Weleda Skin Food

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.1

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 4/1/2019 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 9/10

This is a solid winter moisturiser for dry skin. I would avoid if you have combo-oily skin, as this cream is very thick and heavy. It has a similar texture to German formula Nivea Creme, but smells much nicer, like oranges. I slather this on before bed as it's too thick to wear under makeup. It's not super cheap but not expensive either - $23 AUD for 75 ml. I would repurchase.

on 12/15/2018 11:58:00 AM

Lots of people wear this on their face. My only issue is that it has some ingredients in it that aren't good for your face. Those ingredients aren't bothering me yet, but I hope the day doesn't come when I react to them, because this is an everyday staple for me. I wear this morning and night. It is really thick but I rub it in about 10 minutes before I start my makeup routine. Watch the Lisa Eldrige video where she uses this on Kate Bosworth. That's exactly the way I use it. HG for me and I'm a skincare junkie.

on 12/15/2018 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got a tube at my local Whole Foods. Had to try it when I read that Rhianna is crazy about it. It lives up to the hype: non-irritating, deeply hydrating and soothing. I use it on my driest spots: feet, especially heels, shins, elbows, hands. I like to slather it on my feet before putting on thick cotton socks to make it penetrate faster. My only complaint is that it's a little pricey.

Honestly a holy grail for me. I even use it on my face during winter and combine with some rose hip oil. It’s a good dupe for La Met at a quarter of the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my HG cream when my face feels parched and my hands get chapped and rough, particularly in the cold months when the heat is on and sucking every bit of moisture from the air. It is super rich and a little goes a long way, this is one product I always have to remember I need to start off with just a little bit as I can always apply more but probably won’t need to. And the smell is refreshing, each time a treat for the senses!
My favorite use is at bedtime after washing where I will partially rub in a generous amount between my hands to liquify it, smear what I can from my palms all over my face, and work the rest in to the parts of my hands that need it the most until it is all fully absorbed. I wake up with my skin feeling super soft and it gets rid of those pesky fine lines that show up when my skin is dehydrated. I have somewhat sensitive skin but never had any issues while using skin food on my face.
I find the metal tube to be a luxury in today’s world where plastic is over used and abused, but I don’t like how it’s easily dented while carrying it in my purse so I keep it in the box for as long as I can. I highly recommend taking some care and squeezing from the end every time because any attempts to manipulate the shape of the tube may make it crack and product will always ooze out the tiny hole and make a mess.
Oh, this is a definite repurchase, it has been for the last 10 years or more!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I would consider marrying it. Stole this from my mother when I had a reaction to a topical acne gel (acnatac) and it fixed the itchy, red and bumpy mess in a matter of days. It smells great and did not break me out (and I used it on the particular area where I usually get acne from pretty much just breathing). Feels so soothing too. Works great as a cuticle treatment, on elbows and well, anywhere dry.

on 2/21/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've gone through numerous tubes of Weleda Skin Food over the years. It makes a great overnight treatment when my face is feeling super dry or irritated. It's extremely thick, it works best for me over a light layer of jojoba oil.

As a mid 20s girl with dry skin, this is a god-send. It's rich so I mix it with a liquid face cream for day time use to water it down, then pat on some under my eyes like an eyecream. It works beautifully. Smells so natural at the same time. The tube is great as well-really travel friendly.

The price doesn't hurt, & neither do the ingredients. And no, it does not stain anything.

This product works great if put on my skin before bed - my foundation usually goes on better in the morning and it takes away most if not all dryness. The price and packaging could be better but overall I really do like this product so I will repurchase until i find something better.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I really have nothing bad to say about this product. I have very sensitive and dry skin, and I have never broken out from this, nor is it greasy. I use it overnight as a moisturizer on my face and honestly my skin has benefitted from it. I can understand why people with oily or normal skin wouldn't be interested in putting it anywhere near their faces, but for us dry/sensitive kids I highly recommend. Waking up with a soft and moisturized face is the goal. And as a highlighter during the day, I also love it, works great as a natural looking little glow. Rough patches anywhere else no problem. 10/10. Yep from me.