Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.1

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this. It has a herbal citris smell and is rich. Good for hands and cuticles. I gave mine to a friend with painfully dry hands because she had to wash them a lot. She said it helped. You do not need much to coat your hands as it is quite thick and .....how would I say, a little oily. I mean oily in a good way. I also like the calendula cream for babies. It makes a nice under eye cream as it is gentle. Weleda is awsome.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just bought this because I wanted to see what all the hype was about, but I tried it and I don't like it at all. First off, I hate the smell, I'm not sure what smell it is, I think lavander or jasmine or something...whatever it is, I can't stand it...and second, the product doesn't spread well at all. You need at least 3 pea sized squeezes to spread on a normal sized area, like my stomach,(where I'm using it), and it does moisturize okay, but I've seen better moisturizers out there that can do the same job, without the smell and for a cheaper price.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've had great results with this as a body moisturizer--I haven't used this on my face-but I have on my neck.
I really love this product and just a bit goes a long way--this leaves my skin soft and helps with my neck "creepies".
Reccomend highly.

on 7/9/2008 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Considering all the rave reviews I am very underwhelmed by this product. I was really excited when I bought it, reasonable price ($AU20) for a decent sized tube, I bought it mainly because my acne product that contains 10% benzoyl peroxide is really drying out my normally very oily skin. When I first squeezed the cream out, a layer of oil came out, so I can see why people are apprehensive in putting it on their face. But because of my dry patches I've been applying layers and layers on face , and yet to break out. It's an ok product, but not my HG will keep looking for a better moisturiser. Also not a fan for my hands its abit too oily and takes too long to sink in. Due to the oily/dense factor I really thought it would be for dry skin, so I applied this cream liberally for a few weeks, skin STill remained flakey. One application of a cheap drugstore brand and I was set. Defintley will not repurchase, massive dissapointment.

on 8/24/2006 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I read the good reviews about this product here on MUA and I thought I could give it a try. I was surprised to see that the big tube costs less than 7 euros here in Germany, but since I wanted to try it first, I bought the trial size for 1,65 euros instead... and now I think I'm gonna have to buy the big one!! It's an amazing product, I used Neutrogena for my hands and dry skin for some years but I think Skin Food is a lot better. It's very thick at first and the smell is unusual but not bad, a little goes a long way and it does wonder on feet and hands! After 15 minutes the skin had taken it all in and felt soft and fresh. I tried it today on dry patches on my face but I think I took too much because after a few hours it still feels a little oily. I love it and I can wholeheartedly recommend this product. Give it a try!

on 12/21/2005 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This just makes my face break out so I don't use it on my face. Is really great on hands though.

on 11/7/2005 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because I head it helped blemishes. It is too rich for my oily breakout prone skin. It does work really well on my hands and feet as a moisturizer. Would buy it again for these reasons.

on 5/16/2003 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is fabulous for itchy dry hands and elbows. It's definitely thick, you have to get used to the extra heavy texture and let it soak in a bit, but once you do it protects like nothing else out there. This creme saw some heavy usage during this past Maine winter (the worst in 50 years) and I still have about 2/3 of the tube left. Also makes a good lip balm in a pinch. Have not used it on my face due to intense pimplephobia, but if you're dry and flaky this could very well be your holy grail.