Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.1

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

I was using the Nivea soft moisturizing crème, and I thought that nothing could beat it until I bought this moisturizer! It is fantastic I could see results after a few days, it moisturizes really well, it has an incredible scent, like food maybe that’s why the name is “skin food.” I know that you can’t eat it, but I would put it on my bread if I could!

It helped me with my acne which I got from another crème which I bought recently, so it’s good for that as well, I guess. It is a little greasy, and I wouldn’t use it under my makeup; I probably would go with the lighter version which I ordered right away!

It has natural ingredients, and I watched a Youtube video from Weleda they do have their own farm, and everything looks so lovely and clean, organized. I really love that product. It feels even better when you know where the ingredients are coming from!

BUY!BUY! 🤪

on 1/23/2019 9:40:00 PM

Omg so good for everything!!!! I love skin food for hands especially. I’ve been using it on my face, after my Epicuren Rose Otto, and loving how soft my skin is once it’s absorbed. It stays shiny tho so maybe not the best under makeup

on 1/5/2019 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I love Weleda Skin Food, but should say at the outset that it's not for everyone. Some background on my skin: now that I'm nearing 52, my skin is on the drier side in winter and I use RetinA every night. Skin Food gives me such a rich, deep moisturizing treatment, but it it may be on the oily side for some. There is a natural fragrance, but I like it. The price is fair because I've found that so little is needed for the face. It's a HG for me and I would really recommend it for women 40+.

on 1/2/2019 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cream is a lifesaver for my dry and temperamental skin in the winter. The texture is a bit off putting at first (it is very thick and tacky), but it has a light and refreshing (not floral, thankfully) scent, and it does absorb into your skin as long as you warm it a bit/give it some time to really sink in. I like to let Skin Food have at least ten minutes or so before continuing with any additional products, although usually I slather it on before bed and just wait to make sure my pillowcase doesn't end up greasy.

In the winter my skin does go kind of nuts, it gets dry from the cold and the heating system in my apartment, and while my usual face cream: Dr. Jart's Ceramidin Cream does wonders, sometimes I need a little extra. When my cheeks or nose are particularly chapped, Skin Food really helps to soothe and repair my skin. I don't use this on my face daily by any means (maybe every other, at most), and usually only apply it to areas that need it. But about once a week I'll apply it all over for a deep hit of moisture, which has really helped.

I've never used it as a highlighter, although I do see how it could work as one. When I wear this during the day, you can see a shiny sheen even after it has absorbed, so I either ignore that (if I'm just running to the gym or the grocery store, I don't mind so much!) or dust a little powder on top. I know some people are hesitant to use it on their faces, and I'd suggest trying it in a small area before going crazy, but I've been fortunate and only had good reactions. I do also use it on my lips, elbows, hands (especially cuticles), feet, and knees as well as any rogue dry spots that pop up! So if you're not sure about its use on the face, I'd still recommend it for the body.

Pros: the metal tube is lovely and I really like it/haven't had any issues with the container, it is a rich and deeply moisturizing cream that just takes a little getting used to, a nice fresh scent, the best product I've found for coaxing some normality back into my skin (face and body) in the worst stretches of winter.

Cons: the tacky texture might be off putting, and it you needed to use this over extensive areas of the body (I once applied it all over my legs and it took a lot of product), I don't think it is quite worth the price for such a small tube. Not a product to apply at the last minute, as it takes some time to really absorb.

on 12/15/2018 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love how skin food is just that....it nourishes your skin softens the wrinkles and gives a subtle shimmer to my skin. The fragrance is herbal and subtle, as well. A little goes a long way. It's a great bargain for dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my HG cream when my face feels parched and my hands get chapped and rough, particularly in the cold months when the heat is on and sucking every bit of moisture from the air. It is super rich and a little goes a long way, this is one product I always have to remember I need to start off with just a little bit as I can always apply more but probably won’t need to. And the smell is refreshing, each time a treat for the senses!
My favorite use is at bedtime after washing where I will partially rub in a generous amount between my hands to liquify it, smear what I can from my palms all over my face, and work the rest in to the parts of my hands that need it the most until it is all fully absorbed. I wake up with my skin feeling super soft and it gets rid of those pesky fine lines that show up when my skin is dehydrated. I have somewhat sensitive skin but never had any issues while using skin food on my face.
I find the metal tube to be a luxury in today’s world where plastic is over used and abused, but I don’t like how it’s easily dented while carrying it in my purse so I keep it in the box for as long as I can. I highly recommend taking some care and squeezing from the end every time because any attempts to manipulate the shape of the tube may make it crack and product will always ooze out the tiny hole and make a mess.
Oh, this is a definite repurchase, it has been for the last 10 years or more!

on 11/15/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When my undereyes get super dry during the winter, this is literally the only thing that helps. I am sooo grateful that this exists, because otherwise my undereye area would be a dry, flaky, puffy and sad mess from November through March every year. Other highly moisturizing creams just increase irritation and sting, but this is so gentle while still being moisturizing that it doesn't cause any issues.

This is a heavy, heavy duty moisturizer. I use it sparingly and only on areas that really need it. It comes out of the tube super thick, so I usually warm it up on my hands before applying. This isn't something that you apply to your full face if you have normal skin, and it doesn't wear well under makeup for me because it's so thick (it's definitely a night cream when I put it on my face). It has a pleasant, herb-y smell that I find to be very soothing. Aside from my eye area, I use it on my lips too, and any areas that are especially dry during the winter months.

Bonus is that it also makes a great, natural-looking dewy highlight on your cheekbones! Love a multi-use product ;).

on 10/26/2018 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ughhh, I was SO excited to try this. My skin has been dry lately and I wanted an occlusive to really seal in my moisturizers, and was also hoping for a nice dewy effect under my makeup.

That worked. But it also broke me out TERRIBLY. to be clear, I am extremely acne prone (which is why I only test a new product every couple of months). Obviously, YMMV, but I always appreciate a review from anyone who gets a zit every time they sneeze because...that’s me!

Silver lining: my lips have been incurably chapped—none of my go-to chapsticks or anything have made a dent—and I slept with this on them and 1 never noticed a bad taste and 2 it helped!!!!!

TIP: Whole Foods sells tiny tester sizes. Start there.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Initially used it as an occlusive over my moisturizer at night, but it became a bit too rich after a while. Instead I now use it as a hand moisturizer. The citrusy scent is definitely not for everyone. Wouldn't use it during the day sine it leaves behind a sheen that doesn't really go away.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is much different than most moisturizers I have used, but it is very nice. I like the herbal-citrus scent, and it doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive skin. It has a somewhat waxy-creamy hybrid feel, but since I have quite dry facial skin I like that, since it seems to be helping the moisture to sink in. The packaging is simple and nice, and for the amount of product I use each time I know the tube will last for a while. When I put it on my face I only use about a pea-sized amount, or maybe a little more, and then rub it in. It does leave my face shiny for a while, but when I wake up in the morning my skin looks and feels plumper and smooth. I do have reactive skin, and so far I haven't noticed any adverse effects in about a month of use. I've also used it on my hands, and I think it would be nice for dry feet and elbows as well.