
I also use this on my face in the winter time. It prevents dry patches and is surprisingly good for acne as well.
I will never go without this again. When my 3 run out, I will purchase it at full price because it really is an HG product for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I used to hate the smell, but I've gotten used to it. Great for winter dry skin.