Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.1

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

I was using the Nivea soft moisturizing crème, and I thought that nothing could beat it until I bought this moisturizer! It is fantastic I could see results after a few days, it moisturizes really well, it has an incredible scent, like food maybe that’s why the name is “skin food.” I know that you can’t eat it, but I would put it on my bread if I could!

It helped me with my acne which I got from another crème which I bought recently, so it’s good for that as well, I guess. It is a little greasy, and I wouldn’t use it under my makeup; I probably would go with the lighter version which I ordered right away!

It has natural ingredients, and I watched a Youtube video from Weleda they do have their own farm, and everything looks so lovely and clean, organized. I really love that product. It feels even better when you know where the ingredients are coming from!

BUY!BUY! 🤪

on 1/3/2019 5:12:00 PM

Do not use this if you have acne prone/sensitive skin, it will break you out as it is way too rich and full of oils.

on 12/15/2018 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love how skin food is just that....it nourishes your skin softens the wrinkles and gives a subtle shimmer to my skin. The fragrance is herbal and subtle, as well. A little goes a long way. It's a great bargain for dry skin.

Honestly a holy grail for me. I even use it on my face during winter and combine with some rose hip oil. It’s a good dupe for La Met at a quarter of the price.

on 10/26/2018 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ughhh, I was SO excited to try this. My skin has been dry lately and I wanted an occlusive to really seal in my moisturizers, and was also hoping for a nice dewy effect under my makeup.

That worked. But it also broke me out TERRIBLY. to be clear, I am extremely acne prone (which is why I only test a new product every couple of months). Obviously, YMMV, but I always appreciate a review from anyone who gets a zit every time they sneeze because...that’s me!

Silver lining: my lips have been incurably chapped—none of my go-to chapsticks or anything have made a dent—and I slept with this on them and 1 never noticed a bad taste and 2 it helped!!!!!

TIP: Whole Foods sells tiny tester sizes. Start there.

I bought a small tube of this after seeing Katie Jane Hughes raving about it constantly on Instagram and I have completely changed my skin care routine because of how good it is.

It smells (to me) strongly of gin and tonic. The consistency is like an oily cold cream, so it's best used warm (I put it on the back of my hand for a few minutes). On the first night i used it in place of a night cream over a serum and it was hard work rubbing it onto my face and i wasn't happy about the consistency, but it did sink in after a while. On the second night I used it as a night cream again but without the serum and it was easier. When i woke up on the third day my skin looked noticeably better. It's the fastest I've noticed such a significant improvement using a product for the first time. My skin looked clearer, blemishes seemed smaller, I had no dry patches and I looked refreshed.

Since then I've been using it every day and experimenting with different uses and I now use it every night (nice thick layer an hour or two before going to sleep), and i use it under heavy makeup. It makes watery foundations look great and makes your skin glow. I hardly ever use serum now because nothing I've tried is worth bothering with now that I use this. It's going to save me a fortune in moisturizers, serums and primers.

I've tried using it on my hands, which are often dry and slightly flaky, and even though I've not been consistent with it (once every few days) I've noticed a small improvement. They're still sometimes dry but never flaky any more.

I've also use it on my elbows a few times because they were so dry that they were starting to crack, and since then they've really improved, almost back to normal.

This is miracle cream. I will never be without it again.

on 9/27/2018 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Where have you been all my life!? I was so hesitant to try this as I have very sensitive and extremely acne prone skin. Its heavy and scented which I generally try to avoid. I researched the I ingredients, read many reviews and decided to take a leap of faith and try it on my face. My skin appears very oily and shiny but is in fact dehydrated and requires a lot of moisture. This is perfect. I use it mainly at night, every night, over my regular serums and cream. I recommend warming it up in your hand before applying and then massaging it in. This has really helped my skin. During the fall/winter I get eczema and red flaky skin. This has saved me!

on 9/20/2018 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is beautiful. It has a herbaceous citrus scent. It is so moisturing. It is heavy but does sink in. It is fabulous under makeup - it makes your skin glow. I use it on my cuticles. It does not clog my acne prone skin. I bought it mainly as a way to dilute blush and foundation. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a dewy finish on their skin. The ingredients are wonderful.

on 8/6/2018 2:55:00 PM

Edit: Dropped down to 3 lippies. The fragrance kind of bothers my eyes, and I no longer like using it as a hand cream because it's SO TACKY even after it dries down. Will not repurchase.

---

I'm not going to dwell on what other people have said: thick texture, herbal smell, awesome price. For reference, I have dry and dehydrated skin.

Here is how I use Skin Food:
1) Hair: This thing is SO GOOD at putting down small cowlicks. I have a halo of hairs that stand straight up, and one clump of hair near my hairline that also does something similar. This slicks it down (use only a TINY bit!) without making it look oily.
2. Eye cream: I use this very sparingly around my eye area. I use this from browbone to halfway down my nose. It's a great occlusive that also provides a bit of moisture. Occasionally (like once a week), I'll put a very thin layer all over my face.
3. Hand cream: I have insanely dry hands (not flaky... more like very dehydrated and overstretched skin that have no moisture at the fingertips), and I apply this at night to the back of my hands. I always avoid putting this on or between my fingers though; way too thick for that. It doesn't fix the dryness much but since it dries down to a non-slick finish, I'm more inclined to use it vs other hand creams.

This doesn't work well as a lip balm. It tastes like it smells (which isn't bad, but it tastes very bitter...), and isn't hydrating.

I have to mention that I LOVE the packaging. The metal tube makes it so that no air is going inside the tube. Ever.

If you're not sure about this product, they sell 0.34 ounce tubes (10 mL). I definitely recommend trying that first because the 1 oz or 3 oz will last you forever.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Overhyped.
I like weleda shampoos, but nothing else.
This is a natural cosmetics brand the quality of the products is just avarage.
The cream is thick, waxy paste that gives zero hydration. Nivea cream is much better, believe me.
After two days of using this as a body balm my skin was greasy on top and cracky, dry and dehydrated underneath.

If you'd like to test that type of creams, go for Hauschka rose cream or Biologique Recherche ones. Much pricier, but worth it.
If you need something cheaper, Nivea in blue can is also worth trying.