Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 1/3/2019 5:12:00 PM

Do not use this if you have acne prone/sensitive skin, it will break you out as it is way too rich and full of oils.

on 11/15/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When my undereyes get super dry during the winter, this is literally the only thing that helps. I am sooo grateful that this exists, because otherwise my undereye area would be a dry, flaky, puffy and sad mess from November through March every year. Other highly moisturizing creams just increase irritation and sting, but this is so gentle while still being moisturizing that it doesn't cause any issues.

This is a heavy, heavy duty moisturizer. I use it sparingly and only on areas that really need it. It comes out of the tube super thick, so I usually warm it up on my hands before applying. This isn't something that you apply to your full face if you have normal skin, and it doesn't wear well under makeup for me because it's so thick (it's definitely a night cream when I put it on my face). It has a pleasant, herb-y smell that I find to be very soothing. Aside from my eye area, I use it on my lips too, and any areas that are especially dry during the winter months.

Bonus is that it also makes a great, natural-looking dewy highlight on your cheekbones! Love a multi-use product ;).

on 10/26/2018 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ughhh, I was SO excited to try this. My skin has been dry lately and I wanted an occlusive to really seal in my moisturizers, and was also hoping for a nice dewy effect under my makeup.

That worked. But it also broke me out TERRIBLY. to be clear, I am extremely acne prone (which is why I only test a new product every couple of months). Obviously, YMMV, but I always appreciate a review from anyone who gets a zit every time they sneeze because...that’s me!

Silver lining: my lips have been incurably chapped—none of my go-to chapsticks or anything have made a dent—and I slept with this on them and 1 never noticed a bad taste and 2 it helped!!!!!

TIP: Whole Foods sells tiny tester sizes. Start there.

on 10/7/2018 4:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Despite the positive reviews on here and anywhere else on the internet, I was very sceptical about this cream because of its very rich, oil-filled ingredients list and the thick consistency. I was mainly worried about this breaking me out. Although, it didn't do any of that! This product is just fantastic. I don't use it alone over my face because my skin isn't that dry and this is honestly just too thick for me to use all over. But it's been a life saver for my dry patches this winter. Namely around the nose where I've spent too much time rubbing it with tissue during the colder months. The only products I think I've used that is superior to this in terms of healing my dry patches is Stratia Liquid Gold and Dr Jart Cicapair Cream... and that's saying a lot because those other two are magic! And I guess that explains why I gave this four lippie star and not five. It's amazing, but not the best I've used. Extra thumbs up for the affordability of this product too. It's much more readily available to me than Stratia or Dr Jart as well. AND I've ever used this to create my own cream highlighter by mixing a small squeeze of this with a powder highlighter on the back of my hand. It works so well that way too!

Overall, a great multurpose cream for dry skin without any irritation or breakouts from my end!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Finally! I've found my hg moisturiser. What I needed was something for dry skin that is also acne prone. I was using Nivea before and that did the job but I still had some breakouts here and there. With Skin food, my skin is finally clearing up. Another factor that was important to me was that it had to be natural (tick) and in sustainable packaging (aluminium is very recyclable). It has a lovely light citrusy scent. The price is right and it's readily available almost any where in the world. I wish i had tried this sooner because I would have saved so much time and money.

on 9/27/2018 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Where have you been all my life!? I was so hesitant to try this as I have very sensitive and extremely acne prone skin. Its heavy and scented which I generally try to avoid. I researched the I ingredients, read many reviews and decided to take a leap of faith and try it on my face. My skin appears very oily and shiny but is in fact dehydrated and requires a lot of moisture. This is perfect. I use it mainly at night, every night, over my regular serums and cream. I recommend warming it up in your hand before applying and then massaging it in. This has really helped my skin. During the fall/winter I get eczema and red flaky skin. This has saved me!

on 4/22/2018 8:15:00 PM

I am a nurse and I have to wash my hands or use hand sanitizers many, many times during a shift. From early fall well into spring, my hands are a mess with dry skin and peeling palms. I use a bunch of this on my hands before bed and it has really helped! It smells nice. It takes a while to sink in, and I wouldn't dream of using it on my face, but this is a great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Did not moisturize enough my really dry eczema patches/parts. Did stain my clear clothes, so not possible to recycle it as a thick body cream . Bof!

on 1/12/2018 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this on my face, mostly at night in the summer but sometimes when I have dry patches during the day in winter I'll use it then, too. I put a tiny amount on my fingers and pat it onto damp skin. My skin LOVES this product, and I love the herbal citrus smell. They sell a tiny travel/sample size tube, which should be plenty to find out if this product will work for your skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Had to think twice about whether I would buy again or not. This very oily and nourishin cream is highly natural, so always worth more for our skin than chemicals. But the oil sits on the surface of your skin. It also smells of the more citronella-end of the citrus scent. The texture is amazing, that’s for sure. For a hand cream it might be ok if 1, you have really dry hands but also 2, you’re prepared for a thick cream to not penetrate and dry. It really coats your skin which can be a good or bad thing. I put it on my lips if I don’t have lip balm, rub it into spots like fingers, elbows etc. I’d buy again but not to use as frequently as I thought I would.