Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.4

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am using weleda since long time with the experience of using this product is too good.This product provides necessary moisturizing to my skin.
I will recommend to use this product if you want to know the latest updates about skin products check out my website
www.yaseenbeautyproducts.com

on 9/20/2018 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is beautiful. It has a herbaceous citrus scent. It is so moisturing. It is heavy but does sink in. It is fabulous under makeup - it makes your skin glow. I use it on my cuticles. It does not clog my acne prone skin. I bought it mainly as a way to dilute blush and foundation. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a dewy finish on their skin. The ingredients are wonderful.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Overhyped.
I like weleda shampoos, but nothing else.
This is a natural cosmetics brand the quality of the products is just avarage.
The cream is thick, waxy paste that gives zero hydration. Nivea cream is much better, believe me.
After two days of using this as a body balm my skin was greasy on top and cracky, dry and dehydrated underneath.

If you'd like to test that type of creams, go for Hauschka rose cream or Biologique Recherche ones. Much pricier, but worth it.
If you need something cheaper, Nivea in blue can is also worth trying.

on 5/23/2018 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've heard so much about Skin Food and so when it was on sale at Choices, I had to try it.

Great for my hands! I wash my hands A LOT due to a very busy work environment, and from all the washing and hand sanitizing, my hands are really parched. I layer on Skin Food before bedtime, and my hands feel so much better in the morning, and actually, for a few days afterward too. This is more like a balm, not a cream. I LOVE THE SMELL, but I know it won't be for everyone. Someone commented that it smells like a gin and tonic; they're not wrong!

I think once you try this, you'll realize that most "moisturizers" are just liquified, scented wax, that don't really do much than temporarily coat your hands. I can honestly say that my hands feel much more comfortable with Skin Food.

on 4/18/2018 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This wasn't for me. I have rosacea on my cheeks and I had heard some use this for Rosacea but it made my cheeks burn. I had to wash it off. However some probably did soak in and when I woke up the next day my skin somehow looked different and brighter. Even so I can not use this and risk making it worse.

on 11/28/2017 10:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this on a whim to see what it could do for my oily/dry combination face (in hindsight, this super thick, emollient cream is not my best bet for daily use given that I don't have really dry skin). Fast forward to the chilly weather and dry indoors and my lips are the worst they've ever been. I was at a loss for what to use on the bleeding, cracking and flakiness - until I used a dab of this. This blows the dozens of balms I have used out of the water: it's thick, creamy and leaves my lips feeling hydrated and smooth. The cream itself is light so I apply sparingly if I am going out in public, but I slather this goodness on before bed and my lips are not chapped, cracked or flaking! The smell is a bit herbal and citrus-y, and this feels somewhat oily on the lips. I bought a 1 oz. tube for around $10 or so, and I don't know if I'm going to finish the tube but I would repurchase again if I ever run out!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Really great moisturizer, work quickly. But the smell is not my favorite. If you have dry skin, I recommend it.

on 1/20/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Overall, not a fabulous moisturizer, but a good one for hands and a very good one for the face. For the face it is very good at moisturizing but not too greasy and really does soak in well. For the hands, being on the light side, wasn't enough of a moisturizer. The smell is very different and pleasant, kind of like an herbal and lemony smell. But because of the herbal note I wouldnt freshly apply this around anyone. Lets talk price. Ive seen this at CVS for....$19.00 a tube. And at online sites like Luckyvitamin.com or Vitacost.com, the same tube is round $7.50. At 7.50 I would definitely repurchase. Ingredients are the main reason I would buy it again, It has excellent skin nourishing ingredients like almond oil and lanolin, and beeswax provides that barrier to keep moisture in.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been a product junkie for over twenty years, so when I tell you that Weleda Skin Food might be the best product I've ever used, believe it. I can't thank you all enough for writing the great reviews that led me to discovering the stuff.

I have oily skin with a tendency toward redness, and occasional break-outs. You'd think that using a heavy cream would be a horrible idea, but it was not. This past winter wreaked havoc on my skin- I had been using a combination of Murad, Kinerase, and Caudalie creams. All that money spent, and nothing but mediocre results to show for it. One day, I stumbled upon a few trial-size tubes of Skin Food on clearance at Target for 88 cents. I had read the reviews on MUA and knew it was good stuff, so I bought them all. Bored with my skincare regimen, I tried the Skin Food on my face that night. When I woke up the next day, all the previous redness had vanished, and my skin was soft and smooth after washing.

Frankly, I was amazed. I have tried dozens of products on my skin and never received instant results like that. I was encouraged to try a few things. I had been using Kiss My Face's (highly recommended) Eyewitness cream, but was not happy with the effects. So, I switched that out for the Skin Food. The crepe-y look was gone! Next I tried Skin Food as a day cream- that one didn't work out so well for me. I found it too heavy to wear under foundation. If your skin is more dry than mine is, it might work for you, though.

Long story short, this product has been a miracle for me, and I don't think I've ever used that word about cosmetics before. For the past 4-5 months, I've used a full-sized tube of Skin Food as a night cream and the trial size as an eye cream both day and night. I'm spending a fraction of the cost I was a year ago, and my skin has completely transformed. Whereas I used to have to powder my nose every few hours, I can go an entire day without getting oily. Whatever is in this stuff, it seems to have stopped the over-production of oil in my skin.

Skin Food accomplished what I hoped Creme de la Mer would do, and is a natural product to boot! I had negative results with CdlM, and with all the cheap ingredients that stuff contains, it's no wonder.

I've literally asked myself why I didn't start using Skin Food ten years ago, so don't make the same mistake. Oily-skinned folks, don't be afraid. This stuff is cheap, so there's no risk involved. If it doesn't work on your face, just use it as a hand cream- it's great for that, too.

I've become such a convert that I'm actually wondering if I'll make Sephora VIB status this year. In just a few months, Skin Food has saved me hundreds of dollars- no joke. Best product ever.

on 5/3/2011 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use this on my face because it is so thick. My skin is very oily, so I don't need this for moisture. I use this on my feet because they get very dry. Before Skin Food, I would apply all kinds of lotions and creams on my feet but it would never do anything. Skin Food is different! Within a few days, my feet aren't dry anymore! This stuff is great. It is so expensive though! I got this for about $14 on Amazon because my local Target didn't have it. It's worth it though. I will repurchase, but will ration out what I have for as long as I can!