Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 1/23/2019 9:40:00 PM

Omg so good for everything!!!! I love skin food for hands especially. I’ve been using it on my face, after my Epicuren Rose Otto, and loving how soft my skin is once it’s absorbed. It stays shiny tho so maybe not the best under makeup

on 1/2/2019 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cream is a lifesaver for my dry and temperamental skin in the winter. The texture is a bit off putting at first (it is very thick and tacky), but it has a light and refreshing (not floral, thankfully) scent, and it does absorb into your skin as long as you warm it a bit/give it some time to really sink in. I like to let Skin Food have at least ten minutes or so before continuing with any additional products, although usually I slather it on before bed and just wait to make sure my pillowcase doesn't end up greasy.

In the winter my skin does go kind of nuts, it gets dry from the cold and the heating system in my apartment, and while my usual face cream: Dr. Jart's Ceramidin Cream does wonders, sometimes I need a little extra. When my cheeks or nose are particularly chapped, Skin Food really helps to soothe and repair my skin. I don't use this on my face daily by any means (maybe every other, at most), and usually only apply it to areas that need it. But about once a week I'll apply it all over for a deep hit of moisture, which has really helped.

I've never used it as a highlighter, although I do see how it could work as one. When I wear this during the day, you can see a shiny sheen even after it has absorbed, so I either ignore that (if I'm just running to the gym or the grocery store, I don't mind so much!) or dust a little powder on top. I know some people are hesitant to use it on their faces, and I'd suggest trying it in a small area before going crazy, but I've been fortunate and only had good reactions. I do also use it on my lips, elbows, hands (especially cuticles), feet, and knees as well as any rogue dry spots that pop up! So if you're not sure about its use on the face, I'd still recommend it for the body.

Pros: the metal tube is lovely and I really like it/haven't had any issues with the container, it is a rich and deeply moisturizing cream that just takes a little getting used to, a nice fresh scent, the best product I've found for coaxing some normality back into my skin (face and body) in the worst stretches of winter.

Cons: the tacky texture might be off putting, and it you needed to use this over extensive areas of the body (I once applied it all over my legs and it took a lot of product), I don't think it is quite worth the price for such a small tube. Not a product to apply at the last minute, as it takes some time to really absorb.

on 12/17/2018 5:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was recommended this product to help with peeling and dryness from Tretinoin cream. It’s been a godsend! I now use it daily on my face/neck/lips/hands. It does have a spa-like fragrance but it’s pleasant and doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin nor bother my chronic headaches. It absorbs into the skin quickly even though it’s a fairly thick product, leaving your skin soft and hydrated.

on 11/19/2018 12:29:00 AM

I love how soft it makes my skin feel BUT it clogs my pores and now I’m trying to find something tho unclog them. I wish it worked for me, I really do.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I followed the hype and bought myself a tube of this. After using it only one time on my face and hands I ended up with a greasy but dry feeling face and my hands were not moisturized at all. This was just a waste of $$ for me.

on 4/5/2018 1:38:00 AM

Great multi-use product! A little goes a long way so it's great value for money. I usually use it on dry skin on my body but if my face is feeling dry I'll use it as a face moisturiser and it never makes me break up. Also nice, natural ingredients which is always great.

on 10/24/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Somehow Weleda products and my skin are not a good match, the only products that my skin tolerates are the Almond products (for sensitive skin).
I bought the Skinfood for my dry hands, but my skin became very irritated and red from the cream. I had the same experience with the Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Hand Cream.
Don't think that if you buy natural products that it is always fine, the alcohol, fragrances and essential oils can be very harmful for the skin.

on 2/17/2017 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wow...Seriously where to begin with this. I had heard about using Weleda'a Skin Food on the face for an intensive overnight cream and my combination skin has bas been dried out and gross this winter. I live in Canada and my skin normally leans more towards oily. I used this last night for the first time and was unsure (it's thick, you have to warm it up in your hands). I washed my face with Lush's Angels on Bare Skin, did a natural clay powder face mask that you mix with water, then toned my skin with pure rose water and lastly, I applied Skin Food as both face and undereye cream. It felt heavy-ish and my face wash really shiny, but I woke up this morning with healed skin that looks 100% better. My little spots have even healed up. If this products continues to do this every night I'll actually fall in love. It didn't break me out and I am prone to breakouts. I love this stuff, wish it were cheaper in Canada :( My local market has a natural health food store where the bigger tube is $23 + taxes, so around $30. Does anyone know where I could find this for like $10? 💚

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This cream is especially good for dry, sensitive skin on the face. I would not suggest for combination-oily or very oily skin as it is way too rich and greasy!
I found this works best warmed up between my fingertips and applied in a patting motion as the formula doesn't have much slip and 'massaging' it in like the instructions say only drags your skin around. This is a very thick cream so I find it much better applied at night as an overnight moisturiser as I wake up with glowing, supple skin. I have tried this in the morning using a pea-sized amount and tapping more on places that it needs and it does take a while to sink into the skin which is why it makes a good night cream.
The scent is a herbal-floral scent, it doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin nor does it dry it out.
Overall, I really do like this moisturiser, and it has many uses all over the body such as hands or feet. You literally only need a teeny amount so the tube will last me a long time as I don't use everyday as it is very thick so don't want to congest my skin.

The package is a bit smaller then I expected but it's totally worth the price! It does make magic with my faice while I leave it for night. Especially for those who must deal with bad ecology of city. It's a bit oily so I prefer to use it while I sleep. A lot of good things to say about Weleda brand. I hope ther products continue to remain as natural as they r now. The smell is not always sweet and tasty but the result is way more important. My skin adores everything that I buy from this brand. My boyfriend shares this cream with me as well.