Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.5

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 1/5/2019 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I love Weleda Skin Food, but should say at the outset that it's not for everyone. Some background on my skin: now that I'm nearing 52, my skin is on the drier side in winter and I use RetinA every night. Skin Food gives me such a rich, deep moisturizing treatment, but it it may be on the oily side for some. There is a natural fragrance, but I like it. The price is fair because I've found that so little is needed for the face. It's a HG for me and I would really recommend it for women 40+.

on 12/15/2018 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love how skin food is just that....it nourishes your skin softens the wrinkles and gives a subtle shimmer to my skin. The fragrance is herbal and subtle, as well. A little goes a long way. It's a great bargain for dry skin.

I use the skin food right before I put on my sunscreen in the morning. It's great for my mature skin, gives it that extra glow underneath my foundation and keeps it hydrated all day long. I use it at night after I put on my retin-a about 30 minutes as a buffer and it works great to cut down on flaking. It also works great on my elbows, heels and any dry spots that I have. I order off Amazon subscribe and save for an extra discount!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Initially used it as an occlusive over my moisturizer at night, but it became a bit too rich after a while. Instead I now use it as a hand moisturizer. The citrusy scent is definitely not for everyone. Wouldn't use it during the day sine it leaves behind a sheen that doesn't really go away.

on 5/8/2018 9:39:00 AM

I don't like the smell or the feel of the cream, but I use it occasionally on my elbows when the skin there get's super-dry. One application and problem solved! It's really strange, but the skin will feel so much better for several days - after one application.

on 1/14/2018 9:22:00 AM

Works amazingly well is a night moisturizer on my face- pat it in to freshly washed skin. Make sure skin is dry or the product will just sit on top of your skin and not absorb. I use it before nightly tretenoin - my skin has never looked better!

on 11/30/2017 5:53:00 PM

The best natural multipurpose classic cream.
Great for face cream, face mask, lipcare, knees an elvows, antiwrinkle, hair mask, hand cream, cuticle care, healing cuts and bug bites.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Fantastic! I use this as at night on my face a few nights per week. My skin leans dry and I don't break out (well anymore anyway).

It is thick and a bit greasy but you need to warm it up in your hands a bit before applying. I like the smell - it's kind of citrusy and earthy. Not bad. It really gives my skin excellent moisture and glow. Fine lines are plumped up. It's a bit heavy for everyday right now though. Winters in Chicago are pretty harsh so maybe I will use it more frequently in the upcoming months. But regardless I will buy again and again.

Oh it's great for hands, lips and heels as well.

on 3/18/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a staple for me...I use it for everything. I even use it on my face for night cream. It does not break me out and I am sensitive so that is good. But even if you are scared to use it on your face it is great for heels, elbows, cuticles...knees, etc. It has an herbal smell but it is not off putting just different. My husband always says "what smells so good?" when I put it on. It is a little more than I like to pay retail for (20) so I normally wait for a sale on Vitacost.com and get it for about 10-12 dollars. ❤️❤️

on 12/25/2015 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not to brag, ok I'm bragging, but I'm known for my soft skin. Really. Everyone comments on how soft my skin is and I do not take that compliment lightly because I work very hard to keep it that way. From my face to my legs, to my hands, I have a moisturizer for every inch of my body, and I'm always on the look out for something that will get at those tougher spots, especially as winter is approaching. My biggest needs are dry patches that appear around my ankles in the cold weather and the ever present need for under eye moisturizing. After hearing about how so many people have used Weleda as both a body and face moisturizer I was willing to give it a try.

As a body moisturizer it wasn't very effective. It didn't penetrate my skin very well, and I found it hovered on top of my skin more than soaked in. It didn't do anything for the dry patches where I needed it most and hardly did anything for my regular skin areas. After about a week I gave up on that and went back to my Aveeno body lotion which is the best thing in the world.

Then I used Weleda on my face. At first I concentrated on my under eye area. I didn't notice too big a difference, but the thick cream felt great and it didn't hurt to have a little extra under my eyes before bed. I started experimenting around other parts of my face. At first, my face took a long time to adjust. I didn't notice any big difference and I had little break outs (negligible nothing to freak out about). It was still early fall and I discontinued using it. As winter started and there were some very cold dry days, I gave it another try. This time I saw much better results. My face soaked up the moisturizer like a super sponge. Little dry spots around my nose and mouth from the windy day were especially helped by Skin Food. The area under my eyes didn't see much difference at first. However, I realized that after about three weeks I started to notice a change.

So my final verdict after playing around with this is. Skin Food is most definitely ideal for colder windier temperatures and not a good face moisturizer for spring or summer. To see some really good results you gotta stick with it for a few weeks and remain consistent during that time. However, because of it's thickness you also have to be vigilant and monitor your skin. Don't just follow a regimen because it's what you are allegedly supposed to do, listen to your skin and meet it where it is at. I found Skin Food worked well a few days a week and I gave my face a rest from it two or three nights a week. It's also a good idea to let it soak in for a few minutes and then blot the excess away before going to bed or applying any make up so as to avoid accidentally blocking your pores.

Overall, with a little experimenting and consistency, Skin Food can be really great when you need a little extra kick in the cold months without spending more money or slathering multiple types of goop all over your face. I'm a new fan.