Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

I was using the Nivea soft moisturizing crème, and I thought that nothing could beat it until I bought this moisturizer! It is fantastic I could see results after a few days, it moisturizes really well, it has an incredible scent, like food maybe that’s why the name is “skin food.” I know that you can’t eat it, but I would put it on my bread if I could!

It helped me with my acne which I got from another crème which I bought recently, so it’s good for that as well, I guess. It is a little greasy, and I wouldn’t use it under my makeup; I probably would go with the lighter version which I ordered right away!

It has natural ingredients, and I watched a Youtube video from Weleda they do have their own farm, and everything looks so lovely and clean, organized. I really love that product. It feels even better when you know where the ingredients are coming from!

BUY!BUY! 🤪

on 2/16/2019 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

LOVE this moisturizer. I mainly use it at night over my face oil (herbivore botanicals emerald). I warm it up in my hands and then tackle the driest parts first (cheeks, chin) and then spread everywhere else, including my neck and chest. I wake up every morning with glowy skin thanks to this. I rarely use it during the day as it’s a bit thick, but if I want a bit of extra glow I add a tiiiiiiny bit to my cheekbones so it shines through my makeup as a natural highlight. Katie Jane Hughes recommends this product which is why I purchased in the first place.

on 2/16/2019 4:24:00 AM

For reference,I mainly use this on my face.
It is very moisturizing for dry skin but it has a few cons.
For starters,this won't get fully absorbed into the skin.It will moisturize it but it leaves this shiny,sticky layer on the face which doesn't go away.The only way to remove it is to blot with a tissue.If I don't,I look like a glazed donut and I don't like looking like that in public.
Also,because this is an extremely thick consistency,it takes ages to fully spread all over the face as it takes a long time to warm up on the skin and become more easily spreadable.That's something I don't like as I want a moisturizer that I can squeeze out of the tube and quickly spread all of over my face so I can move on to the other steps in my routine.
I don't use it in my morning routine anymore as it's very time consuming for me.I have little in the tube left which I will only use on my hands or other dry areas on my body overnight or as an overnight moisture treatment on my face(I still have to blot though).
I would repurchase(given that's it's quite cheap anyway) buy only for the latter reasons.

Bought it due to Katie Jane Hughes's praises on Instagram and have repurchased three times. My skin savior in the winter. I use it like Katie does: I warm up a good dollop on my finger tips so the cream breaks down into a thinner consistency, then apply it on the driest parts first, eg. my cheeks. I use the leftover on my nose and chin. Then I wait 5min before applying sunscreen. Really hope they never change the formula.

on 11/14/2018 11:28:00 PM

I've recently added this to my skin care routine now that the colder months are approaching and my skin has never been better. I use this at night more because it's thick and I really slather it all over my face and when I wake up in the morning my skin is so moisturized and makeup application is better because the dry patches are gone. I've stopped using eye creams and replaced it with this instead. I also mix with my hand creams for added moisture. I use it on my elbows, I mix it with Nuxe dry oil for my feet... I've incorporated it with everything because it's so good! I have it in the car, office, purse, everywhere! It's that good!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This stuff is amazing. The smell is so fresh and clean that i just love it. Its a rich moisturizing cream that actually nourishes the skin. I mostly use this as a hand and foot cream but have also used it as as lip balm and on my face during very dry winter months.

I always have multiple tubes around so that no matter where I am I can grab one to use.

I bought a small tube of this after seeing Katie Jane Hughes raving about it constantly on Instagram and I have completely changed my skin care routine because of how good it is.

It smells (to me) strongly of gin and tonic. The consistency is like an oily cold cream, so it's best used warm (I put it on the back of my hand for a few minutes). On the first night i used it in place of a night cream over a serum and it was hard work rubbing it onto my face and i wasn't happy about the consistency, but it did sink in after a while. On the second night I used it as a night cream again but without the serum and it was easier. When i woke up on the third day my skin looked noticeably better. It's the fastest I've noticed such a significant improvement using a product for the first time. My skin looked clearer, blemishes seemed smaller, I had no dry patches and I looked refreshed.

Since then I've been using it every day and experimenting with different uses and I now use it every night (nice thick layer an hour or two before going to sleep), and i use it under heavy makeup. It makes watery foundations look great and makes your skin glow. I hardly ever use serum now because nothing I've tried is worth bothering with now that I use this. It's going to save me a fortune in moisturizers, serums and primers.

I've tried using it on my hands, which are often dry and slightly flaky, and even though I've not been consistent with it (once every few days) I've noticed a small improvement. They're still sometimes dry but never flaky any more.

I've also use it on my elbows a few times because they were so dry that they were starting to crack, and since then they've really improved, almost back to normal.

This is miracle cream. I will never be without it again.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. It is so moisturizing. It smells amazing. It never irritates my skin. You can use it to add highlights or a dewy look to your face - it instantly makes you look better. It is also amazing on your skin.
The metal tube easily cracks on the side, however, so you need to be careful when you use it. I have had to "decant" the remainder of a tube into little pots - which is not ideal from several standpoints, but it does mean I always have it with me.

If you have not tried this, do.

on 8/11/2018 7:03:00 AM

I have dehydrated but oily skin that is prone to breakouts (lucky me) and I am a huge fan of this product, which I have been using for a month.

I use a pea sized amount, warm it between my fingertips and tap it over my face. I then follow with an oil free moisturizer (Clinique Hydrating Jelly) which helps me to spread the Weleda Skin Food but isn't moisturising enough for me on its own. This way I'm able to add both water and oil based moisturising factors to my skin and control the percentages (I use more Skin Food at night, and less in the morning, so that I'm not as shiny during the day).

In only four weeks I have seen a dramatic improvement in the quality of my skin and the severity and frequency of my breakouts. I suffer from moderate acne, but within two weeks of switching to this regime almost all of my blemishes cleared and at the time of writing I only have two tiny pimples that can barely be seen.

I was quite worried about trying it on my face due to its thickness, but it's really delivered results for me. Fingers crossed it continues to do so!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Do I see an organic 'Beauty Flash Balm'? 1 product that can multitask and have so many different uses is a product that I absolutely have to try! Unfortunately it just wasn't what I expected it would be and for one reason alone: it was too heavy. Nothing else bothered me about Skin Food other than its heaviness and inability to absorb into my skin - whether used on my hands, feet or roughest areas such as elbows or knees, it left a greasy after feel that I did not like (Lanolin perhaps?). The only use I did get out of this was as a lip treatment - a small dab each PM left overnight on lips and they would be softer and slightly plumper looking by the morning.

Bottom line: despite my high hopes, this is not the natural/organic alternative to my beloved Clarins Beauty Flash Balm...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream